Fast Eddie B
Philosopher
What's kind of sad is that he looks better without the makeup.
You mean, “looks normal”? But I agree, regardless.
What's kind of sad is that he looks better without the makeup.
From the medical update we learn that Trump is also being given Dexamethasone in addition to the Remdesivir and the experimental polyclonal antibodies. That's a lot of high-level intervention for minor symptoms.
The Dex is a steroid that (among other things) suppresses fever, so it makes the "he no longer has a fever" news pretty meaningless.
All the real evidence that isn't meaningless subjective opinions ("he's doing well" "he may return to the White House tomorrow if he's better" etc.) suggest at least a moderately severe case. That evidence also includes the lack of Tweets or live video appearances.
Also, the "he's heroically working for the American people" hyperbole from relatives... sounds more like what they might say about someone they're aware is truly struggling with illness rather than someone continuing to answer a few emails while out sick from the office.
It seems we're allowed to know that he had oxygen and episodes of low O2sats a day or two ago, but not whether he had any today. Charitably, it's justifiable to keep his actual present condition a state secret. (You can't launch an attack yesterday.)
Trump's doctor says he didn't admit yesterday that Trump was put on oxygen because he was trying to be publicly upbeat. "I didn't want to give any information that might steer the illness in another direction."
I so very much want to hear that Trump has been put on a ventilator.
"best" including no face masks? Like hell they did their or anyone else's best. If they were stupid enough that they didn't even understand masks, well...karma.Robert O'Brien on 'Face the Nation' defends the failed White House efforts to prevent the president from being infected with coronavirus
"We did our best"
An amazing admission by Trump's doctor that he repeatedly lied to make Trump’s health sound better than it was:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/trump-mark-meadows-chief-of-staff/index.html
An amazing admission by Trump's doctor that he repeatedly lied to make Trump’s health sound better than it was:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/politics/trump-mark-meadows-chief-of-staff/index.html
" momentary episode of a high fever "
While I can see the benefit Trump might believe he has with this major hail Mary distraction, the answer is, it is wholly implausible.Haven't had time to read the thread, and maybe someone's said this already, but I logged in to post a thought that came to mind: Are we sure Chump's actually got the corona? We know he's not above lying, we know he's a crook, we know falsifying stuff's par course for him, we know he's trailing in the polls, we know he came off the "debate" looking like the loathsome subhuman gibbering creature he is, we know he's desperate to somehow postpone elections, and we know he's given to surrounding himself with people who are without spine and who supinely do his bidding: given all of that, I'm sure he's not above pretending he's got infected, in order to somehow stave off the defeat and the ignominy that's probably staring him in the face.
eta: Or else, even if the polls aren't actually put off, then at least create a narrative that doesn't show him abjectly whipped.
Yeah, ok, sounds CTish, I admit: but given the nature of the literally AMAZING creature we're speaking of here, it sounds ... let's say, not wholly implausible.
If any measurement to do with Trump is 6' 4", it's around his gut.
___________________________
Also this, if it hasn't been posted already: https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/ameri...s-of-experimental-coronavirus-drug-remdesivir
I don't know how common it is for covid patients in hospital to wear masks. I know the people caring for them wear so much protective gear they look like hazmat workers in disaster films, so I don't know if there's a need.
Eric Trump tweets (commenting on the pictures of Trump signing paper)
@EricTrump
If only all elected officials had this work ethic.
@realDonaldTrump is a true warrior. I have admired this unrelenting drive my entire life.

Ivanka Trump tweets
@IvankaTrump
Nothing can stop him from working for the American people.
RELENTLESS!
Dammit. He said that anyone who wants a ventilator gets a ventilator and I want him on a ventilator!
From the link..
Right... That happens all the time...
They assume everyone is as stupid as the President is...
Trumpkin is as trumpkin does
[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_176055f7a025659add.jpg[/qimg]
A serious question, who pays Trump's medical bills? I mean, does the President have insurance as part of his job? Is the US government his insurer? Is that a job perk that he didn't accept, in the same way as his salary was something he didn't accept, so he's self insured?
Trump could certainly be demanding more medicine out of a desire to get well "faster". But I refer to my previous contention that POTUS will be treated more aggressively relative to his symptoms than ordinary patients as a matter of course.
It's a potentially deadly disease. His doctors are aware of that. They're going to do everything possible, and price is no obstacle in his case.