• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 3

Most people seem to have a pretty fictional view of politicians. The idea of Joe Biden getting on the witness stand and using it to drop truth bombs and powerful zingers for three hours is a fantasy.


Much like Trump being competent or not mentally ill is a fantasy.
 
From "The Hill" link above:

"He never said to me, 'I've got a problem with what you are doing in Ukraine,'" Giuliani said. "Never once, never winked, never sent me a little note. He is a personal friend, I thought. So here's the only conclusion I can come to, and it's a harsh one, and I feel very bad about it: He's a backstabber."

So what was Giuliani "doing in Ukraine" that Bolton should have warned him against, or sent a little more about? And *winking*? A word associated with corruption.
 
Last edited:
The dream Biden that Meadmaker is talking about. Dream versions of various candidates, from time to time.

Biden may not have Sorkin writing for him, but who says he needs to? I've seen enough of Biden to believe he can easily hold his own against Trump's attorneys. The Senate impeachment format plays into his hands. And Trump's defense team is a bunch of lightweights.
 
I think Bolton can do more damage to Fox than to Trump.
He has been a darling of Fox viewers, and it is utterly discrediting, the way in which Fox commentators try to pretend that he is actually a Leftist mole.

Seems unlikely they just ignore him and pretend he was never a fox media darling, the viewers eat it up.

Why should something like objective reality start to impinge on them now?
 
Most people seem to have a pretty fictional view of politicians. The idea of Joe Biden getting on the witness stand and using it to drop truth bombs and powerful zingers for three hours is a fantasy.

I watched Hillary smack around the committee for hours on end that was trying to go after her on Ben Ghazzi. So come again.
 
I watched Hillary smack around the committee for hours on end that was trying to go after her on Ben Ghazzi. So come again.

Hillary Clinton <> Joe Biden. He's not as clean and articulate, for starters. Although maybe if he pops out his trademark blood eye that would terrify the Republicans.
 
Hillary Clinton <> Joe Biden. He's not as clean and articulate, for starters. Although maybe if he pops out his trademark blood eye that would terrify the Republicans.

Huh? I've heard Joe articulately as hell eviscerate Republicans and their hypocrisy. I think he is far more capable of doing this then Hillary was. But I could be wrong. It has happened before.
 
I watched Hillary smack around the committee for hours on end that was trying to go after her on Ben Ghazzi. So come again.

Hmmm....that gives me a bit of pause. You're right, but electorally, that didn't work out so well for her.
 
Hmmm....that gives me a bit of pause. You're right, but electorally, that didn't work out so well for her.

It was two years earlier. The public has the attention span of a gnat. Far bigger issue for Hillary in the election was her inability to deal with the emails. Which I thought was pathetic. Both in the press's obsession with it and her lack of ability to turn a nothinburger into a nothinburger.
 
Last edited:
I also, am not American; I echo this sentiment 100%.

Hell, I have served with US soldiers, airmen and sailors - among the finest bunch of guys I ever served with, real professional servicemen. Goodness knows our two Governments have had our differences over the years, but at the levels of the grunts and the erks, we have always had the utmost respect for each other.

I am truly saddened to watch America turn from a trusted, respected ally and friend, into one where its self-serving, narcissistic President has spurned traditional allies, walked all over its friends, embraced tyrants and dictators, and turned the country into a world-wide laughing stock. Trump is fast turning America from a nation of champs to a nation of chumps; into a global pariah, and the 40% or so of Americans who support him are too stupid to see what is happening.
I'm a U.S. citizen in California and I'm doing everything I can to get people to think clearly about things. It's an uphill climb, though - we are only half a chromosome away from chimpanzees.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom