• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note - I'm not going to specifically defend what you're poking at, but I think that your defense here is based on false premises.

They don't need to be singled out. The goal would be to reduce the vote totals for Democrats by 120,000 more than reductions in Republican votes, to use the numbers there arbitrarily. Such could be done by going after just about anything and anywhere that is more likely to be used by Democrats. Mail in voting, for this year specifically, for example, seems to be much more skewed towards being used by Democrats this year in most states, hence the Republican campaigning and legal attacks against it. That PA naked ballots thing was just one front in that political offensive, not even remotely based in principle.

Personally, though, I'm a bit more concerned about the scenario of the PA GOP trying to sabotage mail in voting counting, then using all the ballots that aren't counted because of their sabotage as an excuse to just appoint their choice of people to the Electoral College - as the Trump campaign has been in discussions with the PA GOP about.
The premise is that some Democratic leaning 'group' needs to be singled out. You're not using a different premise than I am.

However, your scenario with the PA GOP getting the entire state election result tossed out is based on a totally false premise so I don't see that that is more likely than what I've posted.

So what Trump has been talking to the PA GOP about it. In Trumplandistan there's a rock candy mountain and kids never have to go to be. :p
 
trump Tetweeted

The Fake News Media is riding COVID, COVID, COVID, all the way to the Election. Losers!

Joe Biden called me George yesterday. Couldn’t remember my name. Got some help from the anchor to get him through the interview. The Fake News Cartel is working overtime to cover it up!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

New York, California, Illinois. People are FLEEING, Taxes and Crime are going through the roof. VOTE TRUMP, I will turn it around, and FAST!
 
The premise is that some Democratic leaning 'group' needs to be singled out. You're not using a different premise than I am.

Perhaps. As noted, though, singling out "some Democratic leaning 'group'" and working to suppress those votes is actually not all that hard - and I suppose that I should add that it's been one of the routine nation-wide tactics that the GOP's been employing and trying to employ for quite a while now. So, perhaps a better way to put it than I did would be to say that the goal would be to reduce the vote totals for Democrats by 120,000 more than reductions in Republican votes, on top of the rest of their already existing efforts to skew things in their favor, to use the numbers there arbitrarily.

However, your scenario with the PA GOP getting the entire state election result tossed out is based on a totally false premise so I don't see that that is more likely than what I've posted.

So what Trump has been talking to the PA GOP about it. In Trumplandistan there's a rock candy mountain and kids never have to go to be. :p

I'll add to that a bit, then. At least a few of the PA GOP politicians have been quite receptive to the idea. I'll agree that it's a rather conditional gambit, though, and much of the PA GOP would hopefully bulk at it as overplaying their hand too much.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

Big problems and discrepancies with Mail In Ballots all over the USA. Must have final total on November 3rd.
 
Book and film came out in 2006. And what you describe of your acquaintances is the exact premise of The Secret.

Maybe but it had a cool name that I forgot. Seemed to be pretty popular since a random guy in a room of 3 believed in it too. Pretty sure that is the philosophy Trump is spouting the things he spouting in order to make the things that he believes in come true.
 
I finally figured out what Trump is doing with COVID 19 and the election. There was a book that came out that said that if you believe something hard enough it will happen. I forgot what it was called. That’s why faucci is a disaster for Trump because he is doubting in Trumps reality bending spell. That’s why he talks like that.

Tinkerbell in Peter Pan?
 
Senator John Cornyn tweeted
@JohnCornyn
The Sec. of State is now reporting that 43.5% of, or 7,376,276, registered voters have voted early. In 2016, 8,969,226 individuals voted. We are 82% of the way to the total turnout in the 2016 General Election with five days of early voting and Election Day left!
@longhornderek

I don't know if it's been posted before but, according to this site, registered Democrats account for 49.1% of early votes so far.

Looking at the numbers on that site, and while 82% seems to be the highest, there are a lot of states in the 40-70% range. That gives me hope, because:


Trump just now in PA on the potential of winner declared after Nov 3: "We'll end up in the Supreme Court..they want to drag it out..we are in lots of court having to do with this & having to do with many states, about 5..we're not going to let this election be taken away from us"


...cutting the counting short, particularly by refusing any ballots that arrive after Nov. 3rd, is Trump's best shot at screwing with the election. But if so many major States have such high numbers of ballots already in hand, it really puts a crimp on that sort of plot.
 
I don't know where to put this (literally!) and I prefer not to start a new thread. But what's up with Mitch McConnell's visible injuries (that he won't discuss)? Images below are from Friday.
 

Attachments

  • Mitch looking battered 1.jpg
    Mitch looking battered 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 14
  • Mitch looking battered 2.jpg
    Mitch looking battered 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12
I don't know where to put this (literally!) and I prefer not to start a new thread. But what's up with Mitch McConnell's visible injuries (that he won't discuss)? Images below are from Friday.

Simple: his current arms have died. He'll just rob a grave to steal some fresh(-ish) ones to sew on and he'll be good for another year or so. (He doesn't mind the stench of death, and everyone around him gets used to it.)
 
Personally, though, I'm a bit more concerned about the scenario of the PA GOP trying to sabotage mail in voting counting, then using all the ballots that aren't counted because of their sabotage as an excuse to just appoint their choice of people to the Electoral College - as the Trump campaign has been in discussions with the PA GOP about.
I am concerned about this happening in WI as well...
 
I am concerned about this happening in WI as well...

I think there are a few dedicated Trumptrash in really safe seats who might try to seat electors for Trump. I think most will recognize that once they do that, when Democrats are in power, the same can be done to them. That my be a case of sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
 
Note - I'm not going to specifically defend what you're poking at, but I think that your defense here is based on false premises.

They don't need to be singled out. The goal would be to reduce the vote totals for Democrats by 120,000 more than reductions in Republican votes, to use the numbers there arbitrarily. Such could be done by going after just about anything and anywhere that is more likely to be used by Democrats. Mail in voting, for this year specifically, for example, seems to be much more skewed towards being used by Democrats this year in most states, hence the Republican campaigning and legal attacks against it. That PA naked ballots thing was just one front in that political offensive, not even remotely based in principle.

Personally, though, I'm a bit more concerned about the scenario of the PA GOP trying to sabotage mail in voting counting, then using all the ballots that aren't counted because of their sabotage as an excuse to just appoint their choice of people to the Electoral College - as the Trump campaign has been in discussions with the PA GOP about.


I think you're overly concerned about Pennsylvania. The Governor of the State is Democrat Tom Wolfe who appointed Kathy Boockvar as Secretary of State in 2019.
 
I don't know where to put this (literally!) and I prefer not to start a new thread. But what's up with Mitch McConnell's visible injuries (that he won't discuss)? Images below are from Friday.

It's pretty clear he took a nasty fall—put his hands out to stop the fall, hit his face anyway.

In the meantime the icing on the cake: USA Today: Trump’s campaign made stops nationwide. Coronavirus cases surged in his wake in at least five places.

Stock market crashed today and cases of COVID 19 are surging. This ******* better go down in flames next week.
 
Trump Tweets

We have made tremendous progress with the China Virus, but the Fake News refuses to talk about it this close to the Election. COVID, COVID, COVID is being used by them, in total coordination, in order to change our great early election numbers. Should be an election law violation!

Three BIG Rallies today. Heading to Pennsylvania. I have plenty to say about the dishonesty of the Media and Sleepy Joe. A terrible coverup is happening in our Country!!!

We are winning big on the voting numbers. Get out and Vote. Bigger than 2016!!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Hey, if they were making so much progress with the China Virus, AKA the Wuhan Flu, the Kung-Flu, and insert no doubt plenty of other racist names for this, then wouldn't Donald Trump be happy for the Fake News to be talking Covid Covid Covid? That should be exactly what Donald wants to talk about.
 
It's pretty clear he took a nasty fall—put his hands out to stop the fall, hit his face anyway.

Weird that when asked about it he didn't just say, "I fell over." Is this because it would make people think he is a frail old man, and not as well protected as the turtles he is compared to?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom