• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Tiedrich tweets:

“ideally, you want the president of the united states and the racist loudmouth at the end of the bar to be two separate people”
 
Trump Tweets

“Billionaire Tech Investor Peter Thiel believes Google should be investigated for treason. He accuses Google of working with the Chinese Government.” @foxandfriends

A great and brilliant guy who knows this subject better than anyone! The Trump Administration will take a look!

Treason is accusing a company of working with foreign governments? Eh?
 
Trump Tweets

Our Country is Free, Beautiful and Very Successful. If you hate our Country, or if you are not happy here, you can leave!

I honestly expect him to ride this out and the response from the GOP in the House and Senate will be to call for The Squad members to be impeached, censured or possibly even removed as congresspeople.
 
I can only imagine what current world leaders will say about Trump once he is out of office. When they no longer have to deal with him and they can say what they think without repercussions, I have a feeling the filters will come off. Should be interesting!

I'm looking forward to this as well. Trump probably doesn't, though.
 
Stephen Colbert had a good comment I thought:
“And what does he mean, they’re telling us how our government is to be run? They’re in Congress — they are our government.” — STEPHEN COLBERT
 
I can only imagine what current world leaders will say about Trump once he is out of office. When they no longer have to deal with him and they can say what they think without repercussions, I have a feeling the filters will come off. Should be interesting!

I think the same will be true of most Republicans as well. It only happens now if they are out of office or soon to be, with very few exceptions.
If so, it's because of the Democrats messing it all up and blocking Trump and the Republicans from fixing the mess.

The color tells me this is supposed to be sarcasm but it is what The PDJT is saying all the time.
 
Last edited:
Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan
Frankly I'm appalled by the President's tweets...There's no excuse. Inflammatory rhetoric from both sides of the aisle that is used to divide us just isn't right. It's not helpful.

"Democrats are doing it too!"

"Yes, yes the President said racist things. But to be fair... the four Congresspeople in question did start it by being not white. I mean it takes two to tango here people!"
 
Also it's been... like two days now. Still no word on why this was okay from the board's Trumpers.
 
Thanks for that insight.

The transformation of Graham from characterising Trump as a "race-baiting xenophobic bigot" to defending the president behaving exactly like that has been astonishing.


It's simple. Just three years ago, even the people who knew in their hearts they were racist knew that being openly racist was career poison. But now Trump has shown that this is no longer true, so they don't have to pretend any more.


Treason is accusing a company of working with foreign governments? Eh?


It's the "accuse" I don't get. Haven't Google been pretty open about working with the Chinese government? It's like accusing Trump of being Republican; well, duh, it says that right on the can!
 
They have to wait for their marching orders.

Some of the Fox people or GOP in Congress will throw out a bunch of things till they settle on one or two.

My bets are 'They are the real racists,' or, 'They're actually evil/commie/etc' (ignoring that it wouldn't actually change a thing if they were), or perhaps 'the don't act like Americans'.

By the end they'll be demanding the Congresswomen apologize.

There was a time that they would say, "Go back to Russia!" but that avenue is not open to Trump these days.
 
Stephen Colbert had a good comment I thought:

Stephen Colbert said:
And what does he mean, they’re telling us how our government is to be run? They’re in Congress — they are our government.

I suspect that President Trump is trying to say that people who are anti-American in the way that he claims aren't legitimate members of the government. The logical extension of this is that anyone who disagrees with him, or heaven forfend actually says something about him he considers mean or nasty, is unamerican and harried out of office.
 
I guess the only way to deal with the Squad is to start a Committee on Un-American Activities.

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but as a child I’d come home from school to find my mom glued to the TV watching the McCarthy hearings. And lament, “Not the ‘earings AGAIN!!!”

And now the pendulum swing back that way again.
 
I suspect that President Trump is trying to say that people who are anti-American in the way that he claims aren't legitimate members of the government. The logical extension of this is that anyone who disagrees with him, or heaven forfend actually says something about him he considers mean or nasty, is unamerican and harried out of office.


It's like he said during his confrontation with Mexico in June. Congress should just do whatever he says and like it.

The president said Congress, "should be saying, 'we are with the President, we will do whatever he wants to do,' and Mexico would fold like an umbrella."
 
I guess the only way to deal with the Squad is to start a Committee on Un-American Activities.

Why not ?

I'm sure such a thing would get immense support from his base and he may even be able to hoodwink some people who aren't part of his base or GOP loyalists but who are simply a little to patriotic to think through the implications carefully enough.

Continue portraying anyone who disagrees with current US policy (or current Israeli policy given how often President Trump brings that up as well) as traitors and then set up a committee to investigate foreign influence in congress - after all the Mueller investigation was essentially the same thing. :rolleyes:

It's like he said during his confrontation with Mexico in June. Congress should just do whatever he says and like it.

Well that's how a weak person who wants to appear strong behaves and tbh there are enough people out there who would agree with him.

The US is under attack from wave after wave of criminals and terrorists coming in through the unprotected Southern border. This is a war, and in a war anyone who aids and abets the enemy is a traitor and should be treated as such.
 
This is all so weird to me.

I actually might have been giving Trump too much credit.

Again I've always just conceptualized Trump as a pure troll. My original view of him was that he wasn't racist in any traditional sense, he just knew racially twinged talk "got the lubruls all worked up and stuff" so he just used the language to get a reaction, not as a dogwhistle per se, although it still functioned as one a lot of the time.

So that's why I always figured he'd stay "in the margins" basically being the political version of "I'm not touching you, can't get mad... I'm not touching you, can't get mad" and would never actually just outright be racist in some literal, undeniable sense.

But the telling four non-white women to "go back where they came from" (despite the fact that 3 of them were born in America and the one who wasn't has been a citizen longer then Trump's wife has).... that isn't "using racist language just to piss off people you know are hyper sensitive about racism." It's just... racism.
 
This is all so weird to me.

I actually might have been giving Trump too much credit.

Again I've always just conceptualized Trump as a pure troll. My original view of him was that he wasn't racist in any traditional sense, he just knew racially twinged talk "got the lubruls all worked up and stuff" so he just used the language to get a reaction, not as a dogwhistle per se, although it still functioned as one a lot of the time.

So that's why I always figured he'd stay "in the margins" basically being the political version of "I'm not touching you, can't get mad... I'm not touching you, can't get mad" and would never actually just outright be racist in some literal, undeniable sense.

But the telling four non-white women to "go back where they came from" (despite the fact that 3 of them were born in America and the one who wasn't has been a citizen longer then Trump's wife has).... that isn't "using racist language just to piss off people you know are hyper sensitive about racism." It's just... racism.

Yep. It's not like he's pulled the mask off, because I don't think he's ever hidden anything, but now maybe he has finally pulled the hood on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom