• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Donald Trump has 'dangerous mental illness', say psychiatry experts at Yale... Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in those exact words, no, but they do often express the idea that they feel younger than they actually are. Stuff like, "Well, I'm 75 but I feel 35!" It's a very common in the healthy, active and older adults we see here. I think you really have to interpret the statement as uncharitably as possible in order to get some supposed "sign of dangerous mental illness" from it.
And yet that is not how Trump words his beliefs about himself.

If it were one thing, one time, one might say it's not significant how Trump worded that.

Instead however, it is consistent and taken together with the fact it is also incessant, it suggests pathological thinking. His narcissism dominates his thought processes.
 
Not in those exact words, no, but they do often express the idea that they feel younger than they actually are. Stuff like, "Well, I'm 75 but I feel 35!" It's a very common in the healthy, active and older adults we see here. I think you really have to interpret the statement as uncharitably as possible in order to get some supposed "sign of dangerous mental illness" from it.

Or, you know, you could simply pay attention to all the other BS he says.
 
You should pay attention to the fact that it's coming from the White House, but since you insist on being blind to Trump's faults I'm sure you won't
Paying attention to a fact about BS is very different from paying attention to all BS itself.

How much of my attention do you recommend I devote to the fact of BS coming from the White House?
 
Paying attention to a fact about BS is very different from paying attention to all BS itself.

How much of my attention do you recommend I devote to the fact of BS coming from the White House?
None. But then that leaves nothing left to pay attention to. :p
 
Not in those exact words, no, but they do often express the idea that they feel younger than they actually are. Stuff like, "Well, I'm 75 but I feel 35!" It's a very common in the healthy, active and older adults we see here. I think you really have to interpret the statement as uncharitably as possible in order to get some supposed "sign of dangerous mental illness" from it.
I think if such statements were unusual, it would be uncharitable to pick this one out. But such a statement is not at all unusual here, and there have been enough examples of similar statements to make it at least uncertain whether or not it is a rhetorical exaggeration, a lack of perception, or simply a crazy lie.
 
Paying attention to a fact about BS is very different from paying attention to all BS itself.

Sure, if you want to be pedantic and deliberately misrepresent my point, which was: You should pay attention to BS for the purpose of recognizing this person is a BSer and can't be trusted (and is perhaps mentally ill). With anyone sincerely engaged in conversation/debate, this would be obvious. And then there's you. Do you ever engage in debate in a sincere way, or are you always disingenuous?

How much of my attention do you recommend I devote to the fact of BS coming from the White House?

Enough to realize it's a problem. Of course, that will never happen with you.
 
Sure, if you want to be pedantic and deliberately misrepresent my point, which was: You should pay attention to BS for the purpose of recognizing this person is a BSer and can't be trusted (and is perhaps mentally ill). With anyone sincerely engaged in conversation/debate, this would be obvious. And then there's you. Do you ever engage in debate in a sincere way, or are you always disingenuous?







Enough to realize it's a problem. Of course, that will never happen with you.
Given the colossal disingenuity of the Yale group, that kicked off this thread, and the colossal disingenuity of their fan club which has perpetuated this thread, you complaining about me pissing into an ocean of piss barely counts as "kinda disingenuous".

Anyway, I gave plenty of ingenuous argumentation in the early parts of this thread. That ground has been well covered, and the results are in. I'm not going to re-hash it all for you now. Look me up in some thread that isn't already a long running **** show.
 
Given the colossal disingenuity of the Yale group, that kicked off this thread, and the colossal disingenuity of their fan club which has perpetuated this thread, you complaining about me pissing into an ocean of piss barely counts as "kinda disingenuous".

I'm not aware of any disingenuity on their part; I'm talking about your disingenuity.

Anyway, I gave plenty of ingenuous argumentation in the early parts of this thread. That ground has been well covered, and the results are in. I'm not going to re-hash it all for you now. Look me up in some thread that isn't already a long running **** show.

I have. It's always the same disingenuous BS.
 
Given the colossal disingenuity of the Yale group, that kicked off this thread, and the colossal disingenuity of their fan club which has perpetuated this thread, you complaining about me pissing into an ocean of piss barely counts as "kinda disingenuous".

Anyway, I gave plenty of ingenuous argumentation in the early parts of this thread. That ground has been well covered, and the results are in. I'm not going to re-hash it all for you now. Look me up in some thread that isn't already a long running **** show.
Riiight... dismiss all the evidence with an ad hominem hand wave. That's convincing. :rolleyes: Not.
 
I can give Trump credit for at least one thing: he knows his base. When he said he could shoot someone in the middle of Times Square and not lose a vote, he was right. We've seen that kind of blind defense of him in this thread over and over again by the same people. Scares the hell out of me.
 
Evidence?

This right here is the kind of disingenuous BS I'm talking about.

It's a metaphor for his base excusing away every damn thing he does no matter what. Lying on a scale never seen before in presidential history? Oh, well...every politician lies!

You want disingenuous BS? Look to your own posts.
 
It's a metaphor for his base excusing away every damn thing he does no matter what. Lying on a scale never seen before in presidential history? Oh, well...every politician lies!



You want disingenuous BS? Look to your own posts.
OLOL..

Barack Obama droned a bunch of folks in his first term. Do you think that jeopardized his reelection?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom