• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn nothing from Adam Schiff, I think he’s a maniac. I think Adam Schiff is a deranged human being. I think he grew up with a complex for lots of reasons that are obvious. I think he’s a very sick man, and he lies.

Unbelievable that those words are coming from the person serving as president of the United States. How can this be? Stomach churning. :(
 
Unbelievable that those words are coming from the person serving as president of the United States. How can this be? Stomach churning. :(

We've had stupid presidents and we've had crooked presidents and we've had vicious bully presidents, but have we ever had one this ineloquent? He writes on an elementary school level. Even G.W. Bush, with his questionably sincere folksy facade, spoke and wrote like an adult.
 
I was watching a brief clip of Trump and Macron speaking to the press. When Macron was talking, Trump was constantly fidgeting and looking around the room. You could almost see him thinking "Someone other than me is talking. Why should I pay attention?"
 
Poor little Donny. That meanie Justin Trudeau poked fun at him.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
- Eric Cartman​
 
Trump Tweets

Great progress has been made by NATO over the last three years. Countries other than the U.S. have agreed to pay 130 Billion Dollars more per year, and by 2024, that number will be 400 Billion Dollars. NATO will be richer and stronger than ever before....

....Just finished meetings with Turkey and Germany. Heading to a meeting now with those countries that have met their 2% GOALS, followed by meetings with Denmark and Italy....

....When today’s meetings are over, I will be heading back to Washington. We won’t be doing a press conference at the close of NATO because we did so many over the past two days. Safe travels to all!
 
I learn nothing from Adam Schiff, I think he’s a maniac. I think Adam Schiff is a deranged human being. I think he grew up with a complex for lots of reasons that are obvious. I think he’s a very sick man, and he lies
.


Unbelievable that those words are coming from the person serving as president of the United States. How can this be? Stomach churning. :(

If Adam Schiff is a liar and a maniac, what does that make Trump? A raging lunatic?

Seriously, if boring Schiff is a maniac, then I don't know what a maniac is.
 
Trump Tweets
We won’t be doing a press conference at the close of NATO because we did so many over the past two days. Safe travels to all!


Because Trump is well known for passing up opportunities to talk about how great he is. It has nothing to do with the other leaders mocking him behind his back and being transparently manipulated by President Macron.
 
Trump Tweets

The Fake News Media is doing everything possible to belittle my VERY successful trip to London for NATO. I got along great with the NATO leaders, even getting them to pay $130 Billion a year more, & $400 Billion a year more in 3 years. No increase for U.S., only deep respect!

@NATO has now recognized SPACE as an operational domain and the alliance is STRONGER for it. U.S. leadership ensures peace through strength and we must continue to show strength and WIN on all fronts – land, air, sea, and SPACE!
 
There won't be any discovery. It will be ruled frivolous from the starting gate.

You have to wonder who pays these lawyers to take hopeless cases, that is, if Nunes has a lawyer.

I doubt any decent lawyer would take Nunes case on spec (ie, the attorney does not get paid unless Nunes wins).
 
Trump probably goes there for his ego feed when he's not getting it from a rally. He's so incredibly insecure. It's rather sad.

what really makes him inscrue is he had to know that behind closed doors, and great many in the GOP snicker at him.
 
Same. In your estimation, would the TPP have been more effective than a trade war?

To butt in with my take and this is not meant to answer for tyr_13... the TPP was more about limiting China's soft power and influence in the region and increasing the US' than it was about directly addressing China's bad behavior. That's a notably different aim overall, though there is intersection.

I actually have no problem with tariffs being used on China - provided that it was done intelligently and with reasonable goals and expectations in play. It wasn't - Trump decided to treat the whole thing like he was a schoolyard bully and started the Trade War because he thought that China would just roll over and bow to him after a little smacking around. The US is much more powerful in nigh every relevant way in his mind, after all. By the time that it became undeniably obvious that that wasn't the way things were going, he was too invested in projecting that lie, though, because admitting that he had been an idiot would be a huge loss of face for him. As the Narcissist that he is, that loss of face means immensely more to him than any concerns about country or people.

I think it would have been much more effective, but not sufficient. This is in part because it doesn't go directly after China's bad behavior. What it would have (hopefully) done is create a trading environment that incentivizes moving away from those bad practices.

In addition to all the normal carrot and stick factors, if you want China to change, and you are not China, you have to let China give all the appearances that they're not taking orders especially from outsiders. The amount of theater they want is extensive. Thus you have to make it not only in their best interest, you have to make it either unseen or look like China's doing. They invoke the opium wars and unequal treaty at the drop of a non-Chinese hat. The CCP uses that sort of nationalism, racism, and external threat as one of their mechanisms of control.

I've been saying for a while now that the Republicans want to be the American CCP.
 
Trump Tweets

Just read the best Maureen Dowd column, in the New York Times, EVER (although she treated me great before politics), but it was written by her brother, Kevin. Someone in the News Media should hire her wonderful, talented, and very smart brother!
 
Trump Tweets

Tremendous things achieved for U.S. on my NATO trip. Proudly for our Country, no President has ever achieved so much in so little time. Without a U.S. increase, other countries have already increased by $130 Billion-with $400 Billion soon. Such a thing has never been done before!
 
Trump Tweets

Tremendous things achieved for U.S. on my NATO trip. Proudly for our Country, no President has ever achieved so much in so little time. Without a U.S. increase, other countries have already increased by $130 Billion-with $400 Billion soon. Such a thing has never been done before!

Thanks Obama!
 
We've had stupid presidents and we've had crooked presidents and we've had vicious bully presidents, but have we ever had one this ineloquent? He writes on an elementary school level. Even G.W. Bush, with his questionably sincere folksy facade, spoke and wrote like an adult.

It's not just ineloquence. It's not just stupidity. It's anti-intellectualism.

Trump is the political manifestation of the whole "I'm gonna be proudly wrong just to show up people who I think are over-obsessed with being right" thing that is, terrifyingly, really starting to solidify into an actual broad mentality.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom