• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, NOT TRUE. :mad:

Mmm. I saw that, was tempted to do what you did and look it up, but then I figured that I wouldn't waste my time because it was so very moronic. With your poke at it, though, it looks like it's much like Trump attacking... Omar, I think, for using profanity when the profanity in question was her quoting him directly.
 
New book, 'Very Stable Genius,' contains smorgasbord of Trump stupidity

Not just basic stupidity, of course. Also stuff like...

Early in his administration, for instance, Trump is eager to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin — so much so, the authors write, “that during the transition he interrupts an interview with one of his secretary of state candidates” to inquire about his pressing desire: “When can I meet Putin? Can I meet with him before the inaugural ceremony?” he asks.

...

“[Secretary of State Rex] Tillerson’s years of negotiating with Putin and studying his moves on the chessboard were suddenly irrelevant,” the duo writes. “‘I have had a two-hour meeting with Putin,’ Trump told Tillerson. ‘That’s all I need to know. . . . I’ve sized it all up. I’ve got it.’”

Speaking of Putin, though...

Entire Russian government to 'resign' so Vladimir Putin can alter the constitution to stay in power

:eek:
 
Last edited:
Australia aren't using Huawei.

I think the worry is that the Chinese Govt could order Huawei to disrupt networks or turn them off.
The problem with that approach is to be able to mitigate such an action a government would have to be the sole provider of all the telecoms hardware and software.
 
Dammit! We were planning on a cultural tour in Iran later this year. Have been saving for ages to afford it too. NOW what is going to happen if Trump and co. reduce these priceless sites to rubble? But what more could you expect from the leaders of the Christian Taliban?
Fingers crossed that this works out for you. Great place, fantastic people. My only access was through a Global Exchange "reality tour." I'm not usually too keen on tours but it worked out great. Enough structure anchor us but also some flexibility that allowed for spontaneous encounters with all kinds of people. I realize a lot will have changed since I went in 2003 but you'd also be there at an interesting time.

I wrote several articles, could PM links to you. Good luck.

(Ignore the frowny at the top. It was an accident, but can't seem to delete it.)
 
LOL. Yeah. The guy likes to go to the gun range and target practice. He doesn't hunt, doesn't think the gubmint is out to take away his freedoms or that there is a Deep State trying to wrest control. But he'll vote for Trump just to make sure he can keep going to the gun range. As if the Dems would stop that. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Thats really silly. Even here in Denmark, where we have some of the strictest gun rules on the planet, you can have hunting weapons and go to a shooting range, if you will.

Hans
 
Thats really silly. Even here in Denmark, where we have some of the strictest gun rules on the planet, you can have hunting weapons and go to a shooting range, if you will.

Hans

Absurdity pretty much is the foundation of the NRA-driven redefinition of the 2nd Amendment, after all. It's no surprise that absurdity surrounds it.

To poke at something else...

McConnell looks like he might have lost the fight to prevent witnesses. That's not the only trick he's trying, though.

Capitol Police and Senate to sharply limit press access during Trump impeachment trial. The restrictions are much, much worse than during the Clinton impeachment trial and seem to serve effectively no actual purpose beyond limiting press access and seriously hampering the ability of the press to, well, actually report on the proceedings.
 
Last edited:
The problem with that approach is to be able to mitigate such an action a government would have to be the sole provider of all the telecoms hardware and software.

No, a wide spread of vendors would be a better option.
 
Thankfully, all my family and friends dislike Trump. Only my BIL is a conservative and he's all about the 2nd amendment. He's convinced if a Dem is elected, they'll take his guns away. He doesn't seem to get that there's a difference between taking away all guns from legal owners and limited gun control. It's the reason he voted for Trump. We just don't discuss politics.

You should point out that Trump said that he'd take people's guns without due process.
 
Republicans claim victory while Trump is under fire
https://twitter.com/dvillella/status/1217775187292233728
but as the Daily Show points out, Trump only fixed what he broke.

There is no way to police China stealing intellectual property (electronics, chemicals) that they produce under contract. They can make the same product for their huge domestic market and nobody will ever check how it was made.
 
I'd say that increases the risk, more vendors more possible "foreign" interference.

Depends on which 'foreign' they are. USA and Scandinavia v China?

Also multiple vendors reduces the risk of the only model of widget box you are using bringing everything down because of a previously unknown flaw.
 
Trump Tweets

One of the greatest trade deals ever made! Also good for China and our long term relationship. 250 Billion Dollars will be coming back to our Country, and we are now in a great position for a Phase Two start. There has never been anything like this in U.S. history! USMCA NEXT!
 
Trump Tweets

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is saying privately that the new China Trade Deal is unbelievable, which it is, but publicly he knocks it whenever possible. That’s politics, but so bad for our great Country!
 
Thats really silly. Even here in Denmark, where we have some of the strictest gun rules on the planet, you can have hunting weapons and go to a shooting range, if you will.

Hans

When talking to gun fanatics, you lost them at “Even here in [foreign country]...”

In their minds, the USA is unique beyond measure, therefore things that work in other countries are irrelevant over here. In their minds, the Dems are coming for all the guns. In their mind, the Dems’ passion for seizing guns means the elected leaders will ignore the Constitution, will ignore the momentous monetary cost, and will ignore the cost of lives involved in rounding up an unknown number of guns from an unknown number of people, many of whom would commit acts of terror to prevent a collection of guns.
 
Trump Tweets

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is saying privately that the new China Trade Deal is unbelievable, which it is, but publicly he knocks it whenever possible. That’s politics, but so bad for our great Country!

We’ve long ago reached the point that when I try to read most President Trump tweets, all I can can see is “Evidence? We don’ need no evidence. I don’ got to show you no stinkin’ evidence.”
 
Trump Tweets

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is saying privately that the new China Trade Deal is unbelievable, which it is, but publicly he knocks it whenever possible. That’s politics, but so bad for our great Country!

We’ve long ago reached the point that when I try to read most President Trump tweets, all I can can see is “Evidence? We don’ need no evidence. I don’ got to show you no stinkin’ evidence.”
"Unbelievable" has as much a chance of being ridicule as praise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom