• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to ask why a centennial event wasn't done years before.

WAs he "joking" there? Or is he entirely insane?

Maybe, just maybe, he was asking why there hadn't already been a commemorative coin before, for the 50th or 75th anniversary ?
 
Maybe, just maybe, he was asking why there hadn't already been a commemorative coin before, for the 50th or 75th anniversary ?

But the word centennial was in it. As Belz... eluded to, this didn't happen in a vacuum. Take Trump's body of work as a guide.

I agree with someone else's previous take. I don't think Trump had a clue what centennial means.
 
But the word centennial was in it. As Belz... eluded to, this didn't happen in a vacuum. Take Trump's body of work as a guide.

I agree with someone else's previous take. I don't think Trump had a clue what centennial means.


Maybe he's just sucks at arithmetic.
 
Trump, on signing the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act to commemorate the passage of the 19th Amendment is 1920: "I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."


It sounds to me like he's just forgotten what he was talking about in the first sentence by the time he got to the second sentence, and then fell back on his usual "I'm the Biglyest" posturing.

"the passage of the 19th Amendment is 1920: "I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago?"" > Not actually a bad question, why did it take until 1920?

>Goldfish memory time< "Something didn't happen? Now I did something? I must have done the thing!"

> "And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."
 
It sounds to me like he's just forgotten what he was talking about in the first sentence by the time he got to the second sentence, and then fell back on his usual "I'm the Biglyest" posturing.

"the passage of the 19th Amendment is 1920: "I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago?"" > Not actually a bad question, why did it take until 1920?

>Goldfish memory time< "Something didn't happen? Now I did something? I must have done the thing!"

> "And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."

I think he thinks he just now gave women the vote. Or possibly authorized the existence of coins.
 
It sounds to me like he's just forgotten what he was talking about in the first sentence by the time he got to the second sentence, and then fell back on his usual "I'm the Biglyest" posturing.

"the passage of the 19th Amendment is 1920: "I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago?"" > Not actually a bad question, why did it take until 1920?

>Goldfish memory time< "Something didn't happen? Now I did something? I must have done the thing!"

> "And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."

Wow! Why didn't someone sign the 100th Anniversary coin act before the 98th year?

Gee I wonder.

What a moron.
 
Trump, on signing the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act to commemorate the passing of the 19th Amendment in 1920: "I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."

I've been looking at the screen for about 5 minutes trying to think of something to say, but I give up.

People are saying Obama should have commemorated the 19th Amendment's 89th anniversary in 2009. Do nothing Democrat. Sad.
 
Poor Melanie can't even get a warm reception when trying to do something goodish:

CNN said:
First lady Melania Trump took her "Be Best" initiative to the Baltimore area on Tuesday, where she was met with a chorus of boos from attendees at a youth summit aimed at raising awareness about the nation's opioid crisis.

Which leaves me with mixed feelings. On one hand, **** Melanie and her complete and total ******** "be best" campaign. It should start with her husband. On the other hand, opioid addiction is absolutely terrible and people should accept help no matter who it's from.

Apparently she dropped the "online bullying" from her platform and changed it to "online safety":

In Baltimore on Tuesday, the first lady touted her work with "Be Best," which focuses on children's well-being, online safety and opioid abuse.
 
Last edited:
I just watched Trump pardon the Thanksgiving turkeys. I was disgusted that he turned this non-political traditional event into a political attack on the Dems and, in particular, Adam Schiff under the thin veil of 'humor'. He also turned it into a campaign event and, oddly, brought up al Baghdadi. Thankfully, the audience didn't seem to appreciate his 'humor' as I heard virtually no laughs. Even Melania grimaced when her frozen smile broke. IMO, she looked embarrassed.
 
I just watched Trump pardon the Thanksgiving turkeys. I was disgusted that he turned this non-political traditional event into a political attack on the Dems and, in particular, Adam Schiff under the thin veil of 'humor'. He also turned it into a campaign event and, oddly, brought up al Baghdadi. Thankfully, the audience didn't seem to appreciate his 'humor' as I heard virtually no laughs. Even Melania grimaced when her frozen smile broke. IMO, she looked embarrassed.

What war crimes did the turkeys commit that he respects them for?
 
Surely you're not surprised, though.

Nothing this POS does surprises me. The only thing he could do that would surprise me would be to act with some class and dignity and not make everything about him. But we know that isn't something an extreme narcissist can do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom