• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, no offence but you need to up your game.

If you want to meet Greta's standards this post has to be at least twice as infuriated. I wasn't even convinced you were about to burst into tears typing it.

And you are not a right wing climate denier. You are simply echoing their talking points.
 
And you are not a right wing climate denier. You are simply echoing their talking points.

You seem to have confused me with someone else.

Either that or you are knowingly trying to label wrong views on me.

Please stop doing this if it the later.
 
Then what is your problem? Why these tantrums about how some little girl is making you really, really annoyed?

This thread is called "Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?"

I took this as a thread to post opinions on Greta Thunberg.

You seem to think me doing this is odd, as it isn't about climate change.
 
I didn't need an irritating 16 year old with zero life experience or education to tell me what is the bleedn obvious.

Sent from my SM-J111M using Tapatalk

Wasn't it Greta who said that the Samsung's Galaxy J1 Ace VE SM-J111M is for total losers?* I might be misremembering...



*
Tapatalk's a bitch, ain't it"
 
I bothered to listen to some of her speeches, it's all over the news again.

The bottomless shaming without offering a solution comes up short. Listen to the scientists could be choose one that says what we want to hear.

I doubt she writes her own speeches, I doubt she researched the claims she makes.
As a voice of some group of environmentalists she fits the bill perfectly, but I can't help to look for the ones behind her, and their motives.

Yes, we should not be wrecking earth but it isn't going to be destroyed in a short period of time. Stop with the shock tactics and offer solutions acceptable to that group, I might even agree they are good. And stop the attempts at shaming, its lame.
Let's say we agree and she is being exploited, used and is nothing but a mouth piece for a "them", what is wrong with what she is being forced into saying?
 
Apart from the ******** the world is going to end any moment message she goes on about, where did I say she was wrong?
Hang on a moment, you just said you'd listened to her for the first time....

Like I said you really aren't using your A game.
 
Wasn't it Greta who said that the Samsung's Galaxy J1 Ace VE SM-J111M is for total losers?* I might be misremembering...



*
Tapatalk's a bitch, ain't it"

Tell my work

Can you do it as over-dramatic as Greta please?

They might even replace it with an S10
 
Hang on a moment, you just said you'd listened to her for the first time....

Like I said you really aren't using your A game.

I said I watched her for the first time.

Darat

Let me introduce you to thing called the media and the internet.

They have these things call articles with written quotes and headlines.

Would you like me to post and example?
 
Her presence is an embarrassment for her and everyone in the room. She is not a scientist. She is taking up a seat where one should be.
She might well agree - Congress should be listening to scientists, not her.
ETA: I changed my mind. Her clown show is a perfect fit in the circus that is Congress.
From my point of view her generation has good reason to be ticked off. They're going to live longer with environmental depredation than I will. If she's passionate enough to attract attention, good. Rationality doesn't seem to help much.

We gropes probably ought to get chewed out by teenagers more often. Maybe I'll make that an assignment.
 
One prominent Trumper pundit has claimed that the fact Thunberg's hair is braided proves she is a Nazi.


Just like Thunberg's compatriot Pippi Longstocking! :)

Dad Shows How to Create Pippi Longstocking Braids (CuteGirlsHairstyles, Oct. 25, 2015)

A biography of Astrid Lindgren suggests her famous redhead heroine was created to defy Hitler.
(...)
Jens Andersen argues that Pippi - who rejects all forms of authority and is particularly adept at disarming displays of male aggression - owes her curious combination of exuberance and pathological pacifism to Hitler.
Lindgren's hatred for totalitarian ideologies - those of Stalin and Mussolini, too, as well as of the Führer - is detailed at length in the excellent A World Gone Mad: The Wartime Diaries of Astrid Lindgren.
The woman behind Pippi Longstocking (Independent.ie, May 13, 2018)
 
Last edited:
One of the more odder things I saw in the last few days reading about her is I came across a discussion on her Wiki Talk page arguing over why it can't have her full name. It isn't on there.
 
This thread is called "Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?"

I took this as a thread to post opinions on Greta Thunberg.

You seem to think me doing this is odd, as it isn't about climate change.

Errrr...she campaigns on climate change, so it really is.

I think she is pretty brave given how much she puts up with all the slime being thrown her way by a lot of guys losing their **** when they see her. In fact the people attacking her give every impression of being the ones who are deeply disturbed.
 
One of the more odder things I saw in the last few days reading about her is I came across a discussion on her Wiki Talk page arguing over why it can't have her full name. It isn't on there.

I suggest taking a break from all this feverish research into a person who is not worth listening to and who irritates you as much as you say. It can’t be healthy.
 
She might well agree - Congress should be listening to scientists, not her.
From my point of view her generation has good reason to be ticked off. They're going to live longer with environmental depredation than I will. If she's passionate enough to attract attention, good. Rationality doesn't seem to help much.

We gropes probably ought to get chewed out by teenagers more often. Maybe I'll make that an assignment.

Passion carries zero weight with me as a value.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom