• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the award ceremony was going to be occurring in California, and it was not practical given her schedule to suddenly detour so far (she's in Canada right now) to accept the award. Really, is that such a difficult conclusion to draw?

She actually says she's in California. The awards ceremony was held in Stockholm.
 
It means she's skipped Seattle and Portland. Well maybe, she could double back, but I thought those would be the next two stops. She's got a month to get to Santiago.

My guess, and this is just a WAG is that she's going to meet up with those climate activists who sailed from The Netherlands to Rio de Janeiro and link up with them. Nothing concrete on how everybody is going to get back to Europe.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'm wondering where dear old daddy Thunberg is in all this. He never shows up in photos and he's never mentioned. I think this is intentional, part of giving the illusion that Greta is traveling "alone" whereas reality probably has her with an entourage, including a film crew.
 
It means she's skipped Seattle and Portland. Well maybe, she could double back, but I thought those would be the next two stops. She's got a month to get to Santiago.

My guess, and this is just a WAG is that she's going to meet up with those climate activists who sailed from The Netherlands to Rio de Janeiro and link up with them. Nothing concrete on how everybody is going to get back to Europe.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'm wondering where dear old daddy Thunberg is in all this. He never shows up in photos and he's never mentioned. I think this is intentional, part of giving the illusion that Greta is traveling "alone" whereas reality probably has her with an entourage, including a film crew.

Thanks for the travelogue. Brave? Or disturbed?
 
It means she's skipped Seattle and Portland. Well maybe, she could double back, but I thought those would be the next two stops. She's got a month to get to Santiago.

My guess, and this is just a WAG is that she's going to meet up with those climate activists who sailed from The Netherlands to Rio de Janeiro and link up with them. Nothing concrete on how everybody is going to get back to Europe.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'm wondering where dear old daddy Thunberg is in all this. He never shows up in photos and he's never mentioned. I think this is intentional, part of giving the illusion that Greta is traveling "alone" whereas reality probably has her with an entourage, including a film crew.

There will definitely be a film crew I would imagine.

It is needed for when they release the documentary at Cannes
 
Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'm wondering where dear old daddy Thunberg is in all this. He never shows up in photos and he's never mentioned. I think this is intentional, part of giving the illusion that Greta is traveling "alone" whereas reality probably has her with an entourage, including a film crew.


He was with her on the royal racing boat, wasn't he?
 
He was with her on the royal racing boat, wasn't he?

Yes. And of course she is the activist, and the one being invited to give these appearances, not her father; so naturally he would not be sharing the stage with her at these events.

I don't recall seeing Emma Watson's parents showcased alongside her during her own visits to the UN in past years, either.
 
Yes. And of course she is the activist, and the one being invited to give these appearances, not her father; so naturally he would not be sharing the stage with her at these events.

I don't recall seeing Emma Watson's parents showcased alongside her during her own visits to the UN in past years, either.

Probably because Watson was about 25?
 
Yes. And of course she is the activist, and the one being invited to give these appearances, not her father; so naturally he would not be sharing the stage with her at these events.

I don't recall seeing Emma Watson's parents showcased alongside her during her own visits to the UN in past years, either.


Just checked and there is no short supply of her with her father on the royal racing boat. Here is one from yacht.de with Greta, her father and the skipper (fltr).
 
Probably just need to reconsider condemning other people's skill with the English language.
Excuse me. My mistake was in my brain, not in my language.

No, but apparently it is for you..
My point still remains. Just exchange California with Sweden and the meaning is the same. It was a simple cognitive swap.
 
Call it a conspiracy theory if you want but I'm wondering where dear old daddy Thunberg is in all this. He never shows up in photos and he's never mentioned. I think this is intentional, part of giving the illusion that Greta is traveling "alone" whereas reality probably has her with an entourage, including a film crew.

As best as I can tell, you made up a strawman. She's the activist, not him, so he's in the background. They made no secret of his presence on the boat. He's not a secret, he's just not the focus. I have not seen anything suggesting she is travelling alone.

She's probably not going to Chile, the Climate Change Conference there has been cancelled due to civil unrest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom