• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

An amazing admission by Trump's doctor that he repeatedly lied to make Trump’s health sound better than it was:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/trump-mark-meadows-chief-of-staff/index.html

)President Donald Trump is furious with chief of staff Mark Meadows after the top West Wing official contradicted the White House physician's assessment Saturday of the President's health, two sources with knowledge of the situation told CNN on Sunday.

The idiot genuinely thinks that if it weren't for Meadows' statements the world would be buying the whole charade without question.
 
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Eric Trump tweets (commenting on the pictures of Trump signing paper)

@EricTrump
If only all elected officials had this work ethic.
@realDonaldTrump is a true warrior. I have admired this unrelenting drive my entire life.

:dl:

These guys are so funny.

I actually had the opposite reaction. I feel sorry for Eric is a weird way. He is so desperate for his father's approval. He's like a cringing, beaten dog who still crawls up to his master on its belly for approval and attention.
 
The above examples were hypothetical, but there was a "be up and out of bed" statement (no one actually said "working and moving around," though).

Dr. Brian Garabaldi said:
He has been up and around. Our plan today is to have him eat and drink, be up out of bed.”


If Trump were completely symptom-free today, what the doctors would actually want him to do is rest as much as possible, to minimize the risk of a relapse. So there's some spin going on there regardless.

I don't doubt that he actually is up and around, at least to some limited extent. A person can be quite ill and still e.g. go to the bathroom on their own, and of course eat and drink. It's not like he just got out of surgery, or is on a ventilator right now.
 
But it is odd that only the systolic number was reported, for a person just reported on CNN to have mild heart disease, both numbers are relevant.

Both numbers are risk factors for heart disease.

If 120 was a lie, what difference does knowing the diastolic make?
 
Indeed, as a taxpayer I paid for those ventilators and I want them used even if they're not needed! Put him on one! And the rest of his family and staff too!
You forgot that maybe other things need to be ventilated besides his lungs!
 
The above examples were hypothetical, but there was a "be up and out of bed" statement (no one actually said "working and moving around," though).




If Trump were completely symptom-free today, what the doctors would actually want him to do is rest as much as possible, to minimize the risk of a relapse. So there's some spin going on there regardless.

I don't doubt that he actually is up and around, at least to some limited extent. A person can be quite ill and still e.g. go to the bathroom on their own, and of course eat and drink. It's not like he just got out of surgery, or is on a ventilator right now.

Rest but still get of bed, doesn’t help your lungs lying down all the time.
 
I actually had the opposite reaction. I feel sorry for Eric is a weird way. He is so desperate for his father's approval. He's like a cringing, beaten dog who still crawls up to his master on its belly for approval and attention.
It's one thing to live in a dysfunctional family, it's another to have it all on public display, as one of the most famous (or infamous) familes in the world. It must be incredibly tough.
 
While I can see the benefit Trump might believe he has with this major hail Mary distraction, the answer is, it is wholly implausible.

It's just like the 911 inside job nonsense, too many people would have to be not just involved, but keeping their mouths shut.

YeahNo.

Maybe Trump is playing sick because he's losing. Like an athlete who mysteriously comes up limping.


Not that I believe that he's faking it. As you said too many people would have to lie.
 
I'm not entirely sure whether I buy the "edited video" part; but allowing that it's true, I frankly don't consider editing a cough out of a video address to be some kind of deception. I do not actually want or need to see Donald Trump expelling a gob of sputum for the sake of "transparency".
 
To give him credit Trump probably signs all the bills they give him in the form of blank pieces of paper. His aides only fill them in later.

I can’t begin to understand 99% of Trumpism but these multiple attempts to present him as a messiah like superhuman amaze me. He became sick so we mortals don’t have to. Only he is so physically strong and dedicated to work even in the face of this illness. I realize part of this is to appeal to fundamentalistt crazies who already support him, although why they don’t see this as blasphemy eludes me. But aren’t they so over the top as to push away any sane voters? But it is central to Putin’s self-sell so perhaps Trump is just mimicking his hero.
 
Last edited:
To give him credit Trump probably signs all the bills they give him in the form of blank pieces of paper. His aides only fill them in later.

I can’t begin to understand 99% of Trumpism but these multiple attempts to present him as a messiah like superhuman amaze me. He became sick so we mortals don’t have to. Only he is so physically strong and dedicated to work even in the face of this illness. I realize part of this is to appeal to fundamentalistt crazies who already support him, although why they dint see this as blasphemy eludes me. But aren’t they so over the top as to push away any sane voters? But it is central to Putin’s self-sell so perhaps Trump is just mimicking his hero.

They deal in extremes. That's why they're called extremists.
 
Haha, that's hilarious. There's no-one on the WH staff smart enough to know that EXIF information on digital images can catch you in a lie and you need to strip it before release.

They should have asked Barron!

As I wrote earlier, it's so stupid that I actually wonder if it's on purpose.
Then again, it is the Trump administration. Don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence and all that.
 
Maybe Trump is playing sick because he's losing. Like an athlete who mysteriously comes up limping.
It's his campaign doing that, with following Biden's halting of negative ads by demanding he also cease campaigning for two weeks, while simultaneously refusing to halt their own negative ads because they claim Biden is a poopy head who hurt their feelings. Not that they have any other kind of ad anyway.
 
Or that he would be going ape **** on Twitter about the coverage he's getting.

Oh just wait until he airs his grievances; every perceived slight will be addressed, believe him. Even should he not recover, Fox and ***** will do it for him, excoriating everyone and anyone not bowing and scraping and rending their garments for their superhero. His sycophants are doing that already.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom