• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 delivered the House to those still loyal to the nation. Don't give up hope yet. Remember, Trump won the electoral college by 88,000 votes in three states. Happily, they skewed older so some of them have died and more will die by November 2020.

Someone please get the Grim Reaper some assistants!
 
I do not believe that Trump is typically joking when he says outrageous things; his (or his staff's) claiming in retrospect that "it was just a joke" is just a way of backing off from any tweet or utterance that proved too embarrassing or was too widely condemned. Some of Trump's outrageous statements may also be trial balloons, but I think most are simply the uncontrolled demented thoughts of a seriously disturbed individual. Someone with the mental and emotional status of a petulant 2 year old child.

Whatever the reason, the bottom line is this: even if he is joking, this is itself an outrageous and incredibly dangerous thing for the President of the USA to do. I don't mean jokes about the color of a reporter's shirt: Trump's supposed jokes include those that go to the core of the legitimacy of our Constitutional government, support violence against his political opponents, or directly relate to promises and interactions with foreign countries, etc. Not to mention incredibly disgusting personal insults against others. These should not be joking matters for someone representing the top office of the USA.
 
I do not believe that Trump is typically joking when he says outrageous things; his (or his staff's) claiming in retrospect that "it was just a joke" is just a way of backing off from any tweet or utterance that proved too embarrassing or was too widely condemned. Some of Trump's outrageous statements may also be trial balloons, but I think most are simply the uncontrolled demented thoughts of a seriously disturbed individual. Someone with the mental and emotional status of a petulant 2 year old child.

Whatever the reason, the bottom line is this: even if he is joking, this is itself an outrageous and incredibly dangerous thing for the President of the USA to do. I don't mean jokes about the color of a reporter's shirt: Trump's supposed jokes include those that go to the core of the legitimacy of our Constitutional government, support violence against his political opponents, or directly relate to promises and interactions with foreign countries, etc. Not to mention incredibly disgusting personal insults against others. These should not be joking matters for someone representing the top office of the USA.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that these comments, even if facetious, were okay. I agree with what you say here.
 
Trump Tweets

The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”
 
Trump Retweeted

The White House
@WhiteHouse
"We have excess corn in various parts of our country with our farmers because China did not do what they said they were going to do. And Prime Minister @AbeShinzo, on behalf of Japan, they're going to be buying all of that corn." — President @realDonaldTrump
 
Trump Tweets

The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”

Sure, that happened.
 
Trump Tweets

The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”

Does anyone actually believe that pile of horse manure?
 
Trump Tweets

JUST NOW: President @realDonaldTrump and Prime Minister
@AbeShinzo announced a trade deal.

"This is a tremendous deal for the United States. It's a really tremendous deal for our farmers."

Rasmussen at 50%. @MediaBuzzFNC & @FoxNews are only getting worse! Now @donnabrazile & others on Fox. Not what it used to be!

So @donnabrazile gives Crooked Hillary the Questions, and now she’s on @FoxNews!


I really hope he keeps up this attack on Faux News... if he does, then sooner later, they will turn on him!
 
Does anyone know what the odds are on Trump doing a second term?
I think it depends largelly on how quickly his mental state deteriorates. I suppose I should hope for a kind of middle ground where he's muddled enough to keep him from being reelected, but not enough to get him chucked out and replaced as POTUS by Mike Pence.
 
In the same way that if my attendance to a seminar at work is mandatory I'm paid to attend, but not in the same way that if I'm minding my own business and someone approaches me to attend a seminar for money.


However, the workers attendance wasn't "mandatory" in that same way. They were offered more money to attend than not to attend. Just like you get offered more money to attend than not to attend when approached on the street to be paid to attend.
 
Meanwhile...

The Secretary of Energy, the department tasked with overseeing our nuclear stockpile, is posting pseudo-legal screeds on instagram. Only the best people in the Trump cabinet.

[qimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECdyttkWwAAJ82Z.jpg:small[/qimg]

Wait was that posted on Instagram? So, in order to copy that from Instagram after the rule change date they would have to agree to the rules they think they can just later disagree to, in still using the service.
 
Trump Tweets

The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”

This is very much a lie.

Hans
 
ETA: Just saw the clip again. Must admit that "I am the Chosen One" was not delivered like a joke at all.

I took it to be that he was quoting someone that said that about him (or he believed someone did). Nevertheless, body of work seems to point the other way.
 
Trump Tweets

The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”

My favorite part is where the other world leaders call him Mr. President.
 
Trump Tweets

My proposal to the politically correct Automobile Companies would lower the average price of a car to consumers by more than $3000, while at the same time making the cars substantially safer. Engines would run smoother. Very little impact on the environment! Foolish executives!
Tetraethyllead ?

I gotta figure. If he's talking about cars running smoother that it might be putting the lead back in gasoline. Or at least just staying up in the recommended octane rage for the vehicle. Heck, I would be surprised, back in his non public dis-service days, if trump hadn't insisted his drivers use lower octane gas and then complain how crappy the engine runs.
 
Trump Tweets

Such False and Inaccurate reporting thus far on the G-7. The Fake News knows this but they can’t help themselves! Leaving now to have breakfast with Boris J.

Great working breakfast this morning with Prime Minister @BorisJohnson at the Hôtel du Palais in Biarritz, France! #G7Biarritz

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod, I'm in France! Can you believe it? :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom