• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

From the medical update we learn that Trump is also being given Dexamethasone in addition to the Remdesivir and the experimental polyclonal antibodies. That's a lot of high-level intervention for minor symptoms.

The Dex is a steroid that (among other things) suppresses fever, so it makes the "he no longer has a fever" news pretty meaningless.

All the real evidence that isn't meaningless subjective opinions ("he's doing well" "he may return to the White House tomorrow if he's better" etc.) suggest at least a moderately severe case. That evidence also includes the lack of Tweets or live video appearances.

Also, the "he's heroically working for the American people" hyperbole from relatives... sounds more like what they might say about someone they're aware is truly struggling with illness rather than someone continuing to answer a few emails while out sick from the office.

It seems we're allowed to know that he had oxygen and episodes of low O2sats a day or two ago, but not whether he had any today. Charitably, it's justifiable to keep his actual present condition a state secret. (You can't launch an attack yesterday.)
 
Biden wears a seat belt! The biggest seat belt you've ever seen!
Obama wears a helmet when biking! He could be 20 yards away from you and he wears a helmet!
Clinton wore a life vest when she was on a boat!
 
Reportage from the NYT, mentioning Trump's 4 minute video from the hospital: "Wearing a blue jacket, cuff links and an American flag pin but no necktie, the president looked much paler than he did during his debate in Cleveland on Tuesday with former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr."

"Looked much paler" = without orange face paint.
I think many people noticed that. I sure did.
 

Attachments

  • New look.jpg
    New look.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 13
I've had the news on in the background pretty much non-stop since Friday. That has to be easily the dumbest thing I've seen since then. When you consider some of her competition, that's pretty impressive.
She apparently has some self-awareness, since the tweet appears to have been deleted.

Not that the rest of the content on her page is much better :p .
 
There's an editorial in a Norwegian paper about Trump getting infected, and several people in the comments thread, with a perfectly straight face, argue that "this means there's no real way of protecting yourself from the virus, and we should just live our lives as normal".

Yeah, oooor we could wear masks when neccessary, observe social distancing rules, work from home if we can, and close down society as needed. You know, all the things Trump demonstrably didn't do.
 
She apparently has some self-awareness, since the tweet appears to have been deleted.

Not that the rest of the content on her page is much better :p .

I imagine it's tough to get anyone who might have a future in the Republican Party to run in Nancy Pelosi's district.

ETA: Her campaign actually appeared to be an effort to sell her book and monetize her YouTube channel and her Podcasts. I hope the FEC looked into her self dealing and how she accounted for campaign funds.
 
Last edited:
Well yes, because he never started to work for the American people!

Well according to Ivanka the American people starts at President Daddy and ends at her, with nobody in between. Not even Donnie al-Assad or Eric count, and as for Barron, he's the son of an illegal immigrant.
 
I hereby take back my wish that our dear President should die from this. I offer him my most sincere and humble apologies. We should never wish anyone die. I am better than this.

However, I would much prefer that he suffer greatly but survive in a debilitated condition, then lose the election, get arrested, tried and convicted of numerous crimes, and spend the rest of his worthless life in a dark and dank 8x12 prison cell. Oh, and go entirely bankrupt as well.

But if he does die of this, don't expect me to send flowers.

You forgot the bit where his family desert him because they realise there's no inheritance coming their way.
 
David Schneider tweeted

@davidschneider
This is becoming more and more like stuff we would reject from The Death Of Stalin for being too preposterous and unbelievable.
 
I think many people noticed that. I sure did.

Yes but surely everyone was intelligent enough to immediately intuit that the reason he is paler has nothing to do with his illness and is just a result of him not wearing his usual makeup.

...right?
 
Last edited:
I hereby take back my wish that our dear President should die from this. I offer him my most sincere and humble apologies. We should never wish anyone die. I am better than this.

HA! Changing yer tune now that it looks like he's gonna pull through, scared little lib?
 
Yes but surely everyone was intelligent enough to immediately intuit that the reason he is paler has nothing to do with his illness and is just a result of him not wearing his usual makeup.

You don't credit as possible that both things contributed to his appearance?
 
I hereby take back my wish that our dear President should die from this. I offer him my most sincere and humble apologies. We should never wish anyone die. I am better than this.

However, I would much prefer that he suffer greatly but survive in a debilitated condition, then lose the election, get arrested, tried and convicted of numerous crimes, and spend the rest of his worthless life in a dark and dank 8x12 prison cell. Oh, and go entirely bankrupt as well.

But if he does die of this, don't expect me to send flowers.

I think it's best for the country that he have a long-term, debilitating illness but is still voted out of office. It is my hope that the illness cripples his campaign further so he continues to fall in the polls. Biden can subtly exploit the illness and he should.

I'm indifferent to Trump's personal well-being. I care as much about his health as he's demonstrated that he cares about mine.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom