The problem with that is that where I live every week of shutdown is a billion dollars in gdp lost. Probably more.
It also has had the effect of shutting down a lot of hospital work that is normally done to keep people healthy. Nurses and doctors are on furlough.
But in better news, the parents and teachers decided to open the school next week. We can because we are private. This is a big boon to the school, at very low risk given what we know about our own close knit community and how the virus has already affected us directly. And we are aware. Newsom can F off. He has no power here.
Thank you for recognizing that your own medical judgement is far superior to that of the virology, epidemiology, and public health experts. What do those pinheads know compared to your own common sense and good old American values?
Sorry, I am not in a good mood to indulge this today. I post this having learned of the Covid-19 death of yet another friend’s parent in an assisted living facility. This time 6 out of 8 of the residents in one facility died within a few weeks of one another. Their mother died 2 days of diagnosis. The virus was brought in by an asymptomatic staff member. The staff all thought they were clean and healthy probably like the members of your community; although requested no PCR screening of care facility staff members is available in their state due to insufficient testing capacity( true of most states). The staff are devastated.
Also I personally am toast if I am infected so I am not that thrilled with others who think they should be making these kinds of decisions on their own contrary to medical science and to the best efforts of the government.
I do wish you and particularly your most vulnerable loved ones good luck. Honestly.
Last edited: