• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could anyone be stupid enough to vote for this person? Most of the people I encounter on a daily basis appear to have enough intelligence to go about public escorted. Anyone with the intelligence to operate a car or door knob should be smart enough to know this idiot should not be president. Though I'm encouraged by the polling numbers I'm worried that his 40 percent approval rating indicates that 40 percent of the population as a severe intellectual deficit.


At first, I thought breaking that 40% down would be less scary:

-People who believe stopping abortion must be the nation’s highest priority.
-People who believe that ensuring the 2nd A. must be the nation’s highest priority
-People who have no idea how American civics works and don’t understand how checks and balances work, don’t understand that AOC and Pelosi do not have the power to “go back to their districts and fix them,” and don’t understand why Trump can’t pull money from anything he wants to spend it on his wall.
-People who simply don’t watch the news.
-People who don’t want to admit that they were wrong.
-People who don’t want to admit that they were conned.
-People who know just enough politics to know that it is hard so they pick a party and pretend that everything that that party does is the right thing.
-People who hate anyone who corrects other people’s grammar, diction, and spelling.
-A two-party system that allows Iowa, New Hampshire, and 6-8 other states to decide who gets to run for President and therefore makes people choose between Trump and Biden.
-A national media and national zeitgeist that put candidates under such scrutiny that many competent people refuse to run for president.
-People who hate what D.C. has become and simply want to say “**** you, federal politics.”
-Etc.
-Etc.

Then I realized that it doesn’t make things less scary.
 
I live in a red state. We get mail in ballots. I think he's lost that battle.

Methinks the battle is to contest the election. So, states with mail in ballots are in his followers' minds, "illegitimate."

The battle isn't lost - he's setting up the pieces for that future two-part election battle.

Part 1: dog whistle calls to followers to 'independently' interfere with the mail in ballots (loyal postal workers!)

Part 2: if the event Par 1 fails, and the state is lost, go directly to the courts, citing interference in the mail in ballots. With luck, we'll have a 2000 hanging chads scenario where the Supreme Court gets to decide who "really" won.
 
How could anyone be stupid enough to vote for this person? Most of the people I encounter on a daily basis appear to have enough intelligence to go about public escorted. Anyone with the intelligence to operate a car or door knob should be smart enough to know this idiot should not be president. Though I'm encouraged by the polling numbers I'm worried that his 40 percent approval rating indicates that 40 percent of the population as a severe intellectual deficit.

It's been said - and I'm not sure how to confirm this - but it's been said that up to half the population has below average intelligence.
 
Though I'm encouraged by the polling numbers I'm worried that his 40 percent approval rating indicates that 40 percent of the population as a severe intellectual deficit.
As I am (too?) fond of saying, about 1/2 of all Americans are below average intelligence.

Beat to the punch, ninja'ed, etc., by blutoski
 
Last edited:
The Lakota are going to have a protest during the Rushmore event.
Looking forward to the Trumper who is going to shout: "If you don't support Dear Leader, go back to where you came from".
 
There should be no confusion. Global TV is a legitimate Canadian TV channel. Their news service is quite legitimate and reliable. It is my first choice for daily TV news.

Yes, Global News(dot)ca is related to the global television network. Its our second largest private broadcaster and has a pretty good reputation.

Its not the only news source which has covered the story. We also have:
Newsweek
Forbes

Yep. Initially, I figured globalresearch had simply bought another domain name. So I checked it out expecting to get mirrored or redirected or some such shenanigans. I was pleasantly surprised to find an apparent bona fide news site.The worst they can come up with is perhaps an op-ed with which I might disagree, but that is no biggie.

Globalresearch(dot)ca is an entirely different deal. That site is flat out nutty.

One must wonder if the nutty site intentionally chose the domain to create that ambiguity. It would not surprise me one bit.
 
Trump's Mount Rushmore fireworks show is a Fourth of July attack on Indigenous people


On Friday, President Donald Trump will continue his tour of racism and colonialism, moving from Tulsa, Oklahoma, to the sacred Black Hills. Make no mistake, this visit is an attack on Indigenous people.

I visit the Black Hills alongside many other Lakotas every year as part of a tradition we have maintained for thousands of years. Stretching from what is now known as South Dakota into Wyoming, they are a sacred place that I take my family and my children to, like the Vatican for Catholics or Mecca for Muslims. The hills are where I feel most connected to Creator.

The Black Hills are also the site of death, violence and war. They are home to Mount Rushmore — a monument to white colonizers carved by a Ku Klux Klan sympathizer into land stolen from us by the U.S. government in 1877. Two of the men carved into that mountain are slave owners, and one approved the mass hangings of 38 Dakota men in the largest mass execution in the history of the United States.

Please take a few minutes to read the article.
 
Consider his audience.
I do have to admit, despite much of his utterances being ignorant rambling and hissy fits, I do find something appealing about how casual he is. It doesn't fit the role of POTUS, I don't know if I would vote for a candidate who spoke like that, but I do have to admit I see the appeal. I see the role he's trying to play, and I catch myself sometimes actually enjoying that he talks the way he does.
 
Trump Tweets
Dr. Taylor Marshall, author. “There Is A War On Christianity”. @OANN

This is odd. Marshall is fundie RCC. At some point, the evangelicals wingnuts will notice that Trump is promoting fundie RCC. What then? Dunno. Maybe they will gloss over it as so many other things.

The funny thing is that Trump thinks that christianity is a monolith. He does not know anything about the often violent subdivisions of the crank religion
 
I do have to admit, despite much of his utterances being ignorant rambling and hissy fits, I do find something appealing about how casual he is. It doesn't fit the role of POTUS, I don't know if I would vote for a candidate who spoke like that, but I do have to admit I see the appeal. I see the role he's trying to play, and I catch myself sometimes actually enjoying that he talks the way he does.

I have the exact opposite reaction. I can't stand listening to him talk like an 8 year old. The way he immediately repeats the same group of words or sentence as if we didn't get it the first time and the basic vocabulary as if he never learned any new words after grade 6.
 
Yes.
In the midst of a national reckoning on race, the hypocrisy of Mount Rushmore must be interrogated and denounced. The so-called Shrine of Democracy is carved into stolen land that even our Constitution holds to be illegally occupied.

Trump's visit is a deliberate attack on Indigenous people, just as his visit to the site of the Black Wall Street massacre the day after Juneteenth was an attack on Black people. If you truly care about fighting our country's racist history, now is not a day to be silent.



And read more about it if you can.

PBS: Native Americans and Mount Rushmore
In the Treaty of 1868, the U.S. government promised the Sioux territory that included the Black Hills in perpetuity. Perpetuity lasted only until gold was found in the mountains and prospectors migrated there in the 1870s. The federal government then forced the Sioux to relinquish the Black Hills portion of their reservation.

These events fit the pattern of the late 19th century, a time of nearly constant conflict between the American government and Plains Indians. At his second presidential inauguration in 1873, Ulysses S. Grant reflected the attitudes of many whites when he said he favored a humane course to bring Native Americans "under the benign influences of education and civilization. It is either this or war of extermination." Many of the land's original occupants did not choose to assimilate; for them war, was the only option.


Reads like a page turner: Wiki: Black Hills Land Claim
1979
The United States Court of Claims on June 13, 1979, in a 5-2 majority, decided that the 1877 Act that seized the Black Hills from the Sioux was a violation of the Fifth Amendment.[41]

On July 31, 1979 the Sioux were awarded $17.5 million with 5 percent interest totaling $105 million. However, the victory was short lived. The Indians residing in the Black Hills feared the notion that if they accept the award their land would be officially sold. This led many Sioux to believe that they would lose their land, culture and identity.[42]

Furthermore, the two lawyers continued to work with the government to provide the tribe with just compensation for violating the 1868 Fort Laramie Treaty. In September 1979, Sonosky and Lazarus offered the tribe $44 million as a settlement for the violation in 1868, but were met with hostility.[43]

On October 17, 1979 Solicitor General Wade McCree of the Justice Department sent an appeal to the United States Supreme Court over the initial ruling by the Court of Claims and on November 21, 1979 the Supreme Court set a date to review the claim and on December 10, the appeal was granted.[44]


Why is Trump going there? I have no doubt he imagines his face up there.
 
Last edited:
I have the exact opposite reaction. I can't stand listening to him talk like an 8 year old. The way he immediately repeats the same group of words or sentence as if we didn't get it the first time and the basic vocabulary as if he never learned any new words after grade 6.

True. It's probably because I can't stand to listen to him for more than a few seconds at a time in the first place that makes me sometimes forget what listening to him for more than that must be like :D .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom