Gulliver Foyle
Philosopher
He's a Republican who tells them the things they want to hear- as a Repub, he's a member of the "conservative" club, and that makes him an honorary Southerner. At one time, about fifty years ago, he would have been a Democrat, when they were the conservatives for the South; the Southern Strategy put an end to that.
And all those sins are between him and Jesus, who has forgiven him, so what business is it of theirs? That sort of rationalizing never seems to work for, say, Bill or Hilary, but that's why it's called rationalizing- if nothing else, it's selective.
(Sorry, I know I'm a couple of pages behind here)
It helps too that he's as big, if not a bigger, a racist as they are. And that he hates the same people they do (though currently both he and they are pretending to like Jewish people).
I posted this to Facebook after hearing how awful and “un-Christian” it is that some people wish the president ill:
I would never wish death or illness on another human being. I condemn those who do so, Christian or otherwise. Yet, like a Greek Tragedy, one can still have a sense that things are playing out as they should - a great king or leader who mocked and belittled an adversary laid low in the end by that very adversary. It just seems right and almost inevitable.
At a certain value of great.
Last edited: