• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably a poll amongst Trump supporters. Those are the only opinions he cares about, and no one in his employ will dare tell him that only listening to sycophants is a bad idea.

I don't believe it's even that.

He cites 96% approval among Republicans regularly. I've never seen any poll giving him that.

Until I can find a citation, I assume the numbers were made up out of whole cloth.
 
CNN analysis savaged Trump's Rushmore speech. I avoid CNN analysis, got too burned out on the "this is the last straw" aspect. But I read this one and he didn't miss any chance for "dog whistles" that everyone can hear. Which makes them not dog whistles, I guess. Openly going for hysteria to "take our country back." I have to hope it will backfire because the alternative is pretty depressing.
 
How many people turned up for his Mt. Rushmore rally? I can't seem to find anything about that in the newspapers I usually read. Was it a dud like Tulsa, or did he manage to get a crowd this time?
 
How many people turned up for his Mt. Rushmore rally? I can't seem to find anything about that in the newspapers I usually read. Was it a dud like Tulsa, or did he manage to get a crowd this time?

They were expecting 7500. From the pictures I saw I can believe they had that many. It was like an amphitheater.
 
Here is how Trump responded to two right-wing flunkies who asked what his goals were for his second term.

You'll end up on the floor either laughing or crying ... or both.

In my opinion trump can't give an honest answer because even his supporters, "Can't handle the truth." He wants a second term because he wants to continue as U. S. president for four more years. That's basically it. He loves it, being Number One, all the attention, the air time. He was lucky enough to get voted in -- by the electoral college -- at a time when the economy was booming. The last four months the ride got a little bumpy but so what? Because when you could care less about anyone but yourself, bad things that happen to other people are no problem.
 
In my opinion trump can't give an honest answer because even his supporters, "Can't handle the truth." He wants a second term because he wants to continue as U. S. president for four more years. That's basically it. He loves it, being Number One, all the attention, the air time. He was lucky enough to get voted in -- by the electoral college -- at a time when the economy was booming. The last four months the ride got a little bumpy but so what? Because when you could care less about anyone but yourself, bad things that happen to other people are no problem.
He seems to want to be some kind of figurehead, like a king in a constitutional monarchy, what with the low amount of actual... presidenting he does, and how he seems to be so detached from the rest of the government, preferring to rule through Twitter. I think he actually would have reveled in the role of "first lady", whatever the title for that position is going to be when a woman wins the election. No responsibility, lots of attention, and a chance to be influential when he wants to be (or wants to pretend to be).

POTUS, though? I think he just finds it at the same time overwhelming and difficult, and dreadfully boring.
 
Trump Tweets

Trump Retweeted

underdog13
@heretosaveday07
The New York Times endangered U.S. troops by reporting that Russia was offering bounties.What will be the price they pay for this ??????
Rep. Banks: NY Times Endangered Troops With Russia Report
newsmax.com
 
Yes. But if one’s view of science falls somewhere between distrust and contempt, then of course President Trump will come out on top.

Science tells us that burning coal will create problems with the health of Americans; that global climate change will changes America’s agriculture, shoreline, weather, and biomes; that President Trump’s incompetence, ignorance, and pride dramatically raised the death toll; that a vaccine may not be available for a year or more; that UV-C ultraviolet Light kills viruses but also harms human cells so trying to expose human organs to UV light will not “clean the virus from the body”; that the best way to reduce America’s Corona virus statistics is not to simply reduce the number of tests.

In short, science tells us that President Trump is wrong.

Of course, the true believers will trust Trump over a [insert a snort of derision here] medical doctor.

This is all true. But I thought (obviously mistaken) that if their lives or their loved one's lives were on the line they would defer to science.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom