Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur
The UN is the organisation coordinating the publishing of the IPCC reports. That is a massive task.
Indeed..
All those reports, but no real solutions..
The UN is the organisation coordinating the publishing of the IPCC reports. That is a massive task.
Evidence?
That's pretty much what Greta says. It's amazing how so many people come out to criticize Greta by making the same points she's making.
Now show me this is what is actually happening. I didn't see the part of kids declaring to become the solution on the recent news.
They cut school Friday to march, not stayed in school to learn. A whole lot of them.
Oh for pity's sake, look around you. There is a worldwide movement going that she started.
Lol
I think you might find it's been going on since before she was born.
Where and when? And if you are going to be anywhere near comparable, come up with marches involving over 100 countries and millions of people. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2019_climate_strikes
I could swear those goal posts were closer earlier
It is almost like someone moved them to about 5 mile away
Some of us actually just read what people write.It is obvious to all that SG was referring to the movement started by Greta. That’s where the posts are. Care to have a shot? Because if it was a movement comparable to that in 2019 many people would want to know about it.
Asperger Syndrome is an Autism Spectrum Disorder.Despite the fact that I don't entirely agree with everything she said I wish her well. She's troubled and it goes beyond her concern about global warming. I'm not familiar with Asperger's disorder. Is it a personality disorder?
Some of us actually just read what people write.
Good on you speaking for other posters though.
Sent from my SM-J111M using Tapatalk
There is a worldwide movement going that she started
I think you might find it’s been going on since before she was born
I'm thinking you'll have to wait longer than that.On a positive note, when do you suppose we're going to see a reduction in global CO2 emissions as a result of this movement. I know it's a little late for 2019 but I"m sure looking forward to the good news for 2020.
You are saying the people who are not listening to scientists, are listening to Greta, who is telling them to listen to scientists.
Brilliant.
I'm thinking you'll have to wait longer than that.
All the kids that are responding to her message are gonna have to go back to class, and graduate, and get jobs... Some of them are gonna have to get elected to high office... Some are gonna have to raise millions of dollars in campaign funds and lobbying... Some are going to have to join think tanks, and write policy papers, etc. It's going to be quite a few years, I think, before Thunberg's audience is in a position to make a change.
On a positive note, when do you suppose we're going to see a reduction in global CO2 emissions as a result of this movement.
I'm thinking you'll have to wait longer than that.
All the kids that are responding to her message are gonna have to go back to class, and graduate, and get jobs... Some of them are gonna have to get elected to high office... Some are gonna have to raise millions of dollars in campaign funds and lobbying... Some are going to have to join think tanks, and write policy papers, etc. It's going to be quite a few years, I think, before Thunberg's audience is in a position to make a change.
No panic I can see. But a portion of that number of kids won't remember next week and others won't vote like you think. Hopefully = most - do stay on it and try to make smarter decisions and vote where it helps.
Where I am the eco friendly party is small and when the chips are down don't always do the greenest choices. So voting is rather shooting craps.
The real difference is in life choices. No need to wait to start the fix there. Lots of small things anyone over 8 could do.