• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
1715d67de61906c0.gif
 
It's certainly interesting, but I remain doubtful that the apparent schism will ever get very deep. I read - about a week ago - that it's Lachlan Murdoch who is more holding the Fox reins these days than is Rupert, and that same article suggested Lachlan is less of a trump fan than his father.

I tried to find the article earlier, but ended up distracted by an article about the CEO who replaced Ailes - Suzanne Scott - and her approach to running things.

Either way. The point is that Fox's editorial policy of support for Trump hasn't been because the company genuinely supports him (although some of the hosts clearly do - Hannity is an unofficial adviser to the White House, for example). It was because it seemed like the best way to make money. If it's sensed that the wind is changing - Trump is losing his support, or is about to lose his support - then Fox will turn on him. Perhaps even going the "Pence was the real power behind the throne, who did all the good stuff! Trump had us all fooled!" route. Perhaps they'll start backing Joe Walsh.

And that does seem to be the way they're heading. Fox has been more critical of Trump over the last few weeks, and Trump has spoken out against Fox over the last few weeks.

The way I look at it is this: The Murdoch's allegedly hate Trump, so they're not being driven by loyalty to the man. If it becomes clear to them that Trump is going to lose the 2020 election, or that impeachment is going to go ahead and that the things that are going to come out are going to have the same effect on Trump that the things that came out about Nixon did to him, then are they going to want to be the one mainstream news outlet left supporting him? I highly doubt it. There would be nothing in it for them. Instead I'd expect them to find some way to spin their former support of Trump into a positive in a landscape where their desired audience no longer supports him.
 
2 hrs - ....for the most ridiculous claim of all, that Russia, Russia, Russia, or Russian oligarchs, co-signed loan documents for me, a guarantee. Totally false, as is virtually everything else he, and much of the rest of the LameStream Media, has said about me for years. ALL APOLOGIZE! ...

... Or I'll scream and scream and stamp my feet until I'm sick.
 
https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/1166823264448065536

the image at the end of the video Trump tweeted earlier was popular amongst the fascists of Lion Guard and the white supremacists of Vdare in 2016

Pictures embedded in tweet.

https://twitter.com/jessicashortall/status/1166911009405227008

Holy. ****.
Vd*re, if you’re not aware, is a white supremacist organization. Named for Virginia Dare, the first (white) Wnglish child born in the “New World.”
(Yes, no one should be surprised. I’m not surprised. By I retain my capacity to be horrified.)

[...]

Hey big ******* surprise, Vd*re has talked about a “Mexican invasion.”
A lot of people were just murdered in El Paso on that exact premise.
You’re all - every politician not saying what this is - you’re all cowards, and I will never forget it.

Yes this is the same org you just read about

Jared Holt
‏The Justice Department has been sending all immigration court employees links to articles on VDARE, a well-documented outlet for racist and white nationalist commentary, reports @haleaziz

This same org

Jane Coaston
The VDare Foundation gave $35K to Richard Spencer to fund the creation of “Alternative Right”, a magazine (and the origin of the term ‘alt right’) that asked such critical questions as "Is Black Genocide Right?”

Articles and tweets embedded in tweets.
 
Either way. The point is that Fox's editorial policy of support for Trump hasn't been because the company genuinely supports him (although some of the hosts clearly do - Hannity is an unofficial adviser to the White House, for example). It was because it seemed like the best way to make money. If it's sensed that the wind is changing - Trump is losing his support, or is about to lose his support - then Fox will turn on him. Perhaps even going the "Pence was the real power behind the throne, who did all the good stuff! Trump had us all fooled!" route. Perhaps they'll start backing Joe Walsh.

And that does seem to be the way they're heading. Fox has been more critical of Trump over the last few weeks, and Trump has spoken out against Fox over the last few weeks.

The way I look at it is this: The Murdoch's allegedly hate Trump, so they're not being driven by loyalty to the man. If it becomes clear to them that Trump is going to lose the 2020 election, or that impeachment is going to go ahead and that the things that are going to come out are going to have the same effect on Trump that the things that came out about Nixon did to him, then are they going to want to be the one mainstream news outlet left supporting him? I highly doubt it. There would be nothing in it for them. Instead I'd expect them to find some way to spin their former support of Trump into a positive in a landscape where their desired audience no longer supports him.

I certainly think that losing the election is the way Trump will go out. I don’t see any chance of impeachment, frankly.

The thing is that while Nixon resigned because he knew he had lost any support from Congress that could have prevented impeachment, the current Republican Party are so tied to Trump that they can’t plausibly distance themselves from him now. I mean the Republican Congressional Committee have T-Shirts with Greenland on them.

It’s funny that until recently, Nixon was always the by-word for a lunatic as president. In Misery, James Caan realizes Kathy Bates is crazy when he is looking through her scrapbook and finds a campaign flyer saying Vote Nixon. But really, Nixon looks the model of decorum at his moment of disgrace reading his resignation speech. I can’t imagine Trump ever saying any of this (except “America First”) and I can’t imagine enough members of the Republican Party deserting him - the non-lunatic fringe is too small:

https://youtu.be/lzXL7C0JQDM
 
The thing is that while Nixon resigned because he knew he had lost any support from Congress that could have prevented impeachment, the current Republican Party are so tied to Trump that they can’t plausibly distance themselves from him now. I mean the Republican Congressional Committee have T-Shirts with Greenland on them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Republican support for Trump will end when it becomes clear that ending support him is a worse move than continuing to endorse him. I think very few in the Republican party are supporting him because they genuinely think he's a swell guy. I think he's a means to an end, and when he becomes a liability then he will be dropped.
 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Republican support for Trump will end when it becomes clear that ending support him is a worse move than continuing to endorse him. I think very few in the Republican party are supporting him because they genuinely think he's a swell guy. I think he's a means to an end, and when he becomes a liability then he will be dropped.

Well remember Nixon was in the days when obstruction of justice was something at least some of the republican base cared about. Now they all just say it is business as usual and don't care.
 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Republican support for Trump will end when it becomes clear that ending support him is a worse move than continuing to endorse him. I think very few in the Republican party are supporting him because they genuinely think he's a swell guy. I think he's a means to an end, and when he becomes a liability then he will be dropped.

A liability only means electoral liability. They don’t give a toss about whether the President has behaved unethically. Frankly I don’t think Republican voters care either. The only way Trump becomes electoral liability is if the economy gets worse.
 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Republican support for Trump will end when it becomes clear that ending support him is a worse move than continuing to endorse him. I think very few in the Republican party are supporting him because they genuinely think he's a swell guy. I think he's a means to an end, and when he becomes a liability then he will be dropped.

Its like how in early 2008 you suddenly couldn't find anyone who supported or voted for Bush.
 
A liability only means electoral liability. They don’t give a toss about whether the President has behaved unethically. Frankly I don’t think Republican voters care either. The only way Trump becomes electoral liability is if the economy gets worse.

A few days ago, a panel of Trump voters were asked if they'd vote for him again. Half of them said "no" while half said "yes". When one man who said "yes" was asked if it didn't bother him that Trump lies so often, his answer was "Who am I to judge him?"

What can you do with someone who thinks that they have no right to judge the POTUS for repeatedly lying to the people he supposedly works for? You just can't fight that kind of stupidity.
 
Trump the environmentalist strikes again!

From: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/29/trump-to-roll-back-methane-climate-change-regulations.html
The Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed rule would loosen restrictions on oil and gas sites to monitor and repair methane leaks from pipelines and storage facilities.

Their argument is that "methane is valuable so they are already have a reason to stop leaks. Its duplication", which makes no sense... if they are already stopping the leaks then they should have no problem complying with the previous regulations.

Even some of the oil companies are opposed to the EPA rule changes. From the article:
Fossil fuel companies including Shell, Exxon and BP have opposed the methane rule rollback and urged the EPA to continue to regulate those emissions.
 
Trump Tweets

Perhaps never in the history of our Country has someone been more thoroughly disgraced and excoriated than James Comey in the just released Inspector General’s Report. He should be ashamed of himself!
 
Trump Tweets

Perhaps never in the history of our Country has someone been more thoroughly disgraced and excoriated than James Comey in the just released Inspector General’s Report. He should be ashamed of himself!

The report that cleared Comey? That Trump was really mad about just hours ago?
 
Trump Tweets

Perhaps never in the history of our Country has someone been more thoroughly disgraced and excoriated than James Comey in the just released Inspector General’s Report. He should be ashamed of himself!

Hmm, does he know what is in the russia investigation report that says "well shucks the president committed these felonies but you can't indict a president oh well."
 
Its like how in early 2008 you suddenly couldn't find anyone who supported or voted for Bush.

Why Reagan even though a RINO by modern standards remains the only republican president that they honor. Trump is going to go the way of the Bush's and they are all going to pretend to have had nothing to do with him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom