• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you haven't been following the trends. Nowadays if there's someone who follows you on Twitter who happens to have a cousin who has read Marx in a public library by accident once, it's safe to ignore everything you have to say.

Your cousin's college roommate's pediatrician's nephew's Boy Scout friend's grandmother knits little cardigans and puts them on cats. Nobody can possibly take you seriously with that in your background.
 
What President had?

Round and round... :rolleyes:

Working in Congress gives one needed experience.

Being a governor also gives one experience working with the state legislature.

Mayors only have a city council to deal with.

Deny it all you want, it's a fact.
 
Round and round... :rolleyes:

Working in Congress gives one needed experience.

Being a governor also gives one experience working with the state legislature.

Mayors only have a city council to deal with.

Deny it all you want, it's a fact.

I worked for a mayor of a mid size town, I also worked for a United States Congressman and a US Senator. Politics is pretty much the same on every level. The issues and people are different, but the game is the same. It's far harder to be an executive actually responsible for a city, a state or a country than it is to be a legislator.
 
Round and round... :rolleyes:

Yeah, as usual you're the only one with a valid opinion.

Working in Congress gives one needed experience.

Being a governor also gives one experience working with the state legislature.

Mayors only have a city council to deal with.

Deny it all you want, it's a fact.

I asked you a question. Would you mind answering it?

Also, what's simple about city councils?
 
It also might depend on if you think it's the label/stigma of being of "too far left" which will primarily do her in.

If the Dems nominated a ticket consisting of Attila the Hun/Alex Jones, the GOP will still yell incessantly that they're too far left and a bunch of socialists out to destroy America.
 
His parents were Marxists and started a society dedicated to Antonio Gramsci, the founder of the communist party in Italy.

I'm sure you included an examination of Fred Trump when considering whether to vote for Don the Con. What conclusion did you reach in that case?
 
What President had?

George Herbert Walker Bush, AKA Bush I. I didn't like his politics but thought he was well qualified to handle the job. I might have been somewhat optimistic in that regard.

Hillary Rodham Clinton. No matter what you think about her, she was extremely well qualified. If she could handle Slick Willie, the GOP would have been duck soup. :)
 
Yeah, as usual you're the only one with a valid opinion.

I asked you a question. Would you mind answering it?

Also, what's simple about city councils?
You will notice round and round in that post refers to opinion vs opinion. The merry-go-round isn't going anywhere.

Are you playing another question game? Oh goody, let's see, I'm looking, I'm looking. If only you would have just repeated it.

Oh, there is it, "what president had"?

Was my answer too abstract? People with experience in Congress and as Governors have the experience I refer to. Mayors don't.

You guys are too touchy. It was the same way with Bernie. Dare to say what you find wrong or inadequate and the replies get snarky.



I worked for a mayor of a mid size town, I also worked for a United States Congressman and a US Senator. Politics is pretty much the same on every level. The issues and people are different, but the game is the same. It's far harder to be an executive actually responsible for a city, a state or a country than it is to be a legislator.
Did you think Obama's lack of experience hurt his ability to accomplish more? Think it hurt him dealing with McConnell?

I do. That's the weakness I see in Buttigieg.
 
You will notice round and round in that post refers to opinion vs opinion. The merry-go-round isn't going anywhere.

Are you playing another question game? Oh goody, let's see, I'm looking, I'm looking. If only you would have just repeated it.

Oh, there is it, "what president had"?

Was my answer too abstract? People with experience in Congress and as Governors have the experience I refer to. Mayors don't.

You guys are too touchy. It was the same way with Bernie. Dare to say what you find wrong or inadequate and the replies get snarky.



Did you think Obama's lack of experience hurt his ability to accomplish more? Think it hurt him dealing with McConnell?

I do. That's the weakness I see in Buttigieg.

I also see it in everyone except maybe Joe Biden and I know how you feel about him.

I grant you, Mayor Pete is short on experience. But I think he'll be smart and hire some real pros to help him. That is if he wins.

Hillary Clinton would have been the most experienced and ready person and I thought she would have made a great president. I also thought she made a terrible candidate.

I think Mayor Pete without the handicap of being openly gay makes a great candidate. And yet I'm concerned as you are that he may not be ready. But I think he has the temperament, the work ethic and the intellect to be successful.

I would not hesitate to vote for him next November given the opportunity.
 
George Herbert Walker Bush, AKA Bush I. I didn't like his politics but thought he was well qualified to handle the job. I might have been somewhat optimistic in that regard.

Hillary Rodham Clinton. No matter what you think about her, she was extremely well qualified. If she could handle Slick Willie, the GOP would have been duck soup. :)

Good point. Both had actually been in the White House. I forgot to mention VPs and other people in top WH positions.
 
I also see it in everyone except maybe Joe Biden and I know how you feel about him.

I grant you, Mayor Pete is short on experience. But I think he'll be smart and hire some real pros to help him. That is if he wins.

Hillary Clinton would have been the most experienced and ready person and I thought she would have made a great president. I also thought she made a terrible candidate.
I think Mayor Pete without the handicap of being openly gay makes a great candidate. And yet I'm concerned as you are that he may not be ready. But I think he has the temperament, the work ethic and the intellect to be successful.

I would not hesitate to vote for him next November given the opportunity.
She wasn't a terrible candidate, she ran a poor campaign and still managed to win the popular vote by a large margin.

This is about campaigning, not about rehashing Clinton's loss because these things apply to today's candidates.

To run a good campaign she would have done better to fight back against Sanders' Goldman Sachs criticism. And when Comey came at her again for the second time she should have put on a HUGE OUTRAGE response. But back when Bill ran the criticism was that, the more he defended himself the more attention the criticisms got. This was the believed issue at the time.

Fast forward to 2016, everything is amplified in the social media, ignoring things is just giving up to negative social media. Ignoring things is a bad idea.

Buttigieg had better get a good response to his lack of experience and an underhanded attack on his homosexuality because that is an attack the social media is good for.


As for how I feel about Biden, he's toast before he's gotten started: Dozen's of exploitable gaffes, out of touch Creepy Uncle Joe and now, maybe it was a mistake for Hunter to take not only the Ukraine but a couple other jobs. Gee, a think?

He might be the lesser of two evils against Trump by a wide margin. But he isn't going to inspire people to to come out and vote because they are excited.
 
Last edited:
I should add, sadly Warren's wearing out her sweeping change campaign. If she doesn't tamp it down with 'it may take time', it's like Bernie believing he could start a revolution. Even against Trump both of them are a big gamble.

Obama weighed in. That's a concern.
 
She wasn't a terrible candidate, she ran a poor campaign and still managed to win the popular vote by a large margin.

This is about campaigning, not about rehashing Clinton's loss because these things apply to today's candidates.

To run a good campaign she would have done better to fight back against Sanders' Goldman Sachs criticism. And when Comey came at her again for the second time she should have put on a HUGE OUTRAGE response. But back when Bill ran the criticism was that, the more he defended himself the more attention the criticisms got. This was the believed issue at the time.

Fast forward to 2016, everything is amplified in the social media, ignoring things is just giving up to negative social media. Ignoring things is a bad idea.

Buttigieg had better get a good response to his lack of experience and an underhanded attack on his homosexuality because that is an attack the social media is good for.


As for how I feel about Biden, he's toast before he's gotten started: Dozen's of exploitable gaffes, out of touch Creepy Uncle Joe and now, maybe it was a mistake for Hunter to take not only the Ukraine but a couple other jobs. Gee, a think?

He might be the lesser of two evils against Trump by a wide margin. But he isn't going to inspire people to to come out and vote because they are excited.

The CANDIDATE is responsible for the CAMPAIGN. So she made a horrible CANDIDATE. I voted for her. I think the world of her. I thought she would win. But I never was impressed with her ability to inspire.

Also I agree with you about her response to Comey. In fact, the ability to hit Trump in the face is what bothers me most about these candidates. People are a little too measured and polite. Too much Marquise of Quensbury and not enough Manassas mauler.
 
I should add, sadly Warren's wearing out her sweeping change campaign. If she doesn't tamp it down with 'it may take time', it's like Bernie believing he could start a revolution. Even against Trump both of them are a big gamble.

Obama weighed in. That's a concern.

Personally, I think she should be hitting hard on the anti-corruption message and just keep hitting hard on it. Possibly doing something like picking out a corrupt/thoroughly unethical figure every 3 days or so, point out harm done and how her plans would address that.
 
Personally, I think she should be hitting hard on the anti-corruption message and just keep hitting hard on it. Possibly doing something like picking out a corrupt/thoroughly unethical figure every 3 days or so, point out harm done and how her plans would address that.


:thumbsup::thumbsup:


Thats a VERY good idea.
 
Personally, I think she should be hitting hard on the anti-corruption message and just keep hitting hard on it. Possibly doing something like picking out a corrupt/thoroughly unethical figure every 3 days or so, point out harm done and how her plans would address that.

I know, what happened to that? The last town meeting I channel-surfed by she was responding to Obama's criticism I think. Her message was massive change was needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom