• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Apparently some woman called Kelly Anne Conway now has it.

Never heard of her but people are saying it is big on the Web thingey
 
Old timers, gather round.

When Nixon was in rapidly worsening trouble, he developed phlebitis in his leg. It hurt a lot. Really, it did.

At the time, I thought about how a cur dog will fake a limp when he fears whipping.

It did him no good in the end.

I don't think I need to labor the point.

I was expecting a little more riff with that first line.

Old timers, gather round.
Call the police, Nixon's down.
Down 'n out with phlebitis
Just like a cur dog when he fears whippin'
Nixon fans will be a trippin'
It did him no good in the end they said
Sometimes you're better off dead

 
Kellyanne Conway just tweeted that she tested positive for COVID-19.

edited to add: beat by a minute.

She was a senior advisor to the president, known for saying months ago the coronavirus was contained.
 
Last edited:
Apparently some woman called Kelly Anne Conway now has it.

Never heard of her but people are saying it is big on the Web thingey

Not sure if you're being facetious but yes, it's a big thing. She's the one most famous for spouting "alternative facts." Perhaps she'll be willing to accept "alternative treatments"?

That Rose Garden event is going be known as the Garden of Death event.

What really pisses me off is the video shows there are a few kids sitting in the front row next to Melania, and directly in front of Conway. None of them had masks on.
 
Last edited:
Local radio personalities say the election is over. Not that I take their word for it, but I wonder. Biden should revisit the negative-ad situation sooner rather than later. There's no good reason to hold off if Trump has it coming. I suppose it's a fine line. Biden has enough class to call it IMO.
 
In general, what would a hospital have that isn't replicable in a White House suite?

An ICU Trump could be moved to confidentially.

But it sounds like they are going to do the standard care, Remdesivir and dexamethasone, something more easily done with experienced hospital staff than a klutzy WH doctor.
 
Last edited:
What really pisses me off is the video shows there are a few kids sitting in the front row next to Melania, and directly in front of Conway. None of them had masks on.

I wouldn't be too pissed off about it - kids are very, very rarely harmed by the virus.

George Conway should be watching himself - he's more than a touch overweight, too.
 
Local radio personalities say the election is over. Not that I take their word for it, but I wonder. Biden should revisit the negative-ad situation sooner rather than later. There's no good reason to hold off if Trump has it coming. I suppose it's a fine line. Biden has enough class to call it IMO.

How so? Postponed or Biden blowout?
 
Not sure if you're being facetious but yes, it's a big thing. She's the one most famous for spouting "alternative facts." Perhaps she'll be willing to accept "alternative treatments"?

That Rose Garden event is going be known as the Garden of Death event.

What really pisses me off is the video shows there are a few kids sitting in the front row next to Melania, and directly in front of Conway. None of them had masks on.
Genuinely not being facetious. Just had no idea who she was. Never heard of her.

I don't really follow US news, as frankly it is kind of irrelevant normally, apart from what the prez is doing. (Even then it is just an over view glance)

The Web just went a bit crazy over it so thought I should mention.
 
Politically, second worse case, I think spending a few weeks on your deathbed on a ventilator isn’t going to garner a lot of votes. Even a week laid up in the hospital is pretty catastrophic for a guy who’s polling that badly specifically because of his response to a disease he’s critically ill from. A quick recovery and back on the campaign trail is his only hope.

And really a serious case might even change his and the entire GOPs rhetoric about everything.
 
Kellyanne Conway just tweeted that she tested positive for COVID-19.

edited to add: beat by a minute.

She was a senior advisor to the president, known for saying months ago the coronavirus was contained.

The rare bit is, she was basically forced into her announcement because her daughter leaked the information first on TikTok.
 
Politically, second worse case, I think spending a few weeks on your deathbed on a ventilator isn’t going to garner a lot of votes. Even a week laid up in the hospital is pretty catastrophic for a guy who’s polling that badly specifically because of his response to a disease he’s critically ill from. A quick recovery and back on the campaign trail is his only hope.



And really a serious case might even change his and the entire GOPs rhetoric about everything.
Disagree.

Give it enough PR and it is a gift to him for another term.
 
The rare bit is, she was basically forced into her announcement because her daughter leaked the information first on TikTok.

I gather Kelly Anne Conway was around her daughter and wouldn't wear a mask though Kelly Anne had symptoms.

They do not get along.
 
Apparently some woman called Kelly Anne Conway now has it.

Be careful with spoilers - while much of the world is digesting the news from today, in New Zealand it's already tomorrow. You have knowledge the rest of us may wait hours for.

The news cycle has shut down for the night, maybe the for weekend. Pretty good timing for Trump.
 
This move will get Biden good press for a few days. Still, I'm surprised they went with a 14-day window. They should have suspended indefinitely.

Why? You think Trump and his acolytes will shut up? Some shows are rerunning what Trump said about Hillary when she was sidelined by pneumonia for a couple days in 2016. He didn't express sincere concern.
 
Genuinely not being facetious. Just had no idea who she was. Never heard of her.

I don't really follow US news, as frankly it is kind of irrelevant normally, apart from what the prez is doing. (Even then it is just an over view glance)

The Web just went a bit crazy over it so thought I should mention.
Assuming it's not blocked outside of the US:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom