• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Trump announces new concentration camps

I love the flip flop of AoC (Argumentation of Convenience) of the conservative Trump apologists.

> Oh, see, I know what concentration camps mean, but common usage associates the word (incorrectly) with the Nazi death camps.

> Well, strictly speaking, a Nazi is an adherent to the policies of Hitlers National Socialists, so calling these goose-stepping, Jew-baiting, swastika wearing, Hitler Huggers nazis is not really accurate.


Which is it, liars? We need to respect the formal definitions, or we need to understand that the vernacular sometimes takes ascendence?
 
And this is why I make so little effort to try to have a good faith political debate here.

Not because of how some vague, notional progressive approaches the debate, but because of how you and others here approach the debate.

I give you a sincere, good faith argument, and I get this crap in return. Why, dudalb? What have I ever done to you, to merit this kind of treatment?

Wait a second. I thought you weren't a Trump supporter? Furthermore, dudalb was, I believe, talking about another poster, not you.

I'm a Trump supporter.

Since when? Didn't you call him a bunch of names over the years?
 
Last edited:
I don't believe you.

Fine. I think if you found a lost puppy on your doorstep you'd gouge out its eyes, put it in a microwave, and then make a hat out of its carcass.

Deny it? I don't believe you.

I guess I can see how this game might be fun.
 
Fine. I think if you found a lost puppy on your doorstep you'd gouge out its eyes, put it in a microwave, and then make a hat out of its carcass.

Deny it? I don't believe you.

I guess I can see how this game might be fun.

I may be a puppy-eye gouger, but at least I don't support concentration camps for children. :)
 
I may be a puppy-eye gouger, but at least I don't support concentration camps for children. :)

And with this crowd, being a puppy-eye-gouger will probably be excused because of all the kitten skinners and hamster crushers that came before you. Who are we to criticize puppy-eye-gouging when there are baby rapers out there that we haven't complained about?
 
And with this crowd, being a puppy-eye-gouger will probably be excused because of all the kitten skinners and hamster crushers that came before you. Who are we to criticize puppy-eye-gouging when there are baby rapers out there that we haven't complained about?

Don't forget the weasel stompers! (For those unaware, look up Weird Al's song about weasel stomping day.)
 
He did not. There was a lot of "I'm not a Trump supporter, but..."
I think he did call him a clown, and possibly a few other mild names. He seems to be liking Trump more now than he used to.

I imagine that like many he tolerates Trump's character because he favors the policies that result, especially the re-orientation of the Supreme Court. In fairness, I don't think that's an exclusively right wing sort of thing. I recall many supporters of LBJ acknowledging that he was an ******* but saying at least he's our *******. Or, as LBJ himself remarked on why he continued to tolerate J. Edgar Hoover, whom he hated, "I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in."
 
I think he did call him a clown, and possibly a few other mild names. He seems to be liking Trump more now than he used to.

I imagine that like many he tolerates Trump's character because he favors the policies that result, especially the re-orientation of the Supreme Court. In fairness, I don't think that's an exclusively right wing sort of thing. I recall many supporters of LBJ acknowledging that he was an ******* but saying at least he's our *******. Or, as LBJ himself remarked on why he continued to tolerate J. Edgar Hoover, whom he hated, "I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in."

Well that and hoover having enough dirt on him to forever damn him.
 
And as we all know, the diverse communities of Libya, Syria, Myanmar and Yugoslavia all pulled together as one when crisis hit. Californian law enforcement still back neo-nazis, the LAPD gives the deep south a run for their money in the racism department, and less said about Baltimore the better. People will talk of how ethnic food brings them together and pay lip service to multiculturalism, until the first sign of trouble.

So why is Japan more cohesive than Syria? Why is India becoming more and more fractured? Why did the Soviet Union, one of the most multicultural nations to ever exist, stagnate and fall apart? If Diversity is a strength, then they should be thriving.


Wut' on Earth?!!


Dude, I bet you 20 dollars (sorry 20 quid!) that none (that's zero) of any of your Grande Pronouncements come to fruition!! What's 20 dollars (sorry 20 quid!) against the future of the World?
 
Wut' on Earth?!!


Dude, I bet you 20 dollars (sorry 20 quid!) that none (that's zero) of any of your Grande Pronouncements come to fruition!! What's 20 dollars (sorry 20 quid!) against the future of the World?

Furthermore, Japan used to be VERY monocultural and closed to outside ideas and it stagnated for 250 years.
 
And as we all know, the diverse communities of Libya, Syria, Myanmar and Yugoslavia all pulled together as one when crisis hit. Californian law enforcement still back neo-nazis, the LAPD gives the deep south a run for their money in the racism department, and less said about Baltimore the better. People will talk of how ethnic food brings them together and pay lip service to multiculturalism, until the first sign of trouble.

So why is Japan more cohesive than Syria? Why is India becoming more and more fractured? Why did the Soviet Union, one of the most multicultural nations to ever exist, stagnate and fall apart? If Diversity is a strength, then they should be thriving.

Ever been the Menlo Park California?
 
I think you're making NWO's point. He's taking the Skeptic Tank track - diversity is the road to failure.

Because as we all know, the ussr would never ever stagnate for decades and collapse despite its multicultural policies. The European union, founded on the principles of United in diversity would surely not turn on Each other if the going gets tough. Brazil would never elect a fascist who sought to strip mine the Amazon, it's too diverse for that! Oh sure, people will pay lip service in good times, but when trouble starts to show up, things get dicey quickly.

As for the US the general consensus among the up and coming generations is that it is either a pale shadow of its forbearers or a land of monsters on par with Nazi Germany, whose founders were no different from Vlad Dracul. But hey, there's more Taco Trucks and Dinnerplate Variety, so that should bring people together, right?
 
Last edited:
Because as we all know, the ussr would never ever stagnate for decades and collapse despite its multicultural policies. The European union, founded on the principles of United in diversity would surely not turn on Each other if the going gets tough. Brazil would never elect a fascist who sought to strip mine the Amazon, it's too diverse for that! Oh sure, people will pay lip service in good times, but when trouble starts to show up, things get dicey quickly.

Nobody said diversity made a nation free of all troubles, and that's all your refutations amount to. Just because a nation with diversity fails doesn't mean diversity caused the failure.

That last turn of yours is interesting and I'm just going to go on record and say I don't think you don't so much mean "people", you mean "yourself."

In any case, yes, the ones who were only paying lip service to diversity will quite happily scapegoat away when times get tough. Which, eh, is exactly what we've been saying is kind of a problem.

Hey, maybe some countries collapse because when problems come along a bunch of goddamned neanderthals all start pointing fingers based on a pack of lies and think the problem will resolve itself from there.

As for the US the general consensus among the up and coming generations is that it is either a pale shadow of its forbearers or a land of monsters on par with Nazi Germany, whose founders were no different from Vlad Dracul. But hey, there's more Taco Trucks and Dinnerplate Variety, so that should bring people together, right?

Argumentum ad Absurdum.

or maybe just

Argumentum ad Producicus fromus Rectum.
 
Last edited:
Typical red herring distraction, start a 4 page debate about what one calls the camps. If I said it was disgusting is someone going to start an argument over the description, disgusting?

Yep, if the Trumpers and right-wingers who pretend not to be Trumpers don't have a name like concentration camp to start a red herring debate about, they would almost certainly have gone after another descriptor. Much easier than debating the actions Trump and his band of alt-righters are actually taking.
 
"Diversity is our Strength/Makes Us Stronger!" is a very, very flawed thesis that has seldom borne out in reality. Even the USSR, a country founded on multiculturalism, slid into tribalism when the whole thing came crashing down instead of pulling together. Why is it that you seldom see diverse communities coming together when push comes to shove?

Typical red herring distraction, start a 4 page debate about what one calls the camps. If I said it was disgusting is someone going to start an argument over the description, disgusting?

Yep, if the Trumpers and right-wingers who pretend not to be Trumpers don't have a name like concentration camp to start a red herring debate about, they would almost certainly have gone after another descriptor. Much easier than debating the actions Trump and his band of alt-righters are actually taking.

And yet, even in Australia and Europe, who were exhorted as the "civilised world", mind you you are seeing similar detention centres for immigrants. Or in both their cases, they also hope that immigrants down en masse.
 
Last edited:
"Diversity is our Strength/Makes Us Stronger!" is a very, very flawed thesis that has seldom borne out in reality. Even the USSR, a country founded on multiculturalism, slid into tribalism when the whole thing came crashing down instead of pulling together. Why is it that you seldom see diverse communities coming together when push comes to shove?

You realize there's some daylight between "multicultural wonderland of friendship" and "let's lock children in cages?"

And yet, even in Australia and Europe, who were exhorted as the "civilised world", mind you you are seeing similar detention centres for immigrants.

As has been repeatedly put back to you: so what? Does cruel treatment somehow become not cruel because others are also doing it?

Or in both their cases, they also hope that immigrants down en masse.

Are you saying we should consider that perspective to be admirable?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom