• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can read what you posted you know. This is what you responded to:

You do realise that isn't my post?

Their post was answering this post of mine

"We will all be doomed to die in 11 years"

ie We will be doomed to catastrophe in 11 years. (Using the UN's opinion)

They made up their end of the world bit

Edit: Apologies. Quoted the wrong post
 
Last edited:
I didn't say the world would end in 11 years

That is something EHocking made up
Try reading what I actuallyposted.

And that was that GRETA DID NOT SAY THIS.
I was reponding to your claim that she did.
We know already

We will all be doomed to die in 11 years

Greta told us

We must all listen to Greta, as Greta is the one..... Like Neo
Stop pretending that you did not claim that Greta, and the UN said we are all doomed in 11 years

I actually linked to, and quoted, an article explaining how the "in 11 year we'll die" is an invention, an intentional disinterpretation of what was stated by both the UN and by Thunberg
 
Try reading what I actuallyposted.

And that was that GRETA DID NOT SAY THIS.
I was reponding to your claim that she did.
Stop pretending that you did not claim that Greta, and the UN said we are all doomed in 11 years

I actually linked to, and quoted, an article explaining how the "in 11 year we'll die" is an invention, an intentional disinterpretation of what was stated by both the UN and by Thunberg

You were quoting my post

I never said she did say it.

I said her and the UN say we will be doomed in 11 years, which is what they have said.

IE in 11 years there is no turning back

Forgive me for assuming you knew what "doomed" means.

It means in the future
 
ETA : the above is what Greta has always stated, not your blatant misrepresentation of what you say she has stated on the subject.[/QUOTE]

By small number of people do you mean the UN

https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/ga12131.doc.htm

Did you actually read what the UN said?
It is obvious that you did not, nor did you bother to read this post that actually explains your deliberate misrepresentation of what the UN says.

Perhaps if you actually knew what the issues she raises is all about, you would lose the snideness.

What Does '12 Years to Act on Climate Change' (Now 11 Years) Really Mean?
"There's certainly a grain of truth in the phrase, but it's so oversimplified that it leads to comically bad misconceptions about how to get there, conjuring up ridiculous cartoon imagery suggesting we just go on with life normally for the next 11 years and then the world ends," Denning said.

That's not what the IPCC writers envisioned, he said.​
 
ETA : the above is what Greta has always stated, not your blatant misrepresentation of what you say she has stated on the subject.



Did you actually read what the UN said?
It is obvious that you did not, nor did you bother to read this post that actually explains your deliberate misrepresentation of what the UN says.

From the link

"General Assembly President María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés (Ecuador) warned the gathering in her opening remarks, stressing that 11 years are all that remain to avert catastrophe. "

Or "doom"
 
Last edited:
From the link

"General Assembly President María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés (Ecuador) warned the gathering in her opening remarks, stressing that 11 years are all that remain to avert catastrophe. "

Or "doom"

indeed.
In 11 years we won't be able to save the coastlines - the damage will be in the trillions, deaths in the millions.
But I guess you want to see it to believe.
 
We know already

We will all be doomed to die in 11 years

Greta told us

We must all listen to Greta, as Greta is the one..... Like Neo

From the link

"General Assembly President María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés (Ecuador) warned the gathering in her opening remarks, stressing that 11 years are all that remain to avert catastrophe. "

Or "doom"
I expect you think that your semantic “gotcha” seems to be a win, but no one except for you stated we’re “doomed to die” and then accredited Thunberg with the statement.

No definition of “catastrophe” (besides the sad attempt above) equates to “doomed to die”.
 
I think she is pretty cool if she really insists that we should trust science - I mean sure, I haven't seen her speak but certainly she might be bit shrill (what do you expect from a teenager), but so refreshing that natural science is respected these days. Very nice.
 
Last edited:
Personally as a poster moot point really

I have had a warning from zooterkin for this thread, so I think I will be avoiding it.

That's too bad, but to be expected as this topic is pretty close to religion and Thunberg is about as close to a prophet as you can get. The prophet used to be Al Gore and we all watch An Inconvenient Truth, experienced the same amount of dread that we're experiencing now and....did nothing.

Weer Thunberg not lecturing us we'd be describing her as an indigo child who's parents indulged her every whim. Don't believe me, then research the book that the Thunberg family wrote and you see why she looks like a 10 year old. You won't be able to read it as it's only available in Swedish however it is rapidly being translated into other language$.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter whether someone is a climate change denier or carrying a sigh demanding that somebody do something, the result has been the same.

Still no evidence that criticisms of Thunberg are rooted in misogyny ? Of course not. See what I mean about this topic being close to religion.
 
They have listened to the scientists and not just ignored them but directly attacked them. I don't know why Greta, I guess it's just the butterfly effect. At least people are listening to someone who is telling them to give the scientists another hearing.

You are saying the people who are not listening to scientists, are listening to Greta, who is telling them to listen to scientists.

Brilliant.
 
That's too bad, but to be expected as this topic is pretty close to religion and Thunberg is about as close to a prophet as you can get. The prophet used to be Al Gore and we all watch An Inconvenient Truth, experienced the same amount of dread that we're experiencing now and....did nothing.

Weer Thunberg not lecturing us we'd be describing her as an indigo child who's parents indulged her every whim. Don't believe me, then research the book that the Thunberg family wrote and you see why she looks like a 10 year old. You won't be able to read it as it's only available in Swedish however it is rapidly being translated into other language$.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter whether someone is a climate change denier or carrying a sigh demanding that somebody do something, the result has been the same.

Still no evidence that criticisms of Thunberg are rooted in misogyny ? Of course not. See what I mean about this topic being close to religion.

You remind me of a creationist trying to belittle atheists by claiming Richard Dawkins is a prophet. That's nonsense too.

By the way, no one outside of North America cares at all about Al Gore. I'm willing to bet most people within North America don't even know who he is anymore. He isn't involved in climate science in any way. He's pretty irrelevant. Yet for some reason he's a sad obsession for some climate change denying conspiracy theorists. Perhaps you could explain why.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom