• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Employees of Trump's Bedminster Golf Course have reported that he uses insane amounts of makeup and bronzener every morning - to lose the election, it might be enough to get a picture of his face when he is just getting out of bed.
 
There was a lot of talk about the last job report reflecting the Obama economy. This most recent job report has been surprisingly positive.
I say that not from innate Trump hatred, but as it goes against expected trends. I jumped onto a economy subreddit thays usually conservative leaning and while they had some explanations there was a lot of head scratching going on there as well.
I'm glad to see such good numbers, especially being in manufacturing. Thoughts?
 
There was a lot of talk about the last job report reflecting the Obama economy. This most recent job report has been surprisingly positive.
I say that not from innate Trump hatred, but as it goes against expected trends. I jumped onto a economy subreddit thays usually conservative leaning and while they had some explanations there was a lot of head scratching going on there as well.
I'm glad to see such good numbers, especially being in manufacturing. Thoughts?
Some more details would be nice.
 
Trump Tweets

Fake News @CNN is reporting that I am “still using personal cell phone for calls despite repeated security warnings.” This is totally false information and reporting. I haven’t had a personal cell phone for years. Only use government approved and issued phones. Retract!
 
Trump Tweets

Why is the World Bank loaning money to China? Can this be possible? China has plenty of money, and if they don’t, they create it. STOP!
 
Trump Tweets

Fake News @CNN is reporting that I am “still using personal cell phone for calls despite repeated security warnings.” This is totally false information and reporting. I haven’t had a personal cell phone for years. Only use government approved and issued phones. Retract!
Horse-****.

The tech wizards world wide have been able to detect the different handsets when you tweet stuff, or when someone else tweets stuff in your name on another phone. So don't try to bamboozle anyone. Fail!
 
Trump Retweeted

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton

FBI has now lost TWICE in federal court in its scheming to hide FBI-Clinton gang conspiracy to try to destroy @realDonaldTrump. Why is Director Wray allowing the corrupt cover up the FBI’s Russiagate collusion with the Clinton gang? https://judicialwatch.org/press-rel...s-about-fbi-clinton-lawyer-meeting-on-russia/

Impeachment coup should be frozen until a full investigation is done on Schiff's abuse of power against @RealDonaldTrump in secretly obtaining and then publishing the phone records of American citizens.
 
Trump Tweets

Why is the World Bank loaning money to China? Can this be possible? China has plenty of money, and if they don’t, they create it. STOP!
Donny, are you the president of the World Bank? Is it even American? If "no" then stiff cheddar, old bean.

The rest of the world goes on no matter what you say. And considering what you have been saying is absolutely insane crap most of the time and you are becoming an even bigger irrelevancy, this will become more common.

Suck it up, buttercup.
 
Trump Retweeted

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton

FBI has now lost TWICE in federal court in its scheming to hide FBI-Clinton gang conspiracy to try to destroy @realDonaldTrump. Why is Director Wray allowing the corrupt cover up the FBI’s Russiagate collusion with the Clinton gang? https://judicialwatch.org/press-rel...s-about-fbi-clinton-lawyer-meeting-on-russia/

Impeachment coup should be frozen until a full investigation is done on Schiff's abuse of power against @RealDonaldTrump in secretly obtaining and then publishing the phone records of American citizens.
But Mueller said there was no collusion! (No collusion! No collusion!) So there was no evidence against Trump (allegedly). But this release of information apparently proves there WAS collusion by Trump, and the "Clinton gang" tried to...hide it? Or did they try to expose it? I dunno. Where the heck is he even going with this??! Something something Killery something NO COLLUSION!
 
The same stock market that seems to have dropped over 300 points since Monday?

This is blatant cherry picking or confirmation bias or whatever.

One can make a rational case that any president has little effect on the stock market. But if you think they do...

To bring up one down day and attempt to hang it on Trump is ridiculous, considering the market has been up bigly since he took office. Especially since most or all of that drop was regained in the next several trading days.

I think Trump’s actions on the economy - record deficits and debts, unnecessary trade wars, erratic and unpredictable actions, etc. - will have long-lasting detrimental effects on the economy. But three years in, the market seems fine with all that. In the long run? You know what they say about the long run!
 
Last edited:
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Job growth was unexpectedly high, as well as wage growth.
Thanks, but...did you actually read it?

The most common comment on each sector was "little or no change from previous reporting". So jobs growth was not "unexpectedly high" at all. Neither was it a crash-dive. It simply followed the same shallow/flat-line trajectory as though nothing at all had influenced it.

I read it as the Trump administration being basically ineffectual, or perhaps simply absent entirely. They have had a tendency to decimate responsible federal departments in the name of "cost cutting" (i.e. installing their own flunkies who take the cash and then do nothing).

So with nobody from Trump down doing anything to influence business (except perhaps stagnate things with tariff wars), industries will usually just trundle on pretty much the same as before, following their own trajectories up or down as may be. Which is precisely what this report says.

Which is weird in another way. Trump calls the Dems the "Do Nothing Dems". But his own administration is not just asleep at the wheel, they are not even in the driver's seat.
 
Thanks, but...did you actually read it?

The most common comment on each sector was "little or no change from previous reporting". So jobs growth was not "unexpectedly high" at all. Neither was it a crash-dive. It simply followed the same shallow/flat-line trajectory as though nothing at all had influenced it.

I read it as the Trump administration being basically ineffectual, or perhaps simply absent entirely. They have had a tendency to decimate responsible federal departments in the name of "cost cutting" (i.e. installing their own flunkies who take the cash and then do nothing).

So with nobody from Trump down doing anything to influence business (except perhaps stagnate things with tariff wars), industries will usually just trundle on pretty much the same as before, following their own trajectories up or down as may be. Which is precisely what this report says.

Which is weird in another way. Trump calls the Dems the "Do Nothing Dems". But his own administration is not just asleep at the wheel, they are not even in the driver's seat.
Thanks, I have some trouble doing in depth reading and the way its presented was high job growth which just didn't square with the other stuff thayt I've read
 
I dunno. The effects of his actions may be racist but I have no idea what goes on in that skull. As bad as being racist is it's not even close to being the worst thing about Trump as a person or as a president.

I think I've tried to argue that implementing racist policies (say, a landlord living in a racist town restricting rentals to white folk in order to maximize profits, though he has no views of white superiority at all) is not an indication one is racist. Others have said that the effects of one's actions are enough to allege racism. I agree with you that racism depends on one's opinions, not one's actions, which are a poor indicator of the inner motivations.

I also agree that his racism is bad, but other features are even worse.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom