I hereby order you (yes you) to gift me a pony.
The twitterati are having huge fun with this
"I hereby order everyone on Twitter to hereby order something. "
If I were on twitter I'd hereby give you a pony. But I'm not.
I hereby order you (yes you) to gift me a pony.
It might be if it carried any weight whatsoever. It doesn't, so it's just b/s.
Now he has gone to insulting Jay Powell, the guy he picked to be the Fed Chair, as being a threat to the US, asking if he is a bigger threat than Chairman Xi from Chuna.
Trump is losing his rag over the possibility if a huge downturn to recession in the US economy, but he is too stupid to realise that dumb, unfiltered remarks like these, are contributing to it bigly.
Oh, this overreach is not being ignored. It was heard on Wall Street..and the Market is in a free fall.It's BS that matters. It's an official statement by the president. People ought to be outraged that he "ordered" businesses to stop production in China, whether or not the order has any teeth.
People would be outraged had Obama, W or any other recent president had officially made such an order. Yes, it's a tweet, but this administration has called such tweets official statements of the president.
We simply ignore the stunning overreach because, you know, it's just Trump.
Trump Tweets
Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I won’t let that happen! We don’t need China and, frankly, would be far....
....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..
....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to China’s Tariffs this afternoon. This is a GREAT opportunity for the United States. Also, I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....
....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn’t. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!
Trump Tweets
The Dow is down 573 points perhaps on the news that Representative Seth Moulton, whoever that may be, has dropped out of the 2020 Presidential Race!
It might be if it carried any weight whatsoever. It doesn't, so it's just b/s.
At what point does Barr say "oops, my bad, I really meant to say Trump is guilty of collusion and needs to be removed immediately".Does he?
Does he have to realize that he should make changes?
I posit that such a thought is beyond his abilities.
Seriously, WTF. Not even a real president has that authority.
Tim Cook must be thinking their date was a complete waste of time.This man has to be ******* insane LoL. Did anyone tell him that he can't actually tell companies what to do? He actually does think that everyone has to listen to him.
He blamed it on Moulton's withdrawal?Trump Tweets
The Dow is down 573 points perhaps on the news that Representative Seth Moulton, whoever that may be, has dropped out of the 2020 Presidential Race!

See the Trump is Mentally Ill thread. It explains a lot.Seriously, WTF. Not even a real president has that authority.
He may not have the authority to order businesses to do whatever he wants. He does have the ability to make everyone panic.The stock market has fallen precipitously in response to his statement. It obviously carries enough weight to have an impact on the corporate world.
He may not have the authority to order businesses to do whatever he wants. He does have the ability to make everyone panic.