• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not. He's referring to an earlier call, which will somehow prove there was no quid pro quo in the later call. Maybe in the earlier call, he mentioned corruption in general and so it's all good or something.

The only reason why the first call is more important than the second is, I presume, that it's more innocent and hence proves Trump was clear as the driven snow on the second call too.


Exactly, that's not gaslighting that's blowing out the pilot light turning on the gas full and hoping everyone ends up at least brain dead.
 
I saw an article headline stating that Democrats are now shifting to using the words "bribery" and "extortion" instead of "quid pro quo". Good. Make it something the lay people can understand.

Or else it's because with the hearings coming up, they just want something easier to say?
 
You'll Trump writes...

"I will be releasing the transcript of the first, and therefore more important, phone call with the Ukrainian President before week’s end!"

Hilite added

So probably not even the same call.

I think it was originally supposed to be released yesterday, then today, now sometime this week. I expect it'll be released concurrent with his tax returns.
 
I think it was originally supposed to be released yesterday, then today, now sometime this week. I expect it'll be released concurrent with his tax returns.


If that's the case then perhaps the first call is more important and a crap load worse.
 
I think it was originally supposed to be released yesterday, then today, now sometime this week. I expect it'll be released concurrent with his tax returns.

They haven't finished the editing yet to add the Ukraine president declaring the call 'perfect' and Trump 'The Chosen One'.
 
You'll Trump writes...

"I will be releasing the transcript of the first, and therefore more important, phone call with the Ukrainian President before week’s end!"

Hilite added

So probably not even the same call.

What the hell is wrong with Trump? Does he really think because he didn't extort Ukraine on one call it somehow nullifies the call where he did?
 
I saw an article headline stating that Democrats are now shifting to using the words "bribery" and "extortion" instead of "quid pro quo". Good. Make it something the laay people can understand.

Or else it's because with the hearings coming up, they just want something easier to say?
It’s where they should have started, IMO. Better late than never.

Also I have a theory about somewhat obscure phrases. I think they get in the way of a message, because if you don’t know what it means, you feel dumb, and that becomes a cognitive block, making it harder to take in other information. Plus “quid pro quo” is kind of hard to say and it will be more fun to hear Trump say “No extortion!”
 
What the hell is wrong with Trump? Does he really think because he didn't extort Ukraine on one call it somehow nullifies the call where he did?

My only surmise is that he wants to keep the "read the transcript" narrative and sound bite talking point going. Unfortunately, he then needs a transcript that doesn't inculpate him.
 
Had Congress even authorized the aid package when this earlier conversation happened?

I don't really know anything about this other call. But it's irrelevant.

It's like pointing to the evening when you didn't murder your wife as proof you couldn't have murdered your wife.
 
If that's the case then perhaps the first call is more important and a crap load worse.
I think it will go something like this:

“Now Volod, I want to make one thing perfectly clear: While it would be nice if you looked at corruption and found the server and all, and while a public statement would be something you might want to consider, you do know that none of that is required for you to get military aid? Because that’s a whole separate thing. You know you’ll get the missiles anyway, right? No strings attached, we just want Ukraine to be able to defend itself in case somebody - could be anybody - decides they want to take a little piece of your lovely country? I mean, God forbid that should happen, but if someone starts driving tanks all over your country, we want you to be able to stop them, and that has zilch, zero, nada to do with any little things you might do for me, as a friend, with regard to what Mr. Giuliani might have mentioned? I mean, it would be nice if you did those things, but it’s silly to think that we *require* you do those things, right? Isn’t that a silly thought? Tell me you know how silly that is. Hah. Hah-hah, right?”
 
I must confess I come to US Politics to escape the absurdity of UK politics. One slight ray of light over here : Corbyn seems to have twigged that his best weapon is "Vote Johnson, get Trump". From bus-stop conversations and the like I've found the universal reaction to Trump is "There's something very wrong with that guy". Sadly, too many people don't recognise that the same things are wrong with Johnson, with just a slight difference in scale.
yep, I'm from the UK but live in Australia. Australian politics are still reasonably sane by US and UK standards.

I wish Corbyn would just step aside. He's not the man for the Job and England will never vote for him. He's old and out of date. I have no doubt he has good intentions (I have always voted Labour, I have never seen a Tory candidate that I thought could ever represent me - too different - their background so removed from mine I dont know how they could represent me and my interests).

As for Trump, I am beginning to think the issue in the USA is education. I mean Trump is such a car crash I feel any charismatic likable younger (but not necessarily young) could take Trump apart in an instant second. For goodness sake it's not hard to make him look foolish, dozens of comedians are doing it every single week.

I have said this before, probably on this thread. I can understand where the middle class frustrations in the US come from - the whole elephant curve thing and though I definitely don't agree with the policies that are coming out of the WH I understand how they are playing the political game of pandering to these peoples frustrations but what I don't get is how they chose Trump who I would have thought to most people apart from the really dumb is so totally transparent to be a complete bumbling idiot - to the extent he is probably mentally ill.

It would be interesting to see what would happen to the GOP if Trump lost 2020 really badly, I am guessing it would change in an instant and Trump will be vilified and the GOP take a side step to the left.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

I will be releasing the transcript of the first, and therefore more important, phone call with the Ukrainian President before week’s end!

Uh huh. Right alone with his tax returns. One bigly bundle of info. :rolleyes:

I expect it'll be released concurrent with his tax returns.

Damn you, Trebuchet. :) :) :)
 
Last edited:
I think it will go something like this:

“Now Volod, I want to make one thing perfectly clear: While it would be nice if you looked at corruption and found the server and all, and while a public statement would be something you might want to consider, you do know that none of that is required for you to get military aid? Because that’s a whole separate thing. You know you’ll get the missiles anyway, right? No strings attached, we just want Ukraine to be able to defend itself in case somebody - could be anybody - decides they want to take a little piece of your lovely country? I mean, God forbid that should happen, but if someone starts driving tanks all over your country, we want you to be able to stop them, and that has zilch, zero, nada to do with any little things you might do for me, as a friend, with regard to what Mr. Giuliani might have mentioned? I mean, it would be nice if you did those things, but it’s silly to think that we *require* you do those things, right? Isn’t that a silly thought? Tell me you know how silly that is. Hah. Hah-hah, right?”
"Rudy! Make him an offer he can't refuse!"
 
I don't really know anything about this other call. But it's irrelevant.

It's like pointing to the evening when you didn't murder your wife as proof you couldn't have murdered your wife.

Agreed. I just thought it would be even funnier if the aid package was not even something that could have been a bribery tool at the time.
 
If the GOP ditch Trump before the election for whatever reason (impeachment or some other tipping point where the Republicans finally turn on him in numbers) then I think the GOP will win. I can't see them getting there with Trump though.

Completely disagree. If Dump's not on the ballot, his rabid supporters, such as those who go to his rallies, won't give a damn who is running in his place. GOP turnout would drop like a rock. For example, if Dump dies then Pence would likely be his replacement. Who gives a **** about Pence?
 
Trump Retweeted

Ivanka Trump
@IvankaTrump
It is an honor to serve our great Country and fight for America’s workers! ����
Team Trump
@TeamTrump
 
I saw an article headline stating that Democrats are now shifting to using the words "bribery" and "extortion" instead of "quid pro quo". Good. Make it something the lay people can understand.

Or else it's because with the hearings coming up, they just want something easier to say?

Those are not the only options, nor are the options mutually exclusive. If Schlump actually committed bribery, then that word should be used, wouldn’t you say?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom