• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

"When we heard the sad news of President Trump's positive COVID test, once again we had faith and prayed but we knew our President would find a way to Knockout COVID in early rounds of this battle,” Giannini wrote.
Wouldn't have anything to do with the best medical care available, would it?

And to expand on the stupid boxing metaphor, Trump is still in the early rounds of this fight; COVID might just be waiting until his exposes his glass jaw.
 
Has he? Or is he trying to make that the narrative? The point is that Biden can't let him. I knew this was going to be Trump's strategy. I'd say we are glad that Trump survived COVID, but lots of people don't. I'd contrast that team of doctors in their white lab coats with harried doctors in so many hospitals across the nation.

I'd point out that Trump couldn't protect Herman Cain. He couldn't even protect himself. And he certainly hasn't protected the country.

Biden and the dems better get busy then. Trump is posing for pictures and video at the WH while his sycophants in the GOP piss themselves in a fawning frenzy over how their tough guy president is at knocking out the covid. ****, one talking head on FOX is calling Trump's supposed recovery over the virus is symbolic of America's recovery. They are pretending it's over and the inevitable second wave hasn't even hit yet. If the dems can't get a grip on this horse ****, I'm afraid they're gonna be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.

If the GOP win, does anyone really think their response to the second wave will be any more coherent than their response to the first?
 
Last edited:
White House Gift Shop is a private company that isn't associated with the government or the White House.

I checked out Anthony Giannini's LinkedIn page and it is...bizarre. He claims to have been the Chief Advisor of Cognitive Neuroscience Research at the International Center for Strategic Thinking (which appears to not actually be a thing). He claims high level positions and academic achievements at Harvard University, Harvard Medical School, University of Michigan, US Army, US Air Force, US Marines, Center for Disease Control, University of Military Intelligence, and the Defense Security Academy in areas of psychiatry; computer science; engineering; mathematics; military intelligence and counter-intelligence; advanced aerial operations; human trafficking and witness protection; chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear survival; counter electronic warfare; improvised explosive devices; law; flight surgery; combat medicine; epidemiology; and anti-terroism.

And now he runs an on-line gift shop.

OK.
 
Last edited:
You sure the souvenir shop in the Visitor Center is run by the White House Gift Shop? Sounds like they're entirely unrelated.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/white-house-gift-shop-covid-coins/
https://www.whitehousehistory.org/white-house-visitor-center
https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/aboutus.asp

There is also a White House Gifts, unrelated to both.
https://www.whitehousegifts.com/

Sorry, my mistake. I was buying stuff from the White House Historical Association store which is in the Visitor Center. I stand corrected.
 
....

If the GOP win, does anyone really think their response to the second wave will be any more coherent than their response to the first?
They are saying they did everything possible: (paraphrasing) "POTUS was the most protected man, if you can't protect the POTUS then it can't be done."

How are these people that stupid they don't realize relying on those rapid tests was their problem?
 
"let's design our entire Covid response around a sample size of 1, 1 of which is certainly an extreme outlier in terms of testing and care".
 
Trump Tweets

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

I don't feel better than I did 20 years ago. I feel considerably worse off than 4 years ago. There is mourning in America.
 
"let's design our entire Covid response around a sample size of 1, 1 of which is certainly an extreme outlier in terms of testing and care".
Never mind, ninja'd by fromdownunder and with much better precision. Obviously Trump's ignorance and insensitivity was blatantly obvious.

Another thing that insensitive jerk had to say: (paraphrasing) "Don't be afraid, we have the best medicine."

:mad:

Please Joe, take his own words and point out the obvious.
 
Last edited:
Is there really no-one who has the authority to intervene when the president presents a clear and present danger to those around him?
 
I think the little stunt of taking off his mask when he entered the White House today will be a public relations disaster for Trump. Seen by all (but his most fervent admirers) as a pouty and uncaring 2 year old giving a middle finger to every American killed or sickened by covid-19. Together with his joyride over the weekend, it will be widely interpreted as an insult directed at his very closest staff who have been working ceaselessly to help him. There he was, highly infectious, but clearly uncaring how many more he would next infect as he dived into the White House huffing virus out of his unmasked face. All for a defiant but pointless demonstration to the reporters that no one could tell him what to do.

I even wonder its effect on the staff who have supported him until now. Will they now consider revealing some of the crap they’ve seen up to now? I would, especially if I was already hospitalized coughing in pain hoping my symptoms would not get worse and unlikely to get a fraction of the A+++ care Trump received.
 
Last edited:
I checked out Anthony Giannini's LinkedIn page and it is...bizarre. He claims to have been the Chief Advisor of Cognitive Neuroscience Research at the International Center for Strategic Thinking (which appears to not actually be a thing). He claims high level positions and academic achievements at Harvard University, Harvard Medical School, University of Michigan, US Army, US Air Force, US Marines, Center for Disease Control, University of Military Intelligence, and the Defense Security Academy in areas of psychiatry; computer science; engineering; mathematics; military intelligence and counter-intelligence; advanced aerial operations; human trafficking and witness protection; chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear survival; counter electronic warfare; improvised explosive devices; law; flight surgery; combat medicine; epidemiology; and anti-terroism.

And now he runs an on-line gift shop.

OK.

In other words, he's almost as big a liar and conman as Trump.
 
I seriously wonder if the disease itself, or the treatment, has made Trump incompetent to govern (more so than usual). We’ve talked about Dex, and I notice it’s known effects on the brain have finally been discussed in the mainstream media. Covid-19 itself also can often seriously damage cognition and temperament. No joke or smear intended.

His public behavior has appeared to enter into bizarre overdrive. The reports that Donald Jr has considered an intervention because he has become increasingly disturbed by his dad’s actions might even be true.
 
Last edited:
Is there really no-one who has the authority to intervene when the president presents a clear and present danger to those around him?

There is a constitutional provision for it. It would be the 25th Amendment, I believe. But that aint gonna happen:

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom