• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way about her talking in front of governments That I do when Jon Stewart does it. It is just dumb. We don't need a formal hearing so concerned citizens can get a platform.
They have listened to the scientists and not just ignored them but directly attacked them. I don't know why Greta, I guess it's just the butterfly effect. At least people are listening to someone who is telling them to give the scientists another hearing.
 
How about clipping off the end extremes of both sides and finding a sensible, possible middle route to good changes?

No need to shout in the streets at all, make the electric cars for us to buy, build those windfarms and solar arrays.

I would be all in on affordable, durable solar. I would love an electric bike that used common parts. Or a conversion kit for the bike I ride now. Where is this stuff?
Global warming discussions belong in a different thread.
 
I feel the same way about her talking in front of governments That I do when Jon Stewart does it. It is just dumb. We don't need a formal hearing so concerned citizens can get a platform.

Do you know how stupid this sounds when you consider who the people in that government are?



:dl:
 
The need for action is very urgent, there is a dire situation for the whole globe rapidly evovling. Scientists are saying we need to act urgently to prevent it. So I guess she is just repeating what she has learned from them. I don't see a problem there.

We know already

We will all be doomed to die in 11 years

Greta told us

We must all listen to Greta, as Greta is the one..... Like Neo
 
We know already

We will all be doomed to die in 11 years

Greta told us

We must all listen to Greta, as Greta is the one..... Like Neo
Perhaps if you actually knew what the issues she raises is all about, you would lose the snideness.

What Does '12 Years to Act on Climate Change' (Now 11 Years) Really Mean?
"There's certainly a grain of truth in the phrase, but it's so oversimplified that it leads to comically bad misconceptions about how to get there, conjuring up ridiculous cartoon imagery suggesting we just go on with life normally for the next 11 years and then the world ends," Denning said.

That's not what the IPCC writers envisioned, he said.​

ETA : the above is what Greta has always stated, not your blatant misrepresentation of what you say she has stated on the subject.
 
Last edited:
Are you doing this deliberately or not? That link does not say the world will end in 11 years. It says action must be taken to prevent long term damage.

I didn't say the world would end in 11 years

That is something EHocking made up
 
As you appear to need help with reading what people actually said.

Catastrophe - "a momentous tragic event ranging from extreme misfortune to utter overthrow or ruin"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom