• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EPA recently issued a statement that they will not allow cancer warnings on glyphosate labels because it would be a false claim, since they have found no evidence that it contributes to cancer. Andrew Wheeler, the Trump-appointed head of the EPA stated "It is irresponsible to require labels on products that are inaccurate when EPA knows the product does not pose a cancer risk."

While this was specifically targeting California's Proposition 65 cancer warning regulations, with the various court decisions against Monsanto regarding the carcinogenicity of Roundup, I have to wonder if it's meant to provide ammunition for appeals as well.
 
"I'd have told everyone, you know, Puerto Rico is a nice place, lotsa people, palm trees by the hundred, and people are saying Trump should've gotten there, everyone is saying that, and I should have gone there and told everyone to go to the beaches with paddles and oars and rowed the island out of the path of the hurricane, and I said, the preident of Puerto Rico, he needs only get on the phone with me and I will help them, I will send paddles, because no one gives a paddling better than me, and..."

So noble of President Trump to help those brown furiniers who aren't even a part of this country. They should be grateful.
 
Scenario... Say we both worked there. I had to take off the day prior to the visit for some reason, and decided that to avoid more time being used up, I'd attend on the day. You decided that you were taking off the day of the visit. We both worked the same number of hours. Under your suggestion, you would be paid more than me despite us working the same number of hours. How is that fair?

This scenario still boils down to the fact of one person is taking the day off voluntarily for "some reason", and the other person is forced to make the choice of attending the rally or to not. You are still left with the choice of working the day that you're taking off and rescheduling whatever your reason is for taking the day off. Something not provided during the Trump rally.
 
"I'd have told everyone, you know, Puerto Rico is a nice place, lotsa people, palm trees by the hundred, and people are saying Trump should've gotten there, everyone is saying that, and I should have gone there and told everyone to go to the beaches with paddles and oars and rowed the island out of the path of the hurricane, and I said, the president of Puerto Rico, he needs only get on the phone with me and I will help them, I will send paddles, because no one gives a paddling better than me, and..."

Errr... I think you'll find that he was there at hurricane ground zero, saved several hundred people personally, and gave everyone paddles, but the radical left AOC +4 - the face of the Dems (deal with it) - are lying and saying he wasn't even there. Fake and sad!
 
Man... can we please leave that paid/unpaid thing alone now. trump had nothing to do with whatever that arrangement was, and he's done a hundred stupid things since then for us to fight about.
 
Man... can we please leave that paid/unpaid thing alone now. trump had nothing to do with whatever that arrangement was, and he's done a hundred stupid things since then for us to fight about.

And there will be a thousand more. The same as, and this may be surprising to some, a lot of people don't really care that he's crying about *checks thread* Puerto Rico, and the awesome quips that come with paper towels, or what have you. Obviously more than one of us finds the conversation interesting. I mean, mice come with a scroll button for a reason. :thumbsup:
 
Trump Tweets

Puerto Rico is one of the most corrupt places on earth. Their political system is broken and their politicians are either Incompetent or Corrupt. Congress approved Billions of Dollars last time, more than anyplace else has ever gotten, and it is sent to Crooked Pols. No good!....

....And by the way, I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to Puerto Rico!
 
Trump Tweets

Puerto Rico is one of the most corrupt places on earth. Their political system is broken and their politicians are either Incompetent or Corrupt. Congress approved Billions of Dollars last time, more than anyplace else has ever gotten, and it is sent to Crooked Pols. No good!....

....And by the way, I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to Puerto Rico!

So he ***** all over PR and then takes credit for its current state? Seems ingenious! Wait, no. What's the opposite of that? Really stupid. Yeah, it's seems really stupid.
 
With hurricane season starting up, seems like as good as time as any to remind everyone that Trump has raided the FEMA disaster relief fund in order to pay for his concentration camps migrant detention centers.
 
Trump Tweets

Just watched @FoxNews heavily promoting the Democrats through their DNC Communications Director, spewing out whatever she wanted with zero pushback by anchor, @SandraSmithFox. Terrible considering that Fox couldn’t even land a debate, the Dems give them NOTHING! @CNN & @MSNBC....

....are all in for the Open Border Socialists (or beyond). Fox hires “give Hillary the questions” @donnabrazile, Juan Williams and low ratings Shep Smith. HOPELESS & CLUELESS! They should go all the way LEFT and I will still find a way to Win - That’s what I do, Win. Too Bad!....

....I don’t want to Win for myself, I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!
 
Trump Tweets

Our Federal Reserve cannot “mentally” keep up with the competition - other countries. At the G-7 in France, all of the other Leaders were giddy about how low their Interest Costs have gone. Germany is actually “getting paid” to borrow money - ZERO INTEREST PLUS! No Clue Fed!
 
Trump Tweets

Just watched @FoxNews heavily promoting the Democrats through their DNC Communications Director, spewing out whatever she wanted with zero pushback by anchor, @SandraSmithFox. Terrible considering that Fox couldn’t even land a debate, the Dems give them NOTHING! @CNN & @MSNBC....

....are all in for the Open Border Socialists (or beyond). Fox hires “give Hillary the questions” @donnabrazile, Juan Williams and low ratings Shep Smith. HOPELESS & CLUELESS! They should go all the way LEFT and I will still find a way to Win - That’s what I do, Win. Too Bad!....

....I don’t want to Win for myself, I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!

Trump TV Network is back on the table. I'm glad he is starting to think about his life after the presidency as much as the rest of us are.
 
Trump Tweets

Our Federal Reserve cannot “mentally” keep up with the competition - other countries. At the G-7 in France, all of the other Leaders were giddy about how low their Interest Costs have gone. Germany is actually “getting paid” to borrow money - ZERO INTEREST PLUS! No Clue Fed!

Every time he says that it's just a matter of time before "all of the other Leaders" come out and say, "we have no clue what the **** he's talking about at all."
 
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Trump falling out with Fox News is wonderful to watch. I'm going to enjoy seeing this one play out over the coming months.
 
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Trump falling out with Fox News is wonderful to watch. I'm going to enjoy seeing this one play out over the coming months.

FoxNews is as dependent on President Trump's base for viewers as President Trump is on Fox News for flattering coverage. I'm not sure who holds the upper hand in this power struggle.
 
FoxNews is as dependent on President Trump's base for viewers as President Trump is on Fox News for flattering coverage. I'm not sure who holds the upper hand in this power struggle.
“never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel.”
 
I think social media has changed that somewhat.

If President Trump's base abandon FoxNews in the event that they turn on him, can they afford the drop in advertising revenue ?

What is my octogenarian dad going to watch? Is there anywhere else in the cable guide where he can get more flattering coverage of Trump? Seriously, he will likely be asking me this soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom