• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Melania is doing her best to insulate her son from Trump's world, and indeed Trump's influence. I gather she managed to bring her parents into the US so Barron does have a family around him, and I've no reason to think they're not devoted to him.

Perhaps being around the Secret Service, military and professional staff will have a positive influence on him.
 
I wouldn't care about his death as a person. As he human he isn't valuable. That said, I would prefer that the American electorate remove him from office. We need to repudiate the Trumptrash in the eyes of the world and make sure they know that they're not like us. We need to redeem the sin of his election.
Nominated.
And this is why I prefer the impeachment process just stop; and he be removed in a landslide victory by anyone else at all. Hell, I'd vote for Richard M Nixon over Trump.
Then again, I might not vote for Pence over Trump. Unlike Trump, he's a sincere Republican and sincere fundy.
 
KNUS radio host Craig Silverman fired midshow for criticizing Trump

Host of a right-wing radio show was fired in the middle of the program.

"I cannot and will not toe strict Trump party line. I call things as I see them,” he tweeted. “I see corruption and blatant dishonesty by President and his cronies. I also see bullying/smearing of American heroes w/courage to take oath and tell truth. Their bravery inspires me."
 
The Secret Service just took the Stupid Russian Whore to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to "take advantage of some down time to get portions of his annual physical out of the way". This was unscheduled and the press pool was told not to report the destination until after they arrived. He's just going to the hospital for an annual physical on a Saturday afternoon at 1600 because he has some free time.
And the exit for health reasons begins ...
 
I wouldn't care about his death as a person. As he human he isn't valuable. That said, I would prefer that the American electorate remove him from office. We need to repudiate the Trumptrash in the eyes of the world and make sure they know that they're not like us. We need to redeem the sin of his election.

Very well said.

It's very important that Trump be removed via "the system" in some fashion (if at all possible,) so faith in that system can be restored.
 
One of the reasons for this is that over the last two President's terms the Republicans have become more and more entrenched into a partisan position that if a Democrat was to declare that the sky was blue, the Republicans would argue against it.

I remember telling a this to a Republican at a fundi church and was told that there was nothing that could agree on. yep. This was before Trump and they were worried about never them. having a majority again.
 
Last edited:
I wasn't meaning normal people, I was meaning in Congress.

Until Clinton there really wasn't this extreme partisanship that we see today. Under Clinton the Republicans started to push towards more Partisanship, mostly I think because they were unable to get over having lost after the big wins by Reagan and Bush, and so to have Bush lose after just a single term was a trigger.
The spectre of inexorable demographic decline of the Republican Party, which has been haunting them since it was first suggested in the mid-60's, appeared to be confirmed with the election of Clinton, who made a feature of his (relative) youth. Karl Rove was brought in from the cold and, in concert with Gingrich and Limbaugh, set the party on the road to here. In my opinion, that is. The subject will inspire many a history book and thesis in years to come, I'm sure.
 
Honestly I don't wish this on anyone. But I must admit, to my shame, that when I check the news first thing in the AM the word stroke come unbidden to my hopes.

How many people have died because of him? He could have cared less when Washington Post reporter Kashoggi was murdered by the Saudis. His abandonment of Syria and the Kurdish people caused thousands of deaths. We will never know how many Ukrainians died as a result of delaying military aid to Syria. How about the immigrants suffering and dying as a result of ICE and Trump's policies?

But I'm worried this is the end of a democratic America. So while ordinarily I don't wish for another's demise and am not recommending violence, I wouldn't mind that this Presidential turd shuffled his mortal coil.
 
That rather takes the shine of Fredo's "best-selling" book, doesn't it? You know, the one about how the left is trying to silence the right. Or, as Ziggurat put it, to "prohibit criticism".

The best selling book that was the result of the Republican party buying truckloads of it.

Good job Junior.
 
KNUS radio host Craig Silverman fired midshow for criticizing Trump

Host of a right-wing radio show was fired in the middle of the program.

Reading the comments was interesting. Unsurprisingly, the Trump supporters were echoing the Trump/GOP talking points with the impeachment witnesses being "all second or third person hearsay" being the most prominent. One even went so far as to claim that Dems have "tried to impeach every Republican president since Eisenhower". You can't convince people this stupid they're wrong.

I cannot bring myself to believe that there are actually Americans who A) watched the so-called witnesses without laughing when all it turned out to be nothing more than hearsay and B) haven’t picked up on the fact that a) the Dems have tried to impeach every republican president since Eisenhower, and b) since his election the MSM and Dems have attacked EVERY move he has made. My concern is that the public education system has reduced the intelligence of my Fellow Americans to the point that they can no longer see all these baseless attacks have to be going on for a reason and have never even wondered why? What are they so afraid of, these Dems, that they feel they MUST remove him from office. Odd, huh?
 
Last edited:
Then again, I might not vote for Pence over Trump. Unlike Trump, he's a sincere Republican and sincere fundy.

I generally don't consider Pence and "sincere" to be a good match, given his history.

That rather takes the shine of Fredo's "best-selling" book, doesn't it? You know, the one about how the left is trying to silence the right. Or, as Ziggurat put it, to "prohibit criticism".

What shine? It is transparent BS intended to play on GOP reality reversal propaganda and little else.
 
Barr's bizarre mirror universe theory of conservatism, in a speech to the "non-partisan" Federalist Society:

I am concerned that the deck has become stacked against the Executive.... More and more, the President’s ability to act in areas in which he has discretion has become smothered by the encroachments of the other branches.

Linky.

This is the same man who made a speech about the evils of secularism is now saying the "other side" (what a great viewpoint for our Justice Department) are the religious extremists. And in his imaginings, the executive branch has actually been getting weaker and Democrats invented obstruction just for Trump.
Could he be more dishonest or hypocritical?:rolleyes:

What a pig.
 
Last edited:
I find it extremely hypocritical for any Republican politician to complain about political activity by "only one party".

The republicans as of late have been extremely polarizing... You have republicans in the senate approving questionable judicial and cabinet nominations mostly along party lines. You have tax code and health care legislation that is crammed through congress without any chance for the Democrats to even give a proper reading of the bills, much less give any of their own contributions.

And now Collins is complaining about how the Democrats are not getting republicans on board, when it comes to impeachment? Where was he when McConnell was invoking the "nuclear option" to allow the republicans to approve supreme court justices? Where was he when the republicans used procedural tricks to get their tax cuts for the wealthy passed through procedural trickery?
Do you mean she, or is this a different Collins than Susan?
 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elec...iana-governor-race/ar-BBWQit3?ocid=spartanntp

It seems Trump has now twice failed to get Republicans elected in the South this year. I'm not too worried about an impeachment backlash against Democrats anymore.

I'm not worried about that AT ALL. Far too many people think that Clinton's impeachment offers insight into this one. I have never believed that. This isn't to say that they couldn't lose in November, I just don't buy the reason would have anything to do with Trump's impeachment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom