"Whining."
Look, it does suck for them. We should be sympathetic to the plight. We don't have to call it "whining" when they push for some sort of accommodation. I would like to have a more dispassionate discussion of the issue. If that's not where you're at, maybe leave my posts alone?
Again, I would like to have a discussion that recognizes both sides, and sympathetic to the concerns of ciswomen as well.
You seem to be taking any proposal to seek a more balanced solution as a capitulation on the issue. I'd rather you didn't, but if you must, maybe leave my posts alone?
I know you don't want to discuss definitions but I think definitions are what this is all about.
I have great sympathy for trans people, I can understand them just wanting to be themselves and they find it terrible when they can't be. I.e. a trans man being told they have to use the women's toilets.
I don't support the idea that one should be officially able to change their gender just by saying so, it isn't like changing a name.
If someone has as the case is currently in the UK been medically diagnosed and lived as their preferred gender for 2 years I think they should be able to have their gender officially changed.
The issue as I see it is then becomes a case of "what does it mean to officially change your gender?". And that is where various "rights" come into conflicts and it seems there is no way to make everyone 100% happy so whatever we come up with will result in no one being happy, the fine art of compromise.
Straight forward toilets? Your official gender should determine which you can use. Yes that will make some people uncomfortable but that's a "tough" from me. Going to the loo is just a bodily function.
Changing rooms such as in a sports venue? I would say you use the one you are most physically like, so if you are a trans man and still have female looking genitals you use the womens changing room, and vice a versa. Yes this make some people uncomfortable and others unhappy but that's another "tough" from me.
Sports? It is part of the entertainment industry so I say it is up to the private organisations involved to make their own calls. If some entertainments stop being fun for the participants or audiences they'll fade away and I am sure someone will innovate with something that captures people's attention.
Medically? That is based on your sex.
Services? Depends on what they are. So no no one should be forced to wax male genitals because they offer waxing of female genitals. But if it is say for getting your haircut then a trans person should be treated as per their official gender.