• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Sweet/Sweat 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

Just concluded a very good meeting on preventing Mass Shootings. Talks are ongoing w/ both Republicans & Democrats. We are likewise engaging with lawful gun owners, survivors, grieving family members, law enforcement, the NRA, mental health professionals, and school officials...

...I am hopeful Congress will engage with my Team to pass meaningful legislation that will make a real difference and, most importantly, Save Lives!
 
Trump Tweets

Looking forward to soon being in North Carolina to hold a big rally for wonderful Dan Bishop, who is running for Congress. His opponent wants Open Borders, Sanctuary Cities, and Socialism. He likes the “Squad” more than North Carolina. Dan has my Full and Complete Endorsement!

@SenCoryGardner has done a fantastic job representing the people of Colorado. He really knows how to win. Strong on Crime, Borders & the 2nd A, Cory fights hard for our Military & Vets. John Hickenlooper is badly damaged after his horrible run for President. Big Primary trouble!

Check out a FANTASTIC new book, “STILL WINNING – Why America Went All In On Donald Trump-And Why We Must Do It Again” by the great writer, @CharlesHurt
. An excellent read. Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Trump Retweets

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
BREAKING: FBI 302 reports of Bruce Ohr released to @JudicialWatch. Confirm FBI warned that [Steele?] was "desperate that @RealDonaldTrump not get elected and was passionate about him not being the U.S. President."

Biggest story anti- @realDonaldTrump media is hiding: Obama FBI/DOJ, and State Dept colluded with Bruce Ohr, his wife, and Clinton/DNC spies at Fusion GPS to try to destroy @realDonaldTrump. @JudicialWatch uncovered the docs!
 
BREAKING: FBI 302 reports of Bruce Ohr released to @JudicialWatch. Confirm FBI warned that [Steele?] was "desperate that @RealDonaldTrump not get elected and was passionate about him not being the U.S. President."

Yes, Steele. This is very old news. You know why Steele was desperate to see that Trump wasn't elected? Because he had credible evidence that Trump was compromised by a hostile foreign power.
 
Yes, Steele. This is very old news. You know why Steele was desperate to see that Trump wasn't elected? Because he had credible evidence that Trump was compromised by a hostile foreign power.

As soon as you see the words "JudicialWatch" in anything that Trump or any of his minions say, you can safely dismiss everything else being said.

"JudicialWatch" is a hyper-partisan extreme conservative group run by Tom Fitton, a birther, a deep-state conspiracy theorist, a climate change denier and a supporter of Breitbart News. I think those facts say everything we need to know about he and his organisation's reliability as a source of information and evidence.
 
Last edited:
I’m gonna play devil’s advocate for a second and ask what is wrong with Trump pursuing background checks on people purchasing firearms?
 
All the best people.

The DOJ sent immigration court employees a link to a racist blog post attacking immigration judges.

The Justice Department sent immigration court employees an email this week that linked to an article attacking immigration judges with offensive and anti-Semitic slurs, BuzzFeed News reported on Thursday.

The article was posted on the white nationalist website VDare, which routinely traffics in racist and anti-immigration rhetoric and has explicitly targeted immigration judges in the past.


No surprise, it's being blamed on a contractor.

The post was sent to immigration court employees as part of a daily briefing that usually includes links to news reports about immigration, BuzzFeed reported. A Justice Department spokesperson told the outlet that the briefing in question was put together by a contractor and should not have included the VDare link.
 
I’m gonna play devil’s advocate for a second and ask what is wrong with Trump pursuing background checks on people purchasing firearms?

That he's not proposing background checks? I know he mentioned it right after El Paso, but recent reports are that he told the head of the NRA that expanded background checks are off the table.

Same thing he did after the Florida school shooting. Talk about background checks immediately after the shooting and then drop them a week or two later.

Now it turns out that the problem is mental health, regardless of the fact that most shooters are not diagnosed with mental health problems. Now, perhaps there are diagnoses that should have been made, but even that's not clear. One can have a terrible, violent political philosophy without being mentally ill.
 
I’m gonna play devil’s advocate for a second and ask what is wrong with Trump pursuing background checks on people purchasing firearms?

I just realized that someone buying a .22 handgun from a store goes through a more extensive background check than a Trump-cabinet nominee.
 
We could, if you really have an addiction to pedantry.

You win 1000 internet points. Have fun with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man! That's the most internet points I've ever been awarded! Thank you. I'll probably just save them though. If it helps, this totally distracted me from the fact that it's my fault others don't use words that fit their definitions. Thanks.

As soon as you see the words "JudicialWatch" in anything that Trump or any of his minions say, you can safely dismiss everything else being said.

"JudicialWatch" is a hyper-partisan extreme conservative group run by Tom Fitton, a birther, a deep-state conspiracy theorist, a climate change denier and a supporter of Breitbart News. I think those facts say everything we need to know about he and his organisation's reliability as a source of information and evidence.

Surely you aren't talking about the same Judicial Watch that blew the doors off of the Benghazi investigation? I seem to remember a larger canine insisting that they were not only patriots, but the only source of truth we can trust!
 
Trump is saying American companies should stop using China, which has caused the stock market to get bumpy:

Stocks fell to their lows of the day on Friday after President Donald Trump ordered in a series tweets that U.S. companies find alternatives to their operations in China. Apple led the way lower.

It's not surprising that Trump is saying "everyone else should change how they're doing things except me" but at some point he has to realize that this isn't going the way he planned and he should make some changes.
 
Trump is saying American companies should stop using China, which has caused the stock market to get bumpy:

In the tweet I read in the Guardian he "ordered" them to make plans to leave. Wow.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing...
....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to China’s Tariffs this afternoon. "

eta: apologies for infringing Captain Swoop's rights here ;)
 
Last edited:
In the tweet I read in the Guardian he "ordered" them to make plans to leave. Wow.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing...
....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to China’s Tariffs this afternoon. "


He really does seem to think he's a king or dictator with absolute authority over everyone.
I'm sure the corporations will obey immediately. I'm reminded of a line I saw on TV once. "You say jump, I ask how high ... would I have to be to listen to you?"
 
Trump tweets

94% Approval Rating within the Republican Party. Thank you!
 
Trump Tweets

The Economy is strong and good, whereas the rest of the world is not doing so well. Despite this the Fake News Media, together with their Partner, the Democrat Party, are working overtime to convince people that we are in, or will soon be going into, a Recession. They are.....

..willing to lose their wealth, or a big part of it, just for the possibility of winning the Election. But it won’t work because I always find a way to win, especially for the people! The greatest political movement in the history of our Country will have another big win in 2020!

Now the Fed can show their stuff!

As usual, the Fed did NOTHING! It is incredible that they can “speak” without knowing or asking what I am doing, which will be announced shortly. We have a very strong dollar and a very weak Fed. I will work “brilliantly” with both, and the U.S. will do great...

....My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom