• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! This happens to be Greta Thunberg's core message to politicians: "Please listen to the scientists!"
I didn't need an irritating 16 year old with zero life experience or education to tell me what is the bleedn obvious.

Sent from my SM-J111M using Tapatalk
 
I didn't need an irritating 16 year old with zero life experience or education to tell me what is the bleedn obvious.

Sent from my SM-J111M using Tapatalk

I’m sure she will be devastated that you are not listening to her. She will have to console herself with the millions that are.
 
I bothered to listen to some of her speeches, it's all over the news again.

The bottomless shaming without offering a solution comes up short. Listen to the scientists could be choose one that says what we want to hear.

I doubt she writes her own speeches, I doubt she researched the claims she makes.
As a voice of some group of environmentalists she fits the bill perfectly, but I can't help to look for the ones behind her, and their motives.

Yes, we should not be wrecking earth but it isn't going to be destroyed in a short period of time. Stop with the shock tactics and offer solutions acceptable to that group, I might even agree they are good. And stop the attempts at shaming, its lame.
 
I bothered to listen to some of her speeches, it's all over the news again.

The bottomless shaming without offering a solution comes up short. Listen to the scientists could be choose one that says what we want to hear.

I doubt she writes her own speeches, I doubt she researched the claims she makes.
As a voice of some group of environmentalists she fits the bill perfectly, but I can't help to look for the ones behind her, and their motives.

Yes, we should not be wrecking earth but it isn't going to be destroyed in a short period of time. Stop with the shock tactics and offer solutions acceptable to that group, I might even agree they are good. And stop the attempts at shaming, its lame.

^^^^

This
 
I bothered to listen to some of her speeches, it's all over the news again.

The bottomless shaming without offering a solution comes up short. Listen to the scientists could be choose one that says what we want to hear.

I doubt she writes her own speeches, I doubt she researched the claims she makes.
As a voice of some group of environmentalists she fits the bill perfectly, but I can't help to look for the ones behind her, and their motives.

Yes, we should not be wrecking earth but it isn't going to be destroyed in a short period of time. Stop with the shock tactics and offer solutions acceptable to that group, I might even agree they are good. And stop the attempts at shaming, its lame.
It's not like we don't know what the solutions are.
 
^^^^

This

This? What!!

The person being shamed is Greta. Do you agree that global warming is not so bad and will take a while to happen?

Where is the evidence others wrote her speeches? And that she has done no research?

This? ********
 
Last edited:
This? What!!

The person being shamed is Greta. Do you agree that global warming is not so bad and will take a while to happen?

Where is the evidence others wrote her speeches? And that she has done no research?

This? Bullshiit.

I don't think it is as imminent as her hysterical, over-acted claims.

"I doubt she writes her own speeches"

"I doubt she researched the claims she makes."
 
A broad range of scientists when the topic is something as broad as climate change is the usual.

Climatologists, geologists yadda yadda yadda

You argue the same thing as here, but you think she’s wrong because you don’t like her voice?

That’s rather snowflakey, no?
 
This? What!!

The person being shamed is Greta. Do you agree that global warming is not so bad and will take a while to happen?

Where is the evidence others wrote her speeches? And that she has done no research?

This? ********

And, no offence but you need to up your game.

If you want to meet Greta's standards this post has to be at least twice as infuriated. I wasn't even convinced you were about to burst into tears typing it.
 
She's just a kid, you can't blame her. Blame the people who called her to come speak instead of a scientist. They shouldn't put her in the spotlight like this, it's child exploitation.

that is a very patronizing thing to say.
She is 16. And from all that we know, she is very much her own person.
 
You argue the same thing as here, but you think she’s wrong because you don’t like her voice?

That’s rather snowflakey, no?

Apart from the ******** the world is going to end any moment message she goes on about, where did I say she was wrong?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom