• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that the Trumps will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice, tax evasion and who knows what else after Dear Leader leaves office, one way or another? Discuss.
 
I have the exact opposite reaction. I can't stand listening to him talk like an 8 year old. The way he immediately repeats the same group of words or sentence as if we didn't get it the first time and the basic vocabulary as if he never learned any new words after grade 6.

That's kinda unfair to 8-year-olds. Most 8-year-olds like to learn new stuff.
 
I have the exact opposite reaction. I can't stand listening to him talk like an 8 year old. The way he immediately repeats the same group of words or sentence as if we didn't get it the first time and the basic vocabulary as if he never learned any new words after grade 6.

8 year olds would be in grade 3. Most children by grade three are more intelligent than Trump, have a larger vocabulary than Trump, can speak coherently unlike Trump, and have some sense of morality unlike Trump. Trump, like Hitler, Stalin, Mao and the Kims, is a sociopathic and psychopathic self-centered ******* who is willing to murder millions to gain and maintain power.
 
What are the odds that the Trumps will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice, tax evasion and who knows what else after Dear Leader leaves office, one way or another? Discuss.
Good question. There is a chance that the Democrats will wimp out and not charge Trump, and say "We need to heal the nation" (like when Nixon left office and got pardoned). I hope they don't though.

One of the things I am curious about is if they do bring charges against Trump, will they try bringing charges against him that wall outside the statute of limitations. After all, the rule that you "Can't indict a sitting president" was never explicitly in the constitution and has never been tested in the courts... it was an interpretation by government lawyers. If Trump is charged with older crimes, it might finally settle the issue. (i.e. if the prosecutors say "we couldn't have charged him when president so statute of limitations don't apply", the courts might come back and say "Yes you could have.")

I am also curious about whether he will try to pardon himself before he leaves office.
 
I would accept any answer that gets from "no other gods" to "don't covet" with the waystations in the middle correct on an idea level, in any order. I wouldn't be surprised if he got less than half right.

My fundie friend's answer included "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

It took months before he came to terms with the fact that it was actually from the New Testament. Sermon on the Mount.

And that one is not helpful anyway. Emo Phillips points that out with a routine where he talks about finding a wallet. He'd return it, but he likes learning, so if he needs to treat the other guy like himself, he should keep it, he'd appreciate the lesson.
 
Good question. There is a chance that the Democrats will wimp out and not charge Trump, and say "We need to heal the nation" (like when Nixon left office and got pardoned). I hope they don't though.

One of the things I am curious about is if they do bring charges against Trump, will they try bringing charges against him that wall outside the statute of limitations. After all, the rule that you "Can't indict a sitting president" was never explicitly in the constitution and has never been tested in the courts... it was an interpretation by government lawyers. If Trump is charged with older crimes, it might finally settle the issue. (i.e. if the prosecutors say "we couldn't have charged him when president so statute of limitations don't apply", the courts might come back and say "Yes you could have.")

I am also curious about whether he will try to pardon himself before he leaves office.

I feel like the incoming administration pardons and nonpursuit of felonies is less about healing the nation and more about not giving the outgoing administration a motive to seize power. We don't need another Rubicon dilemma.
 
I feel like the incoming administration pardons and nonpursuit of felonies is less about healing the nation and more about not giving the outgoing administration a motive to seize power. We don't need another Rubicon dilemma.
That's assuming they wouldn't try to seize power anyways.

And how would that work? The incoming administration couldn't issue pardons until they were actually in office, by which time Trump would no longer be able to seize power. I suppose Biden could pinky-swear not to press charges.

One of the key factors in whether the Democrats pursue charges is whether Trump tries to push Obamagate during the election. I recognize that there is no real crime, but Barr may try bringing charges against some former Obama administration officials anyways as an election ploy. If he does that, Democrats will respond in kind.
 
Just to poke at this a little...

-People who believe that ensuring that a perversion of the 2nd A. must be the nation’s highest priority

Addition mine, of course. It's been increasingly irking me when what the "2nd Amendment supporters" push is implicitly agreed upon as what the 2nd Amendment actually is, was, or was for. It's not, even if there are some similarities and complications due to changing times. By just letting their framing stand, that gets swept out of sight to their distinct advantage.
 
Trump Tweets

Actually, a must read. Really good!
Quote Tweet

Nick Adams
@NickAdamsinUSA
THANK YOU, Mr. President for your support.
You are the greatest President of my lifetime, and writing this book was truly the greatest honor of my life.
The transition back to greatness is ahead of schedule!

QUote Tweet
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Congratulations to author Nick Adams on the @simonschuster publication of your new book, “Trump and Churchill, Defenders of Western Civilization”.
Certainly a great honor to be compared, in any way, to Winston Churchill. @NickAdamsinUSA

Poor, poor Winnie.
 
At first, I thought breaking that 40% down would be less scary:

....
-People who simply don’t watch the Fox news.
.....

I remember a study done before Trump (I think) that showed people who watched Fox were LESS well informed than people who didn't watch the news at all. The reason was that so many were wrongly informed that it was better to just be ignorant.
 
I am also curious about whether he will try to pardon himself before he leaves office.

I put the probability at over 90%. Then, when any federal charges are filed, we'll get to see how the two new justices handle the case.

My hope lies with New York state. Trump cannot pardon himself from state crimes and since his tax filings are in New York, I have no doubt there is plenty of illegal stuff in those filings.
 
Here is how Trump responded to two right-wing flunkies who asked what his goals were for his second term.

You'll end up on the floor either laughing or crying ... or both.
 
Good question. There is a chance that the Democrats will wimp out and not charge Trump, and say "We need to heal the nation" (like when Nixon left office and got pardoned). I hope they don't though.

One of the things I am curious about is if they do bring charges against Trump, will they try bringing charges against him that wall outside the statute of limitations. After all, the rule that you "Can't indict a sitting president" was never explicitly in the constitution and has never been tested in the courts... it was an interpretation by government lawyers. If Trump is charged with older crimes, it might finally settle the issue. (i.e. if the prosecutors say "we couldn't have charged him when president so statute of limitations don't apply", the courts might come back and say "Yes you could have.")

I am also curious about whether he will try to pardon himself before he leaves office.

Didn't Mueller file a sealed indictment? I thought one of the reasons for that was to get around possible statute of limitations. Haven't heard about that for a while.

Just to poke at this a little...

Addition mine, of course. It's been increasingly irking me when what the "2nd Amendment supporters" push is implicitly agreed upon as what the 2nd Amendment actually is, was, or was for. It's not, even if there are some similarities and complications due to changing times. By just letting their framing stand, that gets swept out of sight to their distinct advantage.

It's even worse for the 1st amendment. Most people just remember "freedom of speech" when Facebook takes down their post. READ THE AMENDMENT.
 
8 year olds would be in grade 3. Most children by grade three are more intelligent than Trump, have a larger vocabulary than Trump, can speak coherently unlike Trump, and have some sense of morality unlike Trump. Trump, like Hitler, Stalin, Mao and the Kims, is a sociopathic and psychopathic self-centered ******* who is willing to murder millions to gain and maintain power.

I have a 9 yo. He doesn't talk anything like Trump. He us far more coherent.
 
NBC reporiting a new Whtie House strategy for Covid 19:

"We have to live with it"

Total surrender. THis will kill hundred of thousands of Americans.

Trump is making America into one huge Jonestown, with Donnie handing out the kool aid
 
Here is how Trump responded to two right-wing flunkies who asked what his goals were for his second term.

You'll end up on the floor either laughing or crying ... or both.

"We got hit with the plague. At the end of the second term, it's going to be at a level that nobody will have ever seen a country."

But mr. President, we don't want it at a level nobody's seen before, we want it to be gone!
 
It's been said - and I'm not sure how to confirm this - but it's been said that up to half the population has below average intelligence.

As I am (too?) fond of saying, about 1/2 of all Americans are below average intelligence.

Beat to the punch, ninja'ed, etc., by blutoski
I have an above average IQ,
yet i'm a failure at everything except IQ tests.
I don't think it counts for much to be honest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom