• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 3

CNN just now: "White House has issued formal threat to Bolton to keep him from publishing book."

Smacks of prior restraint, which I didn't think was allowed.
 
Now Trump is sending a threatening letter to Bolton to stop him from publishing his book.

On CNN now.

Now I really want to hear from Bolton.
 
It was two years earlier. The public has the attention span of a gnat. Far bigger issue for Hillary in the election was her inability to deal with the emails. Which I thought was pathetic, both is the press's obsession with it and her lack of ability to turn a nothinburger into a nothinburger.


Sean Hannity played parts of that interview nearly every day. Mostly just "at this point, what difference does it make?" But sometimes other quotes.



It was all nonsense, but it worked. Or maybe it only worked with the crazy base wing who would have voted for Trump anyway.
 
I still don't get the Bolton thing. During the phone call, Trump said he needed an investigation in order to release the aid. Subsequent testimony by lots of people showed that he actually followed through and held up the aid.

Now Bolton says the same thing and the press calls it a bombshell and Trump et.al call him a traitor. I don't get it.

Maybe they've seen something else in themanuscript that is a much bigger deal.

Well, Trump hates it, so that's cool. Can't wait to hear more, in whatever forum, just to see Trump blow a gasket.
 
Now Trump is sending a threatening letter to Bolton to stop him from publishing his book.

On CNN now.

Now I really want to hear from Bolton.

Bizarre. I haven't been all that optimistic about having Bolton testify, because I figured he'd do everything he could to avoid saying anything of substance. But, damn, does the trump really want to get Bolton chomping at the bit to testify against him? Bolton knows enough people in Congress to start lobbying for himself. He can call Mittens and say, yeah, I have something of substance to say. And if they refuse, he can go to Utah and say, "I told Mittens I have something to say." And there are a bunch of folks in Congress he knows well enough to send them a text.
 
Also what's to stop Bolton from just going on any talking head TV show the second the Senate trial is over?

Again nobody thinks Trump is going to be convicted in the Senate, this is all just campaigning for 2020. Since it won't matter in the Senate outside of narrative and symbolism I don't really see how it matters if Bolton says what he has to say in the Senate today or on Oprah 3 weeks from now.
 
Now Trump is sending a threatening letter to Bolton to stop him from publishing his book.

Oooh. I hope he wrote it himself.
I love that 10th-grade patois he puts in his letters.
“Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool!” followed by “I will call you later.”
 
It should be noted that there aren't many things that have happened that are related to Trump where Trump hasn't had a bombastic reaction. He made a huge deal out of the Mueller report, to the point of facing obstruction charges, and Mueller didn't find any high level coordination. If Trump would have shut up and let him proceed it probably wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

Trump always fights everything tooth and nail, so him now fighting another thing tooth and nail doesn't really shock me. I don't think Bolton has much more to spill, but he would do damage by confirming everything Trump has been accused of (perhaps with evidence); however, that would be a pretty clear reason why the GOP has changed from "he didn't do it" to "it's not a crime". Even if Bolton confirms everything with rock solid evidence the GOP will just pivot and walk away.

I still think Trump will get hosed eventually, but I don't know that him reacting to Bolton like this means much. He doesn't know how else to react.
 
Tucker Carlson is now attempting to paint Bolton as a “lefty”!

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.”
 
Tucker Carlson is now attempting to paint Bolton as a “lefty”!

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.”
 
I still don't get the Bolton thing. During the phone call, Trump said he needed an investigation in order to release the aid. Subsequent testimony by lots of people showed that he actually followed through and held up the aid.

Now Bolton says the same thing and the press calls it a bombshell and Trump et.al call him a traitor. I don't get it.

Maybe they've seen something else in themanuscript that is a much bigger deal.
Well, Trump hates it, so that's cool. Can't wait to hear more, in whatever forum, just to see Trump blow a gasket.

Don't forget, Bolton can also testify about Trump's interactions with Turkey and China, who he also asked to get dirt on his political oppenent(s).
 
I say, that was a joke, son.

I figured it was. But you never know.

There may have been at least one foreign policy decision of Obama's that Bolton approved. Keep in mind that in actuality, Obama continued most of Bush's foreign policy initiatives. There were as many drone strikes after Obama took office as there were before.

What I find amusing is Trump is now calling Bolton a liar.

I'm curious who do we think is telling the truth. Trump or Bolton? Pestige, Brooklyn, Meadmaker?
 
Also what's to stop Bolton from just going on any talking head TV show the second the Senate trial is over?

Again nobody thinks Trump is going to be convicted in the Senate, this is all just campaigning for 2020. Since it won't matter in the Senate outside of narrative and symbolism I don't really see how it matters if Bolton says what he has to say in the Senate today or on Oprah 3 weeks from now.

We can only hope that the rats desert the sinking ship.

If I was one of the 23 republicans running for re-election this fall, I wouldn't want to see the billboards saying I was involved in a sham acquittal of Trump with no witnesses and no evidence in the trial.
 
I figured it was. But you never know.

There may have been at least one foreign policy decision of Obama's that Bolton approved. Keep in mind that in actuality, Obama continued most of Bush's foreign policy initiatives. There were as many drone strikes after Obama took office as there were before.

What I find amusing is Trump is now calling Bolton a liar.

I'm curious who do we think is telling the truth. Trump or Bolton? Pestige, Brooklyn, Meadmaker?

Bolton.
 
I still don't get the Bolton thing. During the phone call, Trump said he needed an investigation in order to release the aid. Subsequent testimony by lots of people showed that he actually followed through and held up the aid.

Now Bolton says the same thing and the press calls it a bombshell and Trump et.al call him a traitor. I don't get it.

He's a first-hand witness, and someone that is generally well-regarded on the right.
 
Also what's to stop Bolton from just going on any talking head TV show the second the Senate trial is over?

Again nobody thinks Trump is going to be convicted in the Senate, this is all just campaigning for 2020. Since it won't matter in the Senate outside of narrative and symbolism I don't really see how it matters if Bolton says what he has to say in the Senate today or on Oprah 3 weeks from now.

He won't go to prison if he lies on Oprah. It's harder to say that he's lying about anything he says in the senate.
 
Indeed.
Bolton is the messenger who can't just get shot.

It's so much the right-wing bubble in a nutshell that evidence and facts don't matter unless they come from the right person.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom