• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone replaced The PDJT's Diet Coke with Jolt this morning. ("All the sugar and twice the caffeine!")

<snip>


Sometimes, this latest flurry being a prime example, I find it difficult to credit that Trump with his renowned reading skills could possibly have managed to read all those twits he re-twitted in the short amount of time available.

Perhaps he doesn't actually read them, but merely re-twits them by reflex. Past events would certainly support such a hypothesis.

But it makes me wonder if there is not a staff involved, making up a list for him, or doing the re-twitting in his place.

This suggests that he might have a team in place created for the express purpose of filtering and selecting increasingly stupid things to be re-twitted under his name.

I don't know why it wouldn't surprise me.
 
Trump Tweets

But I love Diamond & Silk, and so do millions of people!
Quote Tweet

Diamond and Silk®
@DiamondandSilk
Haters keep saying they hate Diamond and Silk, but you can't hate what you ain't never loved!

How in the world does that make any sense whatsoever?


Once you got as far as "Diamond and Silk" there was really no need to question why it didn't make any sense.
 
Trump has just claimed that he has seen evidence that gives him a high degree of confidence that COVID19 originated from a lab in Wuhan, China.

Does he read Lord Sugar's twitter?
 
Trump Retweeted

Steven Dennis
@StevenTDennis
Trump gets bump in latest Gallup Poll:
49% approval (+6, tied for his best)
47% disapproval (-7)

The one bright spot I can find in this whole mess is the enjoyment I get from Trump bragging when his crappy approval rating becomes slightly less crappy.

Gotta love it- in a time of crisis, when American presidents can count, almost as a matter of course, on a spike in ratings giving them a majority approval, the best Trump can crow about it is a "tied for his best" spike of 6 points which...still only gives him under 50% approval, and just a little more than the % who disapprove. That gives "count your blessings" a whole new, almost literal, meaning- they're just about that small.

Just to pursue this a little further (my wife wanted to go get some Mexican carry-out, so I had to stop where I was)...

This is a link to "Presidential Approval Ratings -- Gallup Historical Statistics and Trends." The interesting thing, to me, is a little better than halfway down, where we see that Jimmy Carter got a bump up to almost 60% approval in the immediate aftermath of the Iran Hostage Crisis; and his averaged approval rating for his one term was 45.5%.

And here is Trump's trend. He has yet to crack 50%; and (as already noted), his "spike" during a crisis when you'd historically expect a good one was all the way up to an anemic 49%.

So, he should be proud- he's on track to outdo even Carter as "worst President ever"; his approval may not ever get as low as Carter's 28% (June 1979), since he can always count on that +/- 45% who will applaud him even as he shoots someone on 5th Ave, but to never crack 50%, even with a post-impeachment bump, and one you'd expect from the Covid crisis? That's...pretty lame.
 
Trump Tweets

But I love Diamond & Silk, and so do millions of people!
Quote Tweet

Diamond and Silk®
@DiamondandSilk
Haters keep saying they hate Diamond and Silk, but you can't hate what you ain't never loved!

That is so not true. I've certainly never loved Donald Trump. However, I find it trivially easy to hate him, his family (minus the two youngest children), and all the sub-human, treasonous scum who plan to vote for the bastard. I will hate them forever and delight in any suffering they experience as the just reward of treason.
 
The thing that kills Trump the most is his big fat mouth. He can't prevent himself from piling on the bs. This COVID crisis could have been and probably would have been a political blessing for most other politicians. But Trump can't keep himself from lying in an attempt put a positive spin on things. He also proves over and over again that he is stupid beyond belief.

I wish he would take his own advice and give himself an injection of disinfectant.
 
Just to pursue this a little further (my wife wanted to go get some Mexican carry-out, so I had to stop where I was)...

This is a link to "Presidential Approval Ratings -- Gallup Historical Statistics and Trends." The interesting thing, to me, is a little better than halfway down, where we see that Jimmy Carter got a bump up to almost 60% approval in the immediate aftermath of the Iran Hostage Crisis; and his averaged approval rating for his one term was 45.5%.

And here is Trump's trend. He has yet to crack 50%; and (as already noted), his "spike" during a crisis when you'd historically expect a good one was all the way up to an anemic 49%.

So, he should be proud- he's on track to outdo even Carter as "worst President ever"; his approval may not ever get as low as Carter's 28% (June 1979), since he can always count on that +/- 45% who will applaud him even as he shoots someone on 5th Ave, but to never crack 50%, even with a post-impeachment bump, and one you'd expect from the Covid crisis? That's...pretty lame.

How long until he figures out he can explain it away by saying the six million illegal voters (with all their many caps) have been poisoning the polls and that the real Americans overwhelmingly support him?
 
It's fairly safe for him to claim the virus originated in a lab. After all, 33% of Americans agree with him.
 
The thing that kills Trump the most is his big fat mouth. He can't prevent himself from piling on the bs. This COVID crisis could have been and probably would have been a political blessing for most other politicians. But Trump can't keep himself from lying in an attempt put a positive spin on things. He also proves over and over again that he is stupid beyond belief.

I wish he would take his own advice and give himself an injection of disinfectant.

For awhile I thought he was a practioner of The Secret (the asinine belief that if you say something often enough and hard enough, the universe will hear you and make it happen).

But then I realized it is just an undiagnosed mental disorder coupled with his unnaturally protected childhood which never ended. He doesn’t think it is fair or appropriate to question him on things he said yesterday so he gives no concern to what he says today. And thus, we get quotes from February along the lines of “it’ll be zero soon.”
 
Probably deserves it's own topic...

I just saw an online piece about Justin Amash looking at entering the race for Prez as a Libertarian. I had respect for him in the way he demonstrated a spine and some honor in departing the GOP.

But now my spidey senses are tingling. He surely must know he's got a snowball's chance at winning, and must also know he'll be just a spoiler who'll give the win to Trump. Is he out for more than just the profile boost?
 
For awhile I thought he was a practioner of The Secret (the asinine belief that if you say something often enough and hard enough, the universe will hear you and make it happen).

I was under the impression that it was more about believing and focusing on it than saying. I admit to never having given it the time for serious review, though, after figuring that it was a play on confirmation bias and behavior modification.

But then I realized it is just an undiagnosed mental disorder coupled with his unnaturally protected childhood which never ended. He doesn’t think it is fair or appropriate to question him on things he said yesterday so he gives no concern to what he says today. And thus, we get quotes from February along the lines of “it’ll be zero soon.”

I'm going to disagree here, too. I don't buy that. Rather, I think that he doesn't want to be questioned about the things that he screwed up horribly (and, in some cases, probably intentionally screwed up) and be forced into a position where he would have to admit wrongdoing and thus is acting like that to try to shut down the question without admitting wrongdoing. It's a tactic, not even close to a belief.
 
... and must also know he'll be just a spoiler who'll give the win to Trump. Is he out for more than just the profile boost?

I'm not following your logic at all here. I'd expect he'd take a lot more disaffected Republican voters than Democratic voters.
 
From that link:



Why on earth do they think Trump will be receptive to that message? Independent watchdogs are *not* his friends, pretty much by definition, and GOP senators have been telling him through by their own actions that they agree with him. It makes me wonder why they are even bothering to tell him otherwise. They created this monster, why not just own it?

November 3, 2020.
 
Trump Retweeted

When asked who went around the protocol of going through the WH Counsel’s office and instead decided to send the FBI agents into White House for the Flynn perjury trap, Comey smugly responds “I sent them.”

I guess the GOP has decided to not be the party of personal responsibility. :o
 
Trump Tweets

We can’t let the Fake News, and their partner, the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats, get away with stealing the Election. They tried that in 2016. How did that work out?

There it is. Get ready to read/see/hear this endlessly as the election gets closer and the polls show Trump losing. It's gonna get ugly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom