• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it but -- it's the issue of telling people in MI, WI and PA who are happy with their insurance that (1) they won't be able to keep it and (2) the replacement isn't defined. That's a losing proposition.

Yeah, when Warren raised her hand signaling that people couldn't keep their existing insurance, I went *headdesk*. D.U.M.B.
 
I'll be generous and include all 29 of the people who kind of are or were going after the 2020 Democratic nomination. Seven are not white. Five are women. One is gay.

Again even on the disingenuous over-simplified understanding, the Democrats are manifestly better.

5 are women? Of Gabbard, Gillibrand, Harris, Klobucher, Warren, and Williamson, which of them is not a woman? :boxedin:
 
Health insurance companies used to charge women more than men. Obamacare made that illegal.

Women paid more for health insurance than men because they cost more to insure as they have health issues that men don't. Did you know that women pay less for life insurance because they live longer and for auto insurance because they get into fewer accidents? When are the levelers going to demand those types of insurance become equal?
 
5 are women? Of Gabbard, Gillibrand, Harris, Klobucher, Warren, and Williamson, which of them is not a woman? :boxedin:

Ah, right, Klobucher. My mistake.

Now I am bringing up wiki to make sure my 29 count was right.
 
Warren talks the talk, but has no follow through.
What metric leads to this conclusion?

If she were to secure the nomination, she is going to gallop back towards a centrist position.
Let's hope so. Otherwise a likelihood of four more years of you know who.

She's already retreating from her earlier stance on universal single payer.
She made a big mistake when she signed on to M4A. That's hard to retreat from. Now she's pissing off the fiction fans, and it will be used against her in the general anyway.

Sanders has a track record of not wavering on these pivotal positions. He's rock solid on these issues.
While I can point to at least one instance of Sanders wavering on a pivotal issue -- gun control -- I get the same sense. In general, he doesn't waver. Even when wavering is called for, e.g. nuclear.
 
Last edited:
Oh geez, six white people up on the main stage and three POC relegated to second-class status. Are the Democrats going to go full nostalgic and hang a "whites only" sign above the stage?

Good idea. Maybe they can borrow the one the GOP uses. Well, except that the GOP one is looking a bit ragged, having been used for more than a century.
 
They don't care about facts, and only have a cargo-cult understanding of the idea of inclusiveness.

The 2016 Republican Primaries had 19 candidates, two were men of color, one a white woman, and the rest were old white dudes. I'll be generous and include all 29 of the people who kind of are or were going after the 2020 Democratic nomination. Seven are not white. Five are women. One is gay.

Again even on the disingenuous over-simplified understanding, the Democrats are manifestly better.

As much as I dislike these sort of "headcount" things, yes, it's obvious that dems are far better at representing anyone aside from straight, "Christian" white men - and it's obvious that the GOP is openly hostile to other groups.

There was always one massive benefit that Harris brought that I think nobody else did - Harris vs. Dolt 45, on a debate stage. I think she'd destroy him, even worse than Hillary did in 2016. I simply don't don't think that anyone else left has that particular skill - regardless of what you think of anyone's proposals.

Liz Warren is 2nd.

And yes, I'm saying that this should be taken seriously. Would you even bother watching Toupee Fiasco debate Michael Bloomberg? Or rather, do you see most people even caring about this?

Wow, two supposed billionaire white dudes with heavy authoritarian, racial streaks...yeah, not a real interesting debate. Who cares?
 
Last edited:
I admit that got a laugh out of me.

Actually she is half Indian (India Indian). Her father was Jamaican. I commented a while ago on the irony that if Kamala had been elected, she would have been the second half-black President whose ancestors were not only not slaves, but were slave-owners.
 
Malarkey Joe Biden signed my email fundraiser appeal today:

"Keep the faith,

Joe"​

Joe, you're not helping yourself.
 
Actually she is half Indian (India Indian). Her father was Jamaican. I commented a while ago on the irony that if Kamala had been elected, she would have been the second half-black President whose ancestors were not only not slaves, but were slave-owners.
Nearly any American with antebellum African American ancestry will have ancestors who were slave-owners and ancestors who were slaves.
 
Last edited:
Nearly any American with antebellum African American ancestry will have ancestors who were slave-owners and ancestors who were slaves.

Harris doesn't have antebellum African American ancestry, as far as I know. Her mother is Indian. Her father is Jamaican. Unless her father descended from African Americans who emigrated to Jamaica, your observation is a non sequitur.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom