• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out Mitch McConnell doesn't like being called "Moscow Mitch"

My favourite quote from the article, which seems so stupid even for Trump that I'm honestly a little doubtful he even said it:

Err... Trump is called a pathological liar with good reason. Still... "Moscow Mitch" works well for the guy, and will continue to work well until he makes a substantial effort to undo the harm that he's been doing to the cause of protecting our elections from what he's known was a threat to them for notably longer than the public has been informed. That bar just keeps getting higher, though, the longer he refuses to allow action.

Why is "the least racist person in the world" in quotations? Did someone actually call him that? I saw this pointed out, and I can't take credit for it, but most people that aren't racist would just say, "I'm not racist". Implying that you are the "least" racist still shows there's a >0 amount of racism.

Trump did call himself that. Chances are pretty good that some of his sycophants echoed it back at him, too! As for least racist... Math moment! 0 is the best possible, so long as negative numbers aren't allowed. So, either he's at 0 and no one else is or he's the closest to 0 and everyone's at least a little racist. "Tied for least racist" would change things there, but isn't the claim. All that's a little irrelevant, of course, given that he, like so many others, is brazenly lying, though. Of course, we now have overt evidence that even Reagan, former Saint of the Right, was racist, even if he did a better job than many at leaving room for plausible deniability.
 
Last edited:
Why is "the least racist person in the world" in quotations? Did someone actually call him that? I saw this pointed out, and I can't take credit for it, but most people that aren't racist would just say, "I'm not racist". Implying that you are the "least" racist still shows there's a >0 amount of racism.

The PDJT said that himself (two or three times, naturally) in an interview with Don Lemon a couple years ago.
 
Yes, that's certainly gotten under his skin. I wonder if linking Mcconnell to Russia might be enough to cause him to lose his seat? (Kentucky is extremely supportive of the republicans, so it won't be easy.)

A few other notes about McConnell...

He is one of the most disliked Senators in the country, with an approval rating of ~34%.

https://morningconsult.com/2018/04/12/americas-most-and-least-popular-senators/

There is a rather messy situation regarding a foreign-owned Aluminum plant in Kentucky, which is owned by a Russian Oligarch with links to Putin who had been subject to sanctions (until they were lifted, in part thanks to McConnell's support.) Some of the people lobbying to have sanctions lifted were former McConnell staffers.

So, Russians interfere in the elections, get hit by sanctions, they open up a business in Kentucky, and McConnell works to get the sanctions lifted. Sound about right?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019...bbied-russian-backed-kentucky-project-1442550
 
Last edited:
I haven't decided yet who I'll vote for, but Buttigieg is the one I would most like to see in a debate with Trump.
 
Why is "the least racist person in the world" in quotations? Did someone actually call him that?

I laughed when I read the tweet because to me it looked like air quotes indicating sarcasm.

I wonder if he is going to try to trademark the phrase.

............

I still think each Democratic congresscritter should be assigned one of his tweets. That person could generate a response and maybe three days later respond to the original post a little differently.

I think trying to keep up with all the things being said about him would drive him nuts.

Or.

They should have a Spartacus moment in the House. One person stands up and says “I am the least racist person in the world.” Then the next representative stands and says “I am the least racist person in the world.”
 
I despise Trump, but with the Dems engaging in civil war, his relection seems very likely at this moment.
And this "Moderates and Centrists are evil" rhetoric I am getting from a lot of people here is just what Trump wants to hear.
 
I despise Trump, but with the Dems engaging in civil war, his relection seems very likely at this moment.
And this "Moderates and Centrists are evil" rhetoric I am getting from a lot of people here is just what Trump wants to hear.

Yep he speaks to the true nature of the american people.
 
They clearly are allowed, since Trump knows nothing and McConnell knows even less than that, apparently.

That's on a scale of knowledge, not racism. Trump's claiming that McConnell's been disinformed there, if it were to be taken literally.

I would say there can be negative because we have extremely racist people in government. What's his name? King. King is absolutely racist.

King would be a distinctly positive number, actually. The higher the number, the more racist in the scale in question.

Anyways... random news.

Clergy from the National Cathedral publish an open letter rebuking Trump: 'Have we no decency?'

It's honestly a bit past due, but I'm not going to knock them for it. Still, it's just one more sign of how odious Trump has made things. A bit like...

Republicans get their fourth House retirement in eight days, and party fears many more could exit

After all, people of conscience tend to have a hard time justifying things like...

The cruelty is the point as Trump administration prepares to strip 500,000 kids of free school lunch

But the “loophole” the Trump administration wants to close, called Broad-Based Categorical Eligibility, is not leading to widespread abuse: “Three-quarters of all SNAP-receiving households in states with BBCE have less than $500 in liquid assets. Just under 7% have total assets valued above $10,000 that would be counted in non-BBCE states.” Meanwhile, BBCE eliminates a lot of paperwork and staff time for states, so ending it will raise administrative costs as well as stripping 3 million people of food stamps and 500,000 kids of free school lunches.
 
Trump Tweets

The Prosecutors who lost the case against SEAL Eddie Gallagher (who I released from solitary confinement so he could fight his case properly), were ridiculously given a Navy Achievement Medal. Not only did they lose the case, they had difficulty with respect....

....to information that may have been obtained from opposing lawyers and for giving immunity in a totally incompetent fashion. I have directed the Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer & Chief of Naval Operations John Richardson to immediately withdraw and rescind the awards....

....I am very happy for Eddie Gallagher and his family!
 
Going after JAG personnel for doing their jobs?

The Secretary of the Navy should resign rather than carry out this order.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom