• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

“I mean, come on. The Democrats are doing focus groups to try and figure out what words to use to move the needle. The Democrats know this is political and they’re just trying to drag Trump’s name into the mud!” Lisa Booth @foxandfriends
Thank you Lisa!



True!

Rep. Doug Collins
Fact: Pelosi’s inquiry is officially the first presidential impeachment inquiry in modern history authorized by members of only one party.

Two responses suggest themselves.

The first is that there have been only two other inquiries in modern history (right?) so that means now one-third of them count.

Second, Justin Amash is not a Democrat, so that's just a lie. And, indeed, he was a Republican until he realized that he was at odds with the party over just this issue.

That's only one (now former) Republican who voted with the Democrats, to be sure, so the inquiry has fallen along party lines to a very great extent.
 
This headline made my morning. I feel a little bad for Baron but other than that, I just have to smile when Trump says his family is suffering.
I'm sure Melania is doing her best to insulate her son from Trump's world, and indeed Trump's influence. I gather she managed to bring her parents into the US so Barron does have a family around him, and I've no reason to think they're not devoted to him.
 
Hmmmm. Time to update my "Trump Orbit" diagram, methinks

[qimg]https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgxreuuhhbnzb0d/TrumpOrbit3.png?raw=1[/qimg]

If things keep up at this rate, I will have to consider a redesign to add more circles

You know what you call a group of seven convicted felons and two people under investigation? A bunch of criminals.
Trumpster fire.
 
Rep. Doug Collins
Fact: Pelosi’s inquiry is officially the first presidential impeachment inquiry in modern history authorized by members of only one party.
Two responses suggest themselves.

The first is that there have been only two other inquiries in modern history (right?) so that means now one-third of them count.

Second, Justin Amash is not a Democrat, so that's just a lie. And, indeed, he was a Republican until he realized that he was at odds with the party over just this issue.

That's only one (now former) Republican who voted with the Democrats, to be sure, so the inquiry has fallen along party lines to a very great extent.
I find it extremely hypocritical for any Republican politician to complain about political activity by "only one party".

The republicans as of late have been extremely polarizing... You have republicans in the senate approving questionable judicial and cabinet nominations mostly along party lines. You have tax code and health care legislation that is crammed through congress without any chance for the Democrats to even give a proper reading of the bills, much less give any of their own contributions.

And now Collins is complaining about how the Democrats are not getting republicans on board, when it comes to impeachment? Where was he when McConnell was invoking the "nuclear option" to allow the republicans to approve supreme court justices? Where was he when the republicans used procedural tricks to get their tax cuts for the wealthy passed through procedural trickery?
 
The Secret Service just took the Stupid Russian Whore to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to "take advantage of some down time to get portions of his annual physical out of the way". This was unscheduled and the press pool was told not to report the destination until after they arrived. He's just going to the hospital for an annual physical on a Saturday afternoon at 1600 because he has some free time.
 
The Secret Service just took the Stupid Russian Whore to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to "take advantage of some down time to get portions of his annual physical out of the way". This was unscheduled and the press pool was told not to report the destination until after they arrived. He's just going to the hospital for an annual physical on a Saturday afternoon at 1600 because he has some free time.

If the docs have the nerve to give an honest assessment we'll never get to see it anyway. Trump will probably block it with an executive order and tweet his preferred version.
 
The Secret Service just took the Stupid Russian Whore to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to "take advantage of some down time to get portions of his annual physical out of the way". This was unscheduled and the press pool was told not to report the destination until after they arrived. He's just going to the hospital for an annual physical on a Saturday afternoon at 1600 because he has some free time.

If we're lucky they'll find stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
 
If we're lucky they'll find stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Honestly I don't wish this on anyone. But I must admit, to my shame, that when I check the news first thing in the AM the word stroke come unbidden to my hopes.
 
The Secret Service just took the Stupid Russian Whore to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to "take advantage of some down time to get portions of his annual physical out of the way". This was unscheduled and the press pool was told not to report the destination until after they arrived. He's just going to the hospital for an annual physical on a Saturday afternoon at 1600 because he has some free time.

Would the Trump WH lie to us?
 
Honestly I don't wish this on anyone. But I must admit, to my shame, that when I check the news first thing in the AM the word stroke come unbidden to my hopes.

You're not the only one.
Trump was uncharacteristically subdued at the Louisiana rally.
 
Barr's bizarre mirror universe theory of conservatism, in a speech to the "non-partisan" Federalist Society:



Linky.

This is the same man who made a speech about the evils of secularism is now saying the "other side" (what a great viewpoint for our Justice Department) are the religious extremists. And in his imaginings, the executive branch has actually been getting weaker and Democrats invented obstruction just for Trump.


So, is Barr in the mirror universe, or are we in the mirror universe? :eye-poppi
 
Honestly I don't wish this on anyone. But I must admit, to my shame, that when I check the news first thing in the AM the word stroke come unbidden to my hopes.

I wouldn't care about his death as a person. As he human he isn't valuable. That said, I would prefer that the American electorate remove him from office. We need to repudiate the Trumptrash in the eyes of the world and make sure they know that they're not like us. We need to redeem the sin of his election.
 
Trump Tweets
Rep. Doug Collins
Fact: Pelosi’s inquiry is officially the first presidential impeachment inquiry in modern history authorized by members of only one party.

One of the reasons for this is that over the last two President's terms the Republicans have become more and more entrenched into a partisan position that if a Democrat was to declare that the sky was blue, the Republicans would argue against it.
 
One of the reasons for this is that over the last two President's terms the Republicans have become more and more entrenched into a partisan position that if a Democrat was to declare that the sky was blue, the Republicans would argue against it.

Flip side of your point: Trump is such a compulsive liar that, if he were to tell me it's raining, I wouldn't bother to bring an umbrella.
 
Flip side of your point: Trump is such a compulsive liar that, if he were to tell me it's raining, I wouldn't bother to bring an umbrella.

I wasn't meaning normal people, I was meaning in Congress.

Until Clinton there really wasn't this extreme partisanship that we see today. Under Clinton the Republicans started to push towards more Partisanship, mostly I think because they were unable to get over having lost after the big wins by Reagan and Bush, and so to have Bush lose after just a single term was a trigger. However even under Clinton, and the Bush #2 there was the ability to work across the isle on most things, to reach a compromise and an understand that it was better to find a middle ground with some give and take than to grind Government to a halt (though that did start to happen more under Clinton.) However despite the beginnings under Clinton, it when stratospheric under Obama when that Republicans declared that they were going to oppose anything that he tried to do. At that point even the veil of bi-partisanship went out the window, and now the Republicans have entrenched themselves into a position where they have no choice but to disagree with anything the Democrats do, even when they are being given the exact thing that they were demanding just a week before.

ETA: I mean, to show the levels of absurdness from the Republicans, under Obama a bill was sponsored to the floor by two Republicans, but when Obama stated in a speech that he supported the Bill, the entire Republican caucus voted it down, including the two members that had sponsored and written it in the first place!

and here's an interesting article on it all...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom