• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden releases scorching campaign video of world leaders laughing at Trump

It's not bad... and was fairly certainly quite easy to make, given Trump. On this, I do think that Biden/his campaign did a good job. Given Biden's propensity for gaffes, though, I do suspect that he would get laughed at a bit, too.
Here's another link because that one won't play for me.

My absolute favorite is the missed handshake, one minute in the greeter reaches for Melanie's hand, Donald thinks she's reaching for his. :dl:
 
Nearly any American with antebellum African American ancestry will have ancestors who were slave-owners and ancestors who were slaves.

Perhaps you missed that Harris has no antebellum African American ancestors? For that matter, neither did Obama.
 
Last edited:
How dare they express their opinions! One would almost think this was a forum for the vigorous exchange of ideas, instead of a Democrat echo chamber.

No one says they cannot express their opinions.
Edited by Agatha: 
Edited to remove breach of rule 12
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you missed that Harris has no antebellum African American ancestors? For that matter, neither did Obama.

Correct on the technical point, but it's not like Jamaica doesn't have a sordid history with slavery, too.

Looking past all of that, whether someone does or doesn't have an ancestor who was a slave just doesn't seem all that relevant to me (not sure who introduced it).

Any person of color who has spent more than a few years in America is probably decently qualified to speak about the experience of persons of color in America in terms of attitudes and perspectives that need to be tossed into the dustbin of history and goals that need to be reached.
 
Last edited:
Correct on the technical point, but it's not like Jamaica doesn't have a sordid history with slavery, too.

Looking past all of that, whether someone does or doesn't have an ancestor who was a slave just doesn't seem all that relevant to me (not sure who introduced it).

Any person of color who has spent more than a few years in America is probably decently qualified to speak about the experience of persons of color in America in terms of attitudes and perspectives that need to be tossed into the dustbin of history and goals that need to be reached.

I introduced the slave-owning thing and it was just my point that it was ironic. Unlike a lot of people, I don't hold that the sins of the father or the grandfather or the great-grandfather shall be visited upon the son or dauther. We are each responsible for our own transgressions.

Everybody else seemed to think that I was saying something bad about Obama (whose slave-owning ancestors were on the white side of the family) or Kamala (whose were on the black side).

The point that many descendants of slaves may also be the descendants of slave-owners due to rape did not occur to me at the time, because it is not the case with either Harris or Obama (at least not as far as I know).
 
No one says they cannot express their opinions.
Edited by Agatha: 
Edited to remove breach of rule 12
.

Edited by Agatha: 
Edited to remove response to breach of rule 12

I speak (type) my opinions carefully and honestly (mostly on the first part unless I get my panties in a knot). But I obviously have a dramatically different political worldview that you do. I accept this without attributing any malice or dishonesty towards you.

I actually accept that you feel the way that you do towards Trump. That you feel the minor imperfections on the Democrats are but pimples on a Playboy Playmate's behind compared to the perfidy and whatever that is Trump.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, Buttigieg's parents being communists will become a huge issue if he gets the nomination. I think it will be a bigger issue than that he's gay. You feel otherwise. That's your opinion and unlike you, I accept that it's not something dark inside you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike a lot of people, I don't hold that the sins of the father or the grandfather or the great-grandfather shall be visited upon the son or dauther. We are each responsible for our own transgressions.

Which people are you referring to, specifically?

Whether you choose to believe it or not, Buttigieg's parents being communists will become a huge issue if he gets the nomination.

Mmm. You may be right. Just like Al Gore saying that he invented the internets was a huge issue for him.

That's taking into account that Al Gore never said that in the first place, of course.
 
Last edited:
Mmm. You may be right. Just like Al Gore saying that he invented the internets was a huge issue for him.

That's taking into account that Al Gore never said that in the first place, of course.

And Pete Buttigieg's parents were never communists.:thumbsup:
 
Whether you choose to believe it or not, Buttigieg's parents being communists will become a huge issue if he gets the nomination. I think it will be a bigger issue than that he's gay. You feel otherwise. That's your opinion and unlike you, I accept that it's not something dark inside you.


Oh, great, do we once again get to listen to you mansplain to us that it's big issue because otherwise why would it keep getting brought up in this very thread............by you??

:rolleyes:
 
Poisoning the well much?

I speak (type) my opinions carefully and honestly (mostly on the first part unless I get my panties in a knot). But I obviously have a dramatically different political worldview that you do. I accept this without attributing any malice or dishonesty towards you.
Pardon the interjection but yes, I think this is true. And even though we disagree on, er, just about everything, I appreciate your often sensible comments in this thread. And I don't appreciate the tribal bs you're replying to.
 
Last edited:
I DON'T BELIEVE IT. Just like I didn't believe Jeremiah Wright was a big issue. Just like I didn't believe Obama's birthplace was a big issue. Or a countess list of other nothinburgers that people like Rush and Glen Beck will ramble on endlessly about.


There are people who still genuinely believe that universities, unions, the Democratic Party, etc. have been extensively infiltrated by Communist agents who are just waiting for the signal to rise up and overthrow the government. Reliving the glory days of the Red Scare.
 
There are people who still genuinely believe that universities, unions, the Democratic Party, etc. have been extensively infiltrated by Communist agents who are just waiting for the signal to rise up and overthrow the government. Reliving the glory days of the Red Scare.
And Pete's parents being communist would affect these peoples' votes how?
 
There are people who still genuinely believe that universities, unions, the Democratic Party, etc. have been extensively infiltrated by Communist agents who are just waiting for the signal to rise up and overthrow the government. Reliving the glory days of the Red Scare.


This is 2019 not 1954. If they believe that they are hard core Republicans and 90 years old.
 
This is 2019 not 1954. If they believe that they are hard core Republicans and 90 years old.

The idea of "cultural Marxism" has had quite a resurgence within the past few years. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a modern (and less overtly antisemitic) repacking of the Nazi conspiracy theory of "cultural bolshevism," which was focused on the idea that Jews and communists were secretly infiltrating society and using social engineering to force communism on everyone.

Lots of right wing media outlets and figures have been pushing this idea for a while now, both directly and indirectly (ie, strongly hinting at the idea, but not using the words "cultural Marxism"). For more mainstream examples, just look at organizations like Turning Point USA, or figures like Jordan Peterson, who constantly talks about "postmodern Neo-Marxists" trying to destroy society, and has even made a video for Prager U explaining how. IIRC, it was also a frequent topic on Infowars, and Tuckers Carlson has hinted at it as well. It's something you run into all the time if you pay attention to what right wing discourse.
 
The idea of "cultural Marxism" has had quite a resurgence within the past few years. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a modern (and less overtly antisemitic) repacking of the Nazi conspiracy theory of "cultural bolshevism," which was focused on the idea that Jews and communists were secretly infiltrating society and using social engineering to force communism on everyone.

Lots of right wing media outlets and figures have been pushing this idea for a while now, both directly and indirectly (ie, strongly hinting at the idea, but not using the words "cultural Marxism"). For more mainstream examples, just look at organizations like Turning Point USA, or figures like Jordan Peterson, who constantly talks about "postmodern Neo-Marxists" trying to destroy society, and has even made a video for Prager U explaining how. IIRC, it was also a frequent topic on Infowars, and Tuckers Carlson has hinted at it as well. It's something you run into all the time if you pay attention to what right wing discourse.

This is my point. Yes Right wingnuts have been peddling the red scare, commie, socialist BS. But they have been doing that for about a hundred years. It only really has traction among them. This peaked in the 1950s and has had less and less impact with the public ever since.

That dog won't hunt anymore. Time to put him down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom