• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: 2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker Part IV

The debate:

Sanders is not giving up in any way shape or form

I'd love to see some fact checking of this debate.

Sanders is making a lot of accusations Biden refutes.

Biden said a dozen PACs support Sanders, Sanders denies it.

Sanders thinks leadership is never changing your position, never compromise.

Sanders said he voted against the Defense of Marriage Act. Didn't Sanders vote against gay marriage in Vermont or something?


It's hard to hear Sanders say again and again his 'this country is rich' schtick..
 
Last edited:
Sanders says Biden said he wanted to cut Medicare and Social Security. The clip he shows in the ad talks about freezing funds, not cutting them.

I was surprised Biden wasn't prepared to call him out on the difference. Biden did say the clip was taken out of context.


It's annoying Biden numbers all of his responses.

Biden says he'll pick a woman VP.
Sanders won't commit.
 
Last edited:
That is how I interpret this:Maybe you meant something else. But it sounds to me like you see no difference between the Democratic or Republican Parties that gave us Trump.

I make a comment comparing the two major political parties as you yourself note, but you choose to read that as me saying there's no difference between Trump and Biden.

You're beyond hope.
 
I make a comment comparing the two major political parties as you yourself note, but you choose to read that as me saying there's no difference between Trump and Biden.

You're beyond hope.

I'm not beyond hope. I just carried your post out to it's natural conclusion. You want to defend a different conclusion, go for it.
 
Last edited:
Back to the debate.

Biden should stop laughing, it's not helping his case.

I hope his handlers pay attention to a focus group response.
 
Biden laughs, Sander drops his jaw. I guess they are about the same.

Remember when it mattered to some voters that Gore sighed?
 
Also I'm calling it now. Much to my dismay Trump will win in 2020. Anyone is free to do a one month avatar bet if you feel otherwise. First come first serve as only one bet will be taken.

Nobody has stepped up? What a shame. I'll take the bet ... as he hops in their Thunderbird with Thelma & Louise as they head into the sunset. :D
 
Nope, Bernie is not giving up. He still believes in his revolution despite the evidence to the contrary.
 
Nobody has stepped up? What a shame. I'll take the bet ... as he hops in their Thunderbird with Thelma & Louise as they head into the sunset. :D

I don't do these bets, but I thinka lot of people don't quite get how the Corona virus is changing everything...and not to Trump's benefit.
Ohm he will still get 40% in the polls..any major party candidate will get that....but I think he has destroyed himsefl with most swing voters.
Meanwhile, I see that Bernie si still defending his Castro comments.Guy just does not get ti.
 
Interesting how the Brenie Bors have turned on the American people since it became clear that Bernie would not get the nomination. They sound like an Inner Party member talking about the Proles in Orwell's "1984".

Oh dudalb your posts are so precious, nearly as bad as some of our resident trumpers except you're on the left :rolleyes:

My faith in the American people, heck in people in general, has been slowly dying long before super tuesday. I'd just wanted to hold on to some hope that with how bad it's gotten, with blatant corruption, propaganda and insanity that has become the norm under this administration and the Republican party, that people would have had enough and decided we needed a change. It didn't have to be Sanders. We had 20+ candidates and several of them would have been pretty good. Instead we choose creepy with girls, marijuana is a gateway drug, segregation supporting, "nothing will fundamentally change", but also Republicans will suddenly change and work with Democrats if I'm in the white house, status quo corporate Joe.

But have fun with your silly Bernie Bros and "turned on the American people", and 1984 nonsense.
 
Last edited:
I don't do these bets, but I thinka lot of people don't quite get how the Corona virus is changing everything...and not to Trump's benefit.

That effect is not showing up in the polls. At least not yet. In polls for Biden vs. Trump, Biden was ahead by about 10 point through most of 2019. That dropped to about 5 points when the caucuses and primaries started at the beginning of the year. Over the past 2-3 weeks Biden has gone back up to about an 8 point lead.

I think the drop and slight resurgence are probably due to the nature of the primaries rather than anything to due with the corona virus. That could certainly change in the future. But right now we aren't seeing any huge surge in the polls in support for Biden.
 
That effect is not showing up in the polls. At least not yet. In polls for Biden vs. Trump, Biden was ahead by about 10 point through most of 2019. That dropped to about 5 points when the caucuses and primaries started at the beginning of the year. Over the past 2-3 weeks Biden has gone back up to about an 8 point lead.

I think the drop and slight resurgence are probably due to the nature of the primaries rather than anything to due with the corona virus. That could certainly change in the future. But right now we aren't seeing any huge surge in the polls in support for Biden.


I think we're way too early in seeing what effect coronavirus will have on the election. It's only been in the last week or so that things have been shutting down. Give it time.
 
Yeah I'm no psychic and I can certainly be wrong. But I feel certain enough that I'm willing to bet one months worth of avatar on it. I've just largely lost faith in the American populace in general to not be swayed by ******** and thus they will continue to shoot themselves in the foot

Trump would be the betting favorite. Just for homefield advantage (incumbency) is worth a couple points and you are asking for an even money bet.

If you gave payout tied to the odds (if you win, you get 25 days sig bet, if I win I get 36) you might have some takers.
 
Biden does not sound the least bit like his aging brain is an issue.

I think some posters on here are rather disappointed that Biden didn't start drooling, looking around glassy-eyed, and asking where his mommy was. Their claims of Biden's dementia are going to be even less credible after the debate tonight. Not that they were credible before.

I wonder if it had been Biden, instead of Sanders, who'd mistakenly said "ebola" in place of "covid" a couple times, would they be claiming it's evidence of his confusion?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom