• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

It's dumb ***** like these two and the Trump administration's failed pandemic response that need to be held accountable. The irresponsible Rose Garden superspreader event is just one of many reckless examples. These people will never change their minds, and will never admit they are wrong. Like Trump, they need to go.

Kelly Loeffler and Martha McSally are living arguments against allowing governors to appoint senators to fill vacancies. They would never have won first elections on their own, and McSally had actually been defeated just before she was appointed.
 
Last edited:
It's not portable O2, it's a portable O2 concentrator being suggested.

Are they small enough to fit in a jacket pocket, which is what's being suggested? The whole allegation seems weird to me. Even if he was using oxygen, he could surely walk a few steps across the lawn without it, and grab a machine again on the helicopter.
 
I'd feel better if one more Republican Senator got it. That would torpedo the SCOTUS confirmation before the election.
I don't think that's a realistic possibility. Mitch could simply...

1. Change the rules to allow remote voting, using remote votes to pass said change

2. Medivac the sick senators on gurneys into the chamber

They aren't going to miss this opportunity, whatever it takes.
 
ventilator would be pretty much the last thing they would do.
Why?

If he needed it there would be no reason to hold off.

But I say not yet because the disease progression would more likely be slower. If he's going to crash and burn it's going to be in about 5 more days give or take.
 
Have you asked him why he's a Trump supporter?...

He's actually a former trump supporter. He bailed out when he decided, trump was "just talk." Now he doesn't support anyone. Not planning to vote this year.

Edited to add - My ex-trump supporting co-worker thinks trump played politics with the pandemic because trump could care less for the average American. But he always adds, "Why should he?" He's very cynical and alienated.
 
Last edited:
We should never forget that if Trump pulls through, it's only because he had instant access to the best health care in the world. Few people are hospitalized immediately after being diagnosed, and just about nobody has access to unapproved experimental treatments. I hope the Trumpers compare his care with what they would get if they got sick.
 
He's actually a former trump supporter. He bailed out when he decided, trump was "just talk." Now he doesn't support anyone. Not planning to vote this year.

Are you in a state where it matters? (You might not actually be in NY.) If so, I hope you work on him.
 
... and just about nobody has access to unapproved experimental treatments. I hope the Trumpers compare his care with what they would get if they got sick.


I'd bet good money that one of the reactions will be, "He didn't hesitate to test this treatment on himself! He's such a hero!"
 
It's not portable O2, it's a portable O2 concentrator being suggested.


My late wife was a COPD/Asthma patient for years, the last two of them mostly in bed.

In that time I never saw an O2 concentrator small enough to fit in a pocket. Yeah, there were some surprising small ones, but fitting into a carry bag was about the best I ever saw.

(Also, from your link;

The latest models of intermittent flow only products weighed in the range of from 2.8 to 9.9 pounds (1.3 to 4.5 kg) and continuous flow (CF) units were between 10 and 20 pounds (4.5 to 9.0 kg).[5][6])​

On the other hand, compressed O2 could be put into a relatively small container. Not much, but certainly enough to manage a couple of LPM for a walk across the WH lawn to M1. I've never seen such a container, either, but it would be more easily done than an oxy concentrator that small.

Now, I don't really believe that Trump was fitted out with supplemental O2 for that walk, but if he had been, I don't think he had a concentrator in his pocket.
 
People are claiming he wasn't wearing fake tan when he walked out to Marine 1, but have they considered that he might just have been curing himself with bleach?
 
...If he's going to crash and burn it's going to be in about 5 more days give or take.

Very true. How many times have you read, "At first he seemed to be doing very well. We figured he was going to be okay. But then..."
 
It's just irresponsible to start speculating about oxygen in pockets with canulas being hidden behind jackets etc. It's what the nut job Trumper/QAnons do to Biden with their earpieces and fake videos.
 
Something I would add-

If you get coronavirus, you, unlike Trump, will not have the best medical care available for free; you probably won't die, but that just means that you'll have to live with some horrendous (are there any other kind?) medical bills for quite some time to come. And the party that wants to kill ObamaCare certainly isn't the party that will care about that.
This is going to start sinking in soon to those maybe Trumpers.

Marco Rubio tweets

@marcorubio
A significant increase in conspiracy theories & outrageous claims since the President’s diagnosis

Lies spread much faster than fact checking

This is why we need frequent,detailed & transparent updates from
@WhiteHouse

And why we should all be skeptical of outlandish rumors
Me thinks Rubio doth protest too much. :rolleyes: His motives could be many.


trump is said to be "spooked?" No surprise. A co-worker of mine -- a trump supporter, in his 60s with health issues -- has said, repeatedly, "Hey if I catch this thing? I'm dead. I'm dead! Forget about it. I'm dead." We always say, "Hey come on man, don't talk like that," but he doubles down.
I'm not surprised he's spooked. Typical bully.

It's unfortunate he wore a mask. He was really close to and breathing in the direction of Barr.
No worries, so was Kellyanne and she developed symptoms shortly after.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom