• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

What? What? He's history in a month or two? I thought he's going for a second term? What happened to that assessment?
Simply he is lower in the polls so should lose, but part of me thinks the US might vote him back in again.
 
Because some of the criticism is so stupid because it is now fashionable it deserves feedback.

Oh sure!

angrysoba: "It’s a sharpie isn’t it? For signing orders to leave international treaties or for altering weather forecasts."

cullennz: "Or a note to his missus. A shopping list. A note for a briefing, a list of stuff he needs to remember.

It is just uber hype"

What I wrote actually happened. You may think it is "stupid" but that is because what Trump actually, literally does all day, for years, is absolutely ******* stupid. The criticisms of him are not merely fashionable.

He really did pull of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Maybe you don't give a damn about that, and you feel you MUST protect Trump with risible comments about how Trump might be writing a shopping list, but your "feedback" is asinine*.

(asinine means "extremely stupid or foolish." Your "feedback" is extremely stupid or foolish!)

Trump also actually did alter a weather forecast because he made idiotic remarks about the path of a hurricane, and he is too pig-headed to actually drop the subject, and unbelievably altered the projected movement of the hurricane with his pen! Does it sound so ridiculous that you thought I was making fashionable and stupid criticisms that weren't real?

Well the joke's on you because he actually ******* did that! But no, you had to pretend that maybe he is some studious guy who makes notes for his briefings or writes messages to his wife.

Sorry, but you are the one making the most idiotic statements here.

Trump is a disgusting sack of ****. Your defence of him is pathetic and asinine.
 
Oh sure!



angrysoba: "It’s a sharpie isn’t it? For signing orders to leave international treaties or for altering weather forecasts."



cullennz: "Or a note to his missus. A shopping list. A note for a briefing, a list of stuff he needs to remember.



It is just uber hype"



What I wrote actually happened. You may think it is "stupid" but that is because what Trump actually, literally does all day, for years, is absolutely ******* stupid. The criticisms of him are not merely fashionable.



He really did pull of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. Maybe you don't give a damn about that, and you feel you MUST protect Trump with risible comments about how Trump might be writing a shopping list, but your "feedback" is asinine*.



(asinine means "extremely stupid or foolish." Your "feedback" is extremely stupid or foolish!)



Trump also actually did alter a weather forecast because he made idiotic remarks about the path of a hurricane, and he is too pig-headed to actually drop the subject, and unbelievably altered the projected movement of the hurricane with his pen! Does it sound so ridiculous that you thought I was making fashionable and stupid criticisms that weren't real?



Well the joke's on you because he actually ******* did that! But no, you had to pretend that maybe he is some studious guy who makes notes for his briefings or writes messages to his wife.



Sorry, but you are the one making the most idiotic statements here.



Trump is a disgusting sack of ****. Your defence of him is pathetic and asinine.
I have said this about three times, but one more for luck.

It is not his signature in the photo.

Did you actually bother looking at it.

I am sorry this news bursts your balloon
 
That still puzzles me a bit about Trump. He is the epitome of the cliche of everything white rural southerns hate and fear.

A fast talking lying Yankee con-man billionaire from New York City living in a gold plated castle who was born with a silver spoon who has no traditional family values and never goes to church and disregards his marriage vows to trade up for younger and younger trophy wives and secretly pays off strippers for sex and has gazillions but pays no taxes and curses in front of children and has never worked an honest day in his life and is only concerned with himself.

Trump is the quintessential Republican bogeyman. Yet...here we are.

It is rather funny until you realize that he pushes very important buttons for them:
He may not be a true Christian but he tells them he is. It doesn't matter that he's a serial adulterer and a pathological liar, thus breaking two Commandments over and over, because more importantly, he's anti-abortion and pro-gun. Those two things trump everything else. And I mean absolutely everything else for the Republican, rural, white, Southern voter.
 
I have said this about three times, but one more for luck.

It is not his signature in the photo.

Did you actually bother looking at it.

I am sorry this news bursts your balloon

I didn't say it was his signature, did I? So, your attempt to change your argument fails.
 
I was reading some of Donald Trump's comments about how he's been to school on Covid-19 and realised that I didn't understand some of it.

This bit was bad enough:

"And I get it, and I understand it. And it’s a very interesting thing and I’m going to be letting you know all about it.

but what does:

"In the meantime we love the US and we love what’s happening."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/wor...7ad2da8baf0c02d0e77f94&pinned_post_type=share
even mean :confused:
 
I haven’t shared this before but I have a disease in which dexamethasone is a long established part of the treatment. And as many found when Dex was first discovered, it is a miracle drug! It relieves pain and inflammation amazingly well and fast. If you have arthritis it magically disappears. It is an upper; within just a few hours you feel smarter and believe you are thinking faster than ever. When on it I would make elaborate jokes that I thought were clever but most others didn’t get. You don’t need to sleep.

So what’s wrong? There are awful effects after long term Dex treatment: immune suppression, bone loss, etc. Which are why it is not used for long term treatment of arthritis, although short term treatment for dangerous diseases obviously is justified. When it wears off most people go into a mild depression for a few days.

So Trump probably does feel better. And apparently it does really help in controlling complications of Covid-19. But especially given Trump’s usual grandiose views of his abilities, his doctors should not be permitting him to determine his health care, his release date, or stunts such as his kill off the secret service car ride. I hope his staff was warned!

I’m not saying Dex makes you psychotic - i never did anything truly outrageous. I’m not saying Trump will nuke anyone. But him feeling good now doesn’t mean he is really that much better now; his “actual” covid-19 status is probably more severe than he feels it is. And decisions such as going for a car drive should be argued against as strongly as possible. Signs of a mild depression should be watched for. Especially in a POTUS.
 
Last edited:
I didn't say it was his signature, did I? So, your attempt to change your argument fails.
Whatever.

I am not American and can't vote. Not that I would want to given the choices. So kindly lose the accusations of bias when I don't actually control or care about the outcome of an election in another country.
 
I haven’t shared this before but I have a disease in which dexamethasone is a long established part of the treatment. And as many found when Dex was first discovered, it is a miracle drug! It relieves pain and inflammation amazingly well and fast. If you have arthritis it magically disappears. It is an upper; within just a few hours you feel smarter and believe you are thinking faster than ever. When on it I would make elaborate jokes that I thought were clever but most others didn’t get. You don’t need to sleep.

So what’s wrong? There are awful effects after long term Dex treatment: immune suppression, bone loss, etc. Which are why it is not used for long term treatment of arthritis, although short term treatment for dangerous diseases obviously is justified. When it wears off most people go into a mild depression for a few days.

So Trump probably does feel better. And apparently it does really help in controlling complications of Covid-19. But especially given Trump’s usual grandiose views of his abilities, his doctors should not be permitting him to determine his health care, his release date, or stunts such as his kill off the secret service car ride. I hope his staff was warned!

I’m not saying Dex makes you psychotic - i never did anything truly outrageous. I’m not saying Trump will nuke anyone. But him feeling good now doesn’t mean he is really that much better now. And decisions such as going for a car drive should be argued against as strongly as possible. Signs of a mild depression should be watched for. Especially in a POTUS.
Without checking this sounds like prednezone which I once took for asthma. I felt like ten men for days, and any skin malfunctions disappeared!
This has been pointed out as a suppressant, hopefully for Trump it is part of a cure for all those who are of the cloth.
 
In other news I would suggest that using a broad Sharpie marker to write notes means that one does not intend to incorporate a lot of information per line. And I understand Trump not only writes with a Sharpie but also prefers his briefing notes to be in Sharpie and on a single page.
 
In other news I would suggest that using a broad Sharpie marker to write notes means that one does not intend to incorporate a lot of information per line. And I understand Trump not only writes with a Sharpie but also prefers his briefing notes to be in Sharpie and on a single page.
Would imagine it is just a staged photo op and a bigger pen looks more impressive
 
Without checking this sounds like prednezone which I once took for asthma. I felt like ten men for days, and any skin malfunctions disappeared!
This has been pointed out as a suppressant, hopefully for Trump it is part of a cure for all those who are of the cloth.

You are correct. They are both closely related members of the same class of drugs: glucocorticoids. IIRC prednisone is used for short term treatment of pain and inflammation because it has somewhat fewer side effects. It relieves the inflammatory effects of asthma.
 
Last edited:
I haven’t shared this before but I have a disease in which dexamethasone is a long established part of the treatment. And as many found when Dex was first discovered, it is a miracle drug! It relieves pain and inflammation amazingly well and fast. If you have arthritis it magically disappears. It is an upper; within just a few hours you feel smarter and believe you are thinking faster than ever. When on it I would make elaborate jokes that I thought were clever but most others didn’t get. You don’t need to sleep.

So what’s wrong? There are awful effects after long term Dex treatment: immune suppression, bone loss, etc. Which are why it is not used for long term treatment of arthritis, although short term treatment for dangerous diseases obviously is justified. When it wears off most people go into a mild depression for a few days.

So Trump probably does feel better. And apparently it does really help in controlling complications of Covid-19. But especially given Trump’s usual grandiose views of his abilities, his doctors should not be permitting him to determine his health care, his release date, or stunts such as his kill off the secret service car ride. I hope his staff was warned!

I’m not saying Dex makes you psychotic - i never did anything truly outrageous. I’m not saying Trump will nuke anyone. But him feeling good now doesn’t mean he is really that much better now; his “actual” covid-19 status is probably more severe than he feels it is. And decisions such as going for a car drive should be argued against as strongly as possible. Signs of a mild depression should be watched for. Especially in a POTUS.

Indeed. Wasn't there a guy in Afghanistan who was prescribing brilliant wonder cures for Covid made from herbal medicine combined with prayer. People who went to him felt better almost instantly, got up from their gurneys and were pirouetting their way home and saying, "Yaaah booo! Stupid Western doctors know nothing! They should use put their faith in Allah and his natural herbal goodness!" etc... etc...

Of course, it turned out that the herbal remedies were made of opium and they felt better because they were effectively off their faces on smack.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this is what Trump is going through now.
 
I've had the news on in the background pretty much non-stop since Friday. That has to be easily the dumbest thing I've seen since then. When you consider some of her competition, that's pretty impressive.

Some of the other stuff she's tweeted explicitly blaming Dems & calling it a Chinese assassination attempt is dumber, and more dangerous. I've reported a couple but whether Twitter will do anything remains to be see. Twitter does seem happy to support the right to needlessly shout "Fire" in a crowded theatre.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom