• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

I stand stronger than anyone in protecting your Healthcare with Pre-Existing Conditions.

The clause "with pre-existing conditions" refers back to "I": Trump is referring to his own pre-existing condition, which is of course malignant narcissism with a side order of senile dementia and purest Jersey-style madness.
 
Trump claimed there was an imminent threat. Something that has already happened is not "imminent". If Trump and Pompeo had claimed the attack on the Baghdad embassy was the cause, that would be one thing. But "imminent" does not refer to something that happened days earlier. Some people have trouble with the POTUS blatantly and continually lying to the American people and some clearly do not.
 
Trump Tweets

I stand stronger than anyone in protecting your Healthcare with Pre-Existing Conditions. I am honored to have terminated the very unfair, costly and unpopular individual mandate for you!

SOCIALIST! Real Americans don't want any government regulations keeping big health corporations from screwing them over!

And then there's SOCIAList Security. I bet Trump supports that too!
 
It's now being reported that no embassies were notified of any imminent threat at the time of Soleimani's assassination. That would have been standard procedure if such a danger existed. I think most people have figured out by now that there was no "imminent" threat and that Trump's and Pompeo's reason for killing Soleimani was nothing but a big, fat lie.

And Trump is such a bad liar. “I can reveal I believe it probably would've been four embassies.” :crazy:
 
It's now being reported that no embassies were notified of any imminent threat at the time of Soleimani's assassination. That would have been standard procedure if such a danger existed. I think most people have figured out by now that there was no "imminent" threat and that Trump's and Pompeo's reason for killing Soleimani was nothing but a big, fat lie.
”By now?”
 
He's more than just 'math' challenged. The only POTUS even close to being that 'challenged' is GWB. But the major difference between the two is GWB was dumb without being malicious.

GWB was capable of listening to advice and was capable of putting the country’s needs ahead of his own.

Is there a word for simultaneous misfeasance and malfeasance?
 
ETA: Trump retweeted a photoshopped image of Chuck Schumer wearing a turban and Nancy Pelosi wearing hijab standing with an Iranian flag. The tweet included the caption "The corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah's rescue. #NancyPelosiFakeNews."

Just more of the "Democrats love terrorists and THAT is why they don't want to get into a war with them!" BS that the Republicans have pushed before. That's compared to the reality, of course, of Democrats being strongly against Soleimani's killing for a number of reasons that have nothing even remotely to do with loving terrorists or shedding any tears about the death of Soleimani.

I remember the Texas federal judge sat on his decision until after the midterms.

Indeed. And employed reasoning that was apparently widely decried as nonsensical.

He's retweeting Russian bots now.

I don't think that that's even remotely a new thing.

ETA: Ugh.

NYT: Russia Hacks Burisma Ahead of Impeachment Trial

Need much more be said?
 
Last edited:
Luckily for the Trump Clan, none of them have the imagination to realize that their Daddy has painted a big target on their backs.
 
GWB was capable of listening to advice and was capable of putting the country’s needs ahead of his own.

Is there a word for simultaneous misfeasance and malfeasance?

GWB listened to advice...but that advice was often from those he should not have listened to: Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld.

I agree that GWB believed he was putting the US first. Trump puts no one and nothing before himself.
 
GWB listened to advice...but that advice was often from those he should not have listened to: Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld.

I agree that GWB believed he was putting the US first. Trump puts no one and nothing before himself.

I'd rather have the country run by a cunning Cabal than by an uneducatable idiot.
 
I'd put my next mortgage payment on the line on a bet that at some point in the last 3 years, someone has literally tried to physically wrench a phone out of the Presidents hand.

Thoughts that would go through my head before trying that

1) OK, he is definitely the kind of guy who would shoot someone who tried to pull a phone away from him, but I feel very certain that the USSS wouldn’t let him have a gun.

2) He’s going to yell for help and when the agents run in he’ll say “shoot that guy, he attacked me,” but if I don’t have a weapon, they won’t shoot me.

3) He’s going to tell the attorney general that I should be executed for attacking him, but it is not a capital crime.

4) it will mean the end of my career, but I may be setting a good example for others. If enough people followed my lead, the country would be better off. On the other hand, he’d probably insist that in the future, two armed agents stand by him during phone calls so I’d be throwing away my career for nothing.

5) no. The better plan is to have a switch that disconnects the phone. He won’t know what happened and we can blame it on the technology in the other person’s country. I’ll get the NSA working on that right away.
 
GWB listened to advice...but that advice was often from those he should not have listened to: Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld.

I agree that GWB believed he was putting the US first. Trump puts no one and nothing before himself.

I’m not entirely convinced that he is able to comprehend that he and the United States are two different entities.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom