• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to admit, despite much of his utterances being ignorant rambling and hissy fits, I do find something appealing about how casual he is. It doesn't fit the role of POTUS, I don't know if I would vote for a candidate who spoke like that, but I do have to admit I see the appeal. I see the role he's trying to play, and I catch myself sometimes actually enjoying that he talks the way he does.


You believe he is role playing?

I don't. I don't think he is even capable of that. He is being himself. Showing us exactly what kind of person he is.
 
Leave it to the Big Orange Turd to turn a celebration of our country's birth into an effing re-election rally !

The icing on that cake is that the White House deemed that event to be an official event (as opposed to a political rally) with the result that the US Government was billed the expenses. IOW, you and I paid for that cluster bump.
 
Regarding post-presidential Trump, if he is indicted the powers-that-be better keep it a closely secret right up until any indictment is served. I would consider him a high probability flight risk so he should spend the time it takes to come to trial in the Big House or else he'll flee to some country with no extradition treaty with the USA (Russia? Saudi Arabia?).
 
Regarding post-presidential Trump, if he is indicted the powers-that-be better keep it a closely secret right up until any indictment is served. I would consider him a high probability flight risk so he should spend the time it takes to come to trial in the Big House or else he'll flee to some country with no extradition treaty with the USA (Russia? Saudi Arabia?).

Why do you think theyor anyone else would take him?

They aren't his friends. He has no friends. He doesn't even want them. He wants flunkies and has brutal autocrats he admires. Neither are likely to want him around once there is no longer anything they can get from him.
 
To be fair, a lot of men call their wives mother if they have kids. My dad called my mom Mother on occasion.

My pops used to do that, but only because when we were good we were his. When we were bad he would say something to the efffect of "Oh, mother, YOUR kids are acting out of turn". Easy way to pass off the day to day discipline...until the switch came out. After that it was all "father".
 
Last edited:
Trump Retweeted

Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_
According to the PC Coronavirus Police, protesting America is safe, but celebrating America is unsafe #HappyFourthOfJuly

Yeah dip ___ it's called face mask use and evidence the protesters so far haven't spread much.
 
Trump Retweeted

BDW
@BryanDeanWright
As patriotic Americans celebrate the nation today, remember what we are up against:
A fascist Democratic Party that wants us to hate ourselves, hate each other, and — most of all — hate America.
This is our fight.

The NY Times spent three years pushing Russian disinformation targeted against a duly elected American president that set the nation utterly afire.
I’m not interested in one damn word from this rag about anything, let alone darkness and division.
Enemy of the Republic.

Mollie
@MZHemingway
Republicans ought to be extremely happy with how much that speech has left the entire media complex apoplectic with rage and resorting to 100% lying about it. An unquestionable sign of its quality and success if they are all-hands-on-deck lying about it.
Partly projection but this really is from the Karl Rove Playbook: accuse the accuser of the same thing, make it drown out what they are accusing you of.
 
Trump Retweeted

Andy McCarthy
@AndrewCMcCarthy
The Flagrant Distortions and Subtle Lies of the ‘1619 Project’ - timely revival of @RichLowry setting straight the American record on slavery ...


The Flagrant Distortions and Subtle Lies of the ‘1619 Project’
Nikole Hannah-Jones isn’t remotely honest in her lead 1619 essay.
nationalreview.com
Wiki: 1619 Project

I had to look it up. In case anyone else wants a quick link to what it is.
 
Last edited:
Regarding post-presidential Trump, if he is indicted the powers-that-be better keep it a closely secret right up until any indictment is served. I would consider him a high probability flight risk so he should spend the time it takes to come to trial in the Big House or else he'll flee to some country with no extradition treaty with the USA (Russia? Saudi Arabia?).
Israel? The Kushners are very keen on settlements, so they can all go and live on one, under Bibi's protection. A far more attractive prospect than living in Russia or Saudi Arabia under the protection of Putin or the Sauds.
 
Why do you think theyor anyone else would take him?

They aren't his friends. He has no friends. He doesn't even want them. He wants flunkies and has brutal autocrats he admires. Neither are likely to want him around once there is no longer anything they can get from him.



I would love to see him flee to Russia expecting Daddy Vladdy to protect him, only to be arrested and extradited as soon as he walks off the plane.
 
Trump Tweets

Cases, Cases, Cases! If we didn’t test so much and so successfully, we would have very few cases. If you test 40,000,000 people, you are going to have many cases that, without the testing (like other countries), would not show up every night on the Fake Evening News.....

....In a certain way, our tremendous Testing success gives the Fake News Media all they want, CASES. In the meantime, Deaths and the all important Mortality Rate goes down. You don’t hear about that from the Fake News, and you never will. Anybody need any Ventilators???

So Trump thinks that if we didn't test, all those people who test positive won't actually have the virus or be spreading it?

He reminds me of those people who refuse to go to the doctor because, as long as they don't get an official diagnosis, they aren't really sick. That vomiting of blood or incredible pain in their gut will, like C19, miraculously just disappear.

The mortality rate has gone down because the majority of people getting C19 now are under 40. But hospitals in hot spots like TX are at or near capacity due to new C19 cases.

From the CDC:
This week, four national forecasts suggest an increase in the number of new COVID-19 hospitalizations per day over the next four weeks, while three other forecasts predict stable numbers or slight declines. On July 25, the forecasts estimate 1,000 to 15,000 new hospitalizations per day.
 
To be fair, a lot of men call their wives mother if they have kids. My dad called my mom Mother on occasion.
To be fair it's creepy as hell.
When talking to my kids about their mother, she's referred to as 'your mum/mom/mother'
Calling her mother myself would be messed up.
I have noticed some females refer to their partners as 'daddy', equally messed up.
 
So Trump thinks that if we didn't test, all those people who test positive won't actually have the virus or be spreading it?



He's trying to say that we actually have less cases than other countries, because we're (he's) amazing, but all of the other countries are actually doing little to no testing in order to make us (him) look bad.
 
On the mom/mother thing: In my experience, it's common when speaking to very young children, and phases out over time as the kids realize other kids have mothers, too.

5-year-old: "Daddy, may I have ice cream?"
Father: "That's Mommy's decision."

15-year-old: "Dad, may I go hang with a friend?"
Father: "Your mother grounded you, didn't she?"

In the first case, "Mommy" is used as a proper noun, mostly because "Mommy" is the mother's name from the child's point of view.

That said, I've observed the custom of parents referring to each other as "Mother" and "Father" when speaking of each other to their adult children. I think it may be a regional thing.
 
To be fair, a lot of men call their wives mother if they have kids. My dad called my mom Mother on occasion.

To be fair it's creepy as hell.
When talking to my kids about their mother, she's referred to as 'your mum/mom/mother'
Calling her mother myself would be messed up.
I have noticed some females refer to their partners as 'daddy', equally messed up.

Abraham Lincoln referred to Mary as "Mother" or ""Molly".

But I too find it a bit weird. My father called my mother by her name. But hey, lots of people have pet names for their partners. I certainly am not going to criticize someone over that.
 
On the mom/mother thing: In my experience, it's common when speaking to very young children, and phases out over time as the kids realize other kids have mothers, too.

5-year-old: "Daddy, may I have ice cream?"
Father: "That's Mommy's decision."

15-year-old: "Dad, may I go hang with a friend?"
Father: "Your mother grounded you, didn't she?"

In the first case, "Mommy" is used as a proper noun, mostly because "Mommy" is the mother's name from the child's point of view.

That said, I've observed the custom of parents referring to each other as "Mother" and "Father" when speaking of each other to their adult children. I think it may be a regional thing.
The buck teeth, dodgy chin, hunchback "my mum is also my sister" shenanigans doesn't help either.
Abraham Lincoln referred to Mary as "Mother" or ""Molly".

But I too find it a bit weird. My father called my mother by her name. But hey, lots of people have pet names for their partners. I certainly am not going to criticize someone over that.
I will,
'mmm does that feel nice mother?' are words that should never appear in a single sentence.

Creepy as hell.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

Wow.
@CNN
got caught cold manipulating the words and meaning of my 4th of July Speech. They were brazen, desperate. Watch what happens!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom