TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles
I just read Harris dropped out.
I'm not completely certain the Biden video hasn't been slightly altered. The "local news station" only gets 60 "legit" results in a google search (it has a bunch more of the duplicates, though), and fake news is VERY sophisticated now.
Tell me, do you see this populist movement growing, led by Bernie marching in the street or whatever?.....
Bernie is calling for a popular movement to recapture the legislature. He intends to use the bully pulpit of the presidency to do so. ....
Tell me, do you see this populist movement growing, led by Bernie marching in the street or whatever?
It did not materialize in 2016 and it's not bigger now.
I can think of a few possibilities....On a related note, I channel-surfed by Biden preaching to some group of teachers telling them how he was going to increase their salaries ("What we need is") via some federal subsidies. The promise was completely hollow coming from a man who was VP for eight years. Why wasn't this done under Obama...
Good question. How are any of the candidates going to get any of their policies enacted (especially ones that involve money)? Its an election promise, no better or worse than any of the other campaign promises that involve government spending. (Heck, I'd say there's probably a better chance of getting some minor spending program like this enacted than getting a 'medicare for all' program running.)and how is Biden going to get it done now?
I'm not completely certain the Biden video hasn't been slightly altered. The "local news station" only gets 60 "legit" results in a google search (it has a bunch more of the duplicates, though), and fake news is VERY sophisticated now.
And yet that's precisely why you voted for Trump.
Kind of funny when you actually think about it.
LOL!
I can think of a few possibilities....
1) As VP his ability to set policy was limited. (Congress largely controls the purse strings, and while the executive branch might have some influence, it would likely be the president who holds the most weight.)
OMG! are you serious? Got any data to back that nonsense up?2) It has been almost 3 years since Obama was president; maybe the problem with teacher's salaries were not as serious back then as they are now.
Those are just possibilities. I don't know if either of them are the real reason, but just assuming "it didn't happen when he was VP so why trust him now" might be incorrect.
Job on first day: actually drain the swamp, especially the people Trump has installed. That's a big job.Good question. How are any of the candidates going to get any of their policies enacted (especially ones that involve money)? Its an election promise, no better or worse than any of the other campaign promises that involve government spending. (Heck, I'd say there's probably a better chance of getting some minor spending program like this enacted than getting a 'medicare for all' program running.)
Kamala Harris reluctantly agrees to concede an outcome she believes is unfair and unjust because economics, bias, and the overwhelming might of opponents forecloses any other avenue.
Sounds familiar.
It could almost be the mission statement on the wall at DNC HQ.Popehat's snarky take on Harris dropping out:
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1201935494893883392
Strange, it seems stronger now because he ran in 2016. There is a hunger for progressive politics in this country and it's growing.
With deepfakes, this is going to get increasingly hard to sift through, and very, very soon.
What are you basing that on?
He wanted Trump to drain the swamp.
Who is the swamp? Depends on who you ask.
I just read Harris dropped out.
I wouldn't say it was Obama's "fault"... just that different politicians will have different priorities, which might be influenced by current events.I can think of a few possibilities....
1) As VP his ability to set policy was limited. (Congress largely controls the purse strings, and while the executive branch might have some influence, it would likely be the president who holds the most weight.)
So it was Obama's fault and Biden in control would take action?
http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/te..._the_highest_and_lowest_teacher_salaries.htmlOMG! are you serious? Got any data to back that nonsense up?2) It has been almost 3 years since Obama was president; maybe the problem with teacher's salaries were not as serious back then as they are now.
Yes, I am sure he his. And how is that different than any other politician?Biden is out there spewing the same old stuff, "elect me and can fix everything."
First of all, note that I didn't say "What should a president do the first few days in office". I asked "How can any president fulfill campaign promises when they don't control the budget directly".Job on first day: actually drain the swamp, especially the people Trump has installed. That's a big job.Good question. How are any of the candidates going to get any of their policies enacted (especially ones that involve money)? Its an election promise, no better or worse than any of the other campaign promises that involve government spending. (Heck, I'd say there's probably a better chance of getting some minor spending program like this enacted than getting a 'medicare for all' program running.)
Actually, a lot of the candidates have talked about executive orders to reverse some of Trump's damages...Day two, reverse all the Ex Orders Trump enacted that resulted in pollution and other damages to the country.
I wish they were campaigning on starting with these issues.