• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, what happened to that? The last town meeting I channel-surfed by she was responding to Obama's criticism I think. Her message was massive change was needed.

I haven't been impressed with Warren and her campaign almost right from the start. I thought taking the DNA test was politically moronic. She needs a message and then she has to stay on message. It has to be simple and she has to hammer that home. She can't allow others to dictate what her campaign is about.
 
I haven't been impressed with Warren and her campaign almost right from the start. I thought taking the DNA test was politically moronic. She needs a message and then she has to stay on message. It has to be simple and she has to hammer that home. She can't allow others to dictate what her campaign is about.

Yeah. She's been faltering a bit as she's gotten bogged down in specifics of the the healthcare debate and more generally reacting - which is a self-inflicted wound, really. It's honestly enough to say that she's not going to start with a compromise - compromise will naturally happen in the legislative branch almost no matter what, so why give up most of the bargaining chips before you even get to the table? - and then move on.
 
Last edited:
If that's the case, why did he focus on Pete's parents?

My argument is that if people are so concerned about Buttigieg losing votes because he's gay, then how about this other issue. How long before he is confronted with some quote his dad made at a Gramsci Society meeting?
 
My argument is that if people are so concerned about Buttigieg losing votes because he's gay, then how about this other issue. How long before he is confronted with some quote his dad made at a Gramsci Society meeting?

I love it! Not only must a Democrat candidate have perfect responses to all questions and events that occur, they must also have perfect defenses to hypothetical future attacks that have yet to be made! Reading this thread it looks like a Democrat must be more perfect than a fanfic Mary Sue in order to stand a chance at "being electable"; meanwhile the Republicans are simultaneously being impeached and having strokes, and that's considered so par for the course it's not even a factor in their "electability"!
 
I love it! Not only must a Democrat candidate have perfect responses to all questions and events that occur, they must also have perfect defenses to hypothetical future attacks that have yet to be made! Reading this thread it looks like a Democrat must be more perfect than a fanfic Mary Sue in order to stand a chance at "being electable";

The defining characteristic of a Mary Sue is not that they are too perfect, but that reality bends to them rather than the other way around.

Hillary was a Mary Sue candidate. Or rather, many Democrats assumed she was. But then reality failed to bend to her.

meanwhile the Republicans are simultaneously being impeached and having strokes, and that's considered so par for the course it's not even a factor in their "electability"!

This is a new one to me. What's it in reference to?
 
This is a new one to me. What's it in reference to?

The surprise medical trip Trump recently had. I don't really think it was a stroke, they'd have helicoptered him if that had happened. I think it's more likely he got a sex toy stuck, or a digestive malfunction, or something. But given past reports of speech issues I wouldn't bet against the occasional TIA manifesting. If there's an opposite to a DASH diet it's Trump's.
 
The surprise medical trip Trump recently had. I don't really think it was a stroke, they'd have helicoptered him if that had happened. I think it's more likely he got a sex toy stuck, or a digestive malfunction, or something. But given past reports of speech issues I wouldn't bet against the occasional TIA manifesting. If there's an opposite to a DASH diet it's Trump's.

Most likely both simultaneously.
 
My argument is that if people are so concerned about Buttigieg losing votes because he's gay, then how about this other issue. How long before he is confronted with some quote his dad made at a Gramsci Society meeting?

Because that's NOT an issue. The only people who would care about that are right wing nutters that wouldn't vote for Pete in the first place. Voters didn't care about Jeremiah Wright, they didn't care about Obama's birth certificate. They didn't really care about Kennedy's religion and I doubt many people didn't vote for Romney for the same reason.

Do you really think people who might have voted for Mayor Pete are not going to over something his father said 30 years ago?
 
Because that's NOT an issue. The only people who would care about that are right wing nutters that wouldn't vote for Pete in the first place. Voters didn't care about Jeremiah Wright, they didn't care about Obama's birth certificate. They didn't really care about Kennedy's religion and I doubt many people didn't vote for Romney for the same reason.

Do you really think people who might have voted for Mayor Pete are not going to over something his father said 30 years ago?
I know times have changed. Yet,..

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/ee5410ea-4a43-4e1b-b232-ad0ecf259920
 
The surprise medical trip Trump recently had. I don't really think it was a stroke, they'd have helicoptered him if that had happened. I think it's more likely he got a sex toy stuck, or a digestive malfunction, or something. But given past reports of speech issues I wouldn't bet against the occasional TIA manifesting. If there's an opposite to a DASH diet it's Trump's.
That's one that makes sense. He had to go somewhere they could keep it secret so didn't go to the closer hospital.
 
That's one that makes sense. He had to go somewhere they could keep it secret so didn't go to the closer hospital.

With his money you'd think he could get the best quality. We live in an era of flared bases and magnetic hinges, there's really little excuse for the funny ER visit stories any more. It's a golden age!
 
Maybe, maybe not. I think Pete's sexuality may be the only thing keeping him from being President. But I also never imagined the nation electing a man of color or a prolific inveterate liar.
I agree. I am unaware how precisely it would affect his candidacy.

When he gets the nomination, will he be planting a big kiss on Chastan up on the stage as the balloons drop? I would assume that will be a big deal. The nation may be ready for that, it may not.
Maybe it will gain him more than it hurts. Tough call to make.
 
I agree. I am unaware how precisely it would affect his candidacy.

When he gets the nomination, will he be planting a big kiss on Chastan up on the stage as the balloons drop? I would assume that will be a big deal. The nation may be ready for that, it may not.
Maybe it will gain him more than it hurts. Tough call to make.

My guess is that he won't. He doesn't need to remind the world he's gay. They know. I'm not comfortable watching two men kiss. Women OTOH is another story. But I absolutely DON'T believe it matters on the job. It's also none of my business how you get your freak on.
 
My guess is that he won't. He doesn't need to remind the world he's gay. They know. I'm not comfortable watching two men kiss. Women OTOH is another story. But I absolutely DON'T believe it matters on the job. It's also none of my business how you get your freak on.
Think of the backlash if he did not kiss his husband at the conclusion.

He would be in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of dilemma.
 
It is sad to me that now, 2020 soon to come, this matters. Yet, to many voters, it does. Perhaps, a few years from now, it won't be an issue.
 
Think of the backlash if he did not kiss his husband at the conclusion.

He would be in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of dilemma.

I don't think there would be a backlash. Sure, some people are going to point it out and try to make an issue of it. You just move right past it. Hell, I can't remember Melanie even touching Donald. Ever.
 
I don't think there would be a backlash. Sure, some people are going to point it out and try to make an issue of it. You just move right past it. Hell, I can't remember Melanie even touching Donald. Ever.

She did have a son together, so presumably she must have at some point.
 
Again, how disgusting. "Red diaper baby"? There are no sewers too full of turds for Republicans not to slither in.

I DON'T know Gramsci. I have no idea about his politics. The point is you're engaged in pathetically typical guilt by association. The thread is about Democratic candidates and the discussion is about Mayor Pete which I guess you seem to infer is a Marxist because his father translated some books of someone who may have had some Marxist ideas.

This reminds me so much of previous typical Republican protestations like Obama was a Muslim or the Jeremiah Wright nonsense or how about Hillary Clinton and Saul Alinsky?

TO be fair, "Red Diaper Baby" was orginally used for Some prominent Sixties radicals who were the children of 1930's radicals many of whom were CPUSA members.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom