• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Watching the debate tonight?

I mean look at your Hockey mascot. That thing's Lovecraftian.

The whole Gritty thing is just strange. He is embraced almost completely because the rest of the country made fun of him. I saw this summary posted somewhere, and it's totally accurate:

Flyers: *reveal Gritty*
Philadelphians: What the **** is this?
Rest of the US: What the **** is this?
Philadelphians: YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTHS! GRITTY IS A NATIONAL TREASURE!
 
I assume that Mike! Is clarifying an opaque poster and not actually foisting this crap. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

No correction required. :thumbsup::D
During the debate, Biden denied saying it, but he unambiguously said it, therefore he lied during the debate. I don't really care that he said it (and I'm a former US troop) but I know it would be a very awkward and uncomfortable thing to explain or defend in the debate format so he lied and evaded.
It'd have been better if Biden said, "Hell yes I said that, but context matters, Donald.", that would have dead ended it quick and easy. Now it's out there and easily googled as true, context be dammed.

I'm pretty sure it was JoeMorgue who said something like, "The Dems are playing 3D chess, while Trump is on a checkerboard pulling down his pants and crapping on the squares."

Maybe wasn't Joe, and maybe I didn't read it hear, but doesn't matter.

As I think about it, I think about the South Park episode with Mel Gibson.


Yeah that's been my go-to metaphor for a while now.

But to be fair Mike! was responding to me, so I think he gets that.

Yes, I get it.
I have to wonder how saying Trump is playing checkers with the single goal of being "Kinged" passes for praise these days? :boggled:
 
Last edited:
C'mon guys, look on the bright side. Just think of all those trumpsters who now want the schools to open asap so they can sign up for the debate team!
 
The whole Gritty thing is just strange. He is embraced almost completely because the rest of the country made fun of him. I saw this summary posted somewhere, and it's totally accurate:

And now Gritty is embraced & beloved by many outside of Philadelphia.
 
I do remember this documentary I watched about a couple of guys who were up to no good so much that their victim had to move all the way to Bel Air.
 
I feel obligated to pop in here and remind everyone that Trump’s response when asked to denounce white supremacy was “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

That is all.

T.W. Shannon, the Co-chair of Black Voices for Trump is on CNN right now defending Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacists and telling the Proud Boys to "stand back, stand by". Amazing.
 
Is he wrong? :boxedin:

Pope-day in Philadelphia was amazing. Able to ride bikes clear across the city without having to worry about cars that has sparked annual open street days. I even got taped for a TV show about Pizza, so that was kinda cool.

But seriously, the snowball and santa thing is totally overplayed and overdone. We're just tired of hearing about some silly thing (that, in its context, was a pretty understandable event) that happened around 50 years ago. Bringing it up is just taking a lazy shot.
 
In his first comments to camera since the debate Trump says "I don't know who the Proud Boys are." but he doesn't denounce them.
 
Are you referring to a specific incident?

I guess they imagine a secret teleprompter stashed somewhere no one can see.

This shows us how easy it is for Trump to spout an 'alternative fact' and his followers believe it without a second thought. Same with the ear piece, like that would have been useful last night. :rolleyes:
 
Trump Tweets

Thank you Ari!
Quote Tweet

Ari Fleischer
@AriFleischer
I rewatched the start of the debate. The 1st Q went to Trump who gave an uninterrupted 2-min response. Then Biden gave an uninterrupted 2-min response. Then it went back to Trump, whose answer was interrupted 3 times by Biden. If you didn't like it, blame Biden for starting it.
 
Trump Tweets

Thank you Ari!
Quote Tweet

Ari Fleischer
@AriFleischer
I rewatched the start of the debate. The 1st Q went to Trump who gave an uninterrupted 2-min response. Then Biden gave an uninterrupted 2-min response. Then it went back to Trump, whose answer was interrupted 3 times by Biden. If you didn't like it, blame Biden for starting it.

Waaaaah, Waaaaaah! It's not my fault! He started it! Waaaaaaa!!!!!
 
Trump Tweets

Try getting a new Anchor and a smarter Democrat candidate!
Quote Tweet

The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: The Commission on Presidential Debates says it will add new “tools to maintain order” to the upcoming debates after a chaotic first contest between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden. #Debates2020 http://apne.ws/Rl18W25
 
Trump Tweets

Try getting a new Anchor and a smarter Democrat candidate!
Quote Tweet

The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: The Commission on Presidential Debates says it will add new “tools to maintain order” to the upcoming debates after a chaotic first contest between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden. #Debates2020 http://apne.ws/Rl18W25

S/He's called a "Moderator" , Idiot-in-Chief.
 
Trump Tweets

Thank you Ari!
Quote Tweet

Ari Fleischer
@AriFleischer
I rewatched the start of the debate. The 1st Q went to Trump who gave an uninterrupted 2-min response. Then Biden gave an uninterrupted 2-min response. Then it went back to Trump, whose answer was interrupted 3 times by Biden. If you didn't like it, blame Biden for starting it.

Wait, wasn't the rule that you could interrupt after the first four minutes? And that trump would interrupt during the 4 minutes that were supposed to be for no interruptions?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom