RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Nov 29, 2006
- Messages
- 14,185
Amusingly, neither is Randell Mills, for reasons that are a mystery to none of us.
I'm afraid I'm in the dark. What is his reason?
Amusingly, neither is Randell Mills, for reasons that are a mystery to none of us.
Because, pace markie et al., hydrinos don’t exist?I'm afraid I'm in the dark. What is his reason?
Because, pace markie et al., hydrinos don’t exist?![]()
Yes, of course, but he said Mills had reasons. What would Mills reasons be?
That hydrinos don't exist, and that therefore there is nothing that he can make a prototype of. That's the reason he isn't in a position to promise one.
OK, let's just say he isn't in a position to promise one honestly.
Dave
Randi said what he did back then, without the benefit of seeing what we see now on Youtube, nor did he have the scientific experience to evaluate Mills' publications himself. So he relied on certain others to inform him (a mistake in this case) when normally he would do the investigations himself.
Don't know much about quantum tunneling other than it is thought to be related to superconductivity.
I think we agree that quantum tunneling arises from superconductivity.
Guess who was Mills' inspiration for a classical physics approach to quantum phenomena ? Hermann Haus, his engineering professor. Yet look at the 'quantum' nature of Haus' research:
https://physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/pdf/10.1063/1.1712509
All theses types of things Mills can describe classically.
Disclaimer: I am not a physicist.
So far as I know, Mills has not explained quantum tunneling. It seems to me that optiongeek and markie should explain to us how Mills explains quantum tunneling.
Outside of pointing to Mills' chapter on Superconductivity, I'm afraid the best I can do is to paraphrase a description I once saw offered by Mills:
A competitive high-jumper's center of gravity generally does not clear the bar on a championship leap. Instead, each part of the jumper's body clears the bar by coiling over it at distinct times. Likewise, when you model the electron as an extended ensemble of current density, then it may be possible for each part of an electron to clear an energy barrier in succession when it would appear insurmountable to the ensemble's center of mass.
Is this proof of how the tunneling phenomena works? Absolutely not. But neither can it be summarily rejected without consideration (at least by my reckoning). This is the general pattern of analysis I find with GUTCP. Treating the electron as an extended distribution rather than a point charge admits novel solutions that simply haven't been fully considered - especially when coupled with the non-radiation condition. And the non-radiation condition does not get nearly enough consideration in this thread. It was developed independently from Mills over a long history. All Mills has really done is imagine what happens when you take it to a logical extension.
A distribution of body lengths around the de Broglie wavelength leads to reasonable agreement with the quantum transmission coefficient.[/I]
So far, so good.Outside of pointing to Mills' chapter on Superconductivity, I'm afraid the best I can do is to paraphrase a description I once saw offered by Mills:
A competitive high-jumper's center of gravity generally does not clear the bar on a championship leap. Instead, each part of the jumper's body clears the bar by coiling over it at distinct times. Likewise, when you model the electron as an extended ensemble of current density, then it may be possible for each part of an electron to clear an energy barrier in succession when it would appear insurmountable to the ensemble's center of mass.
Is this proof of how the tunneling phenomena works? Absolutely not.
OK ... so when may we expect to see a paper, by you, expanding on this "consideration"?But neither can it be summarily rejected without consideration (at least by my reckoning).
My hilite.This is the general pattern of analysis I find with GUTCP. Treating the electron as an extended distribution rather than a point charge admits novel solutions that simply haven't been fully considered - especially when coupled with the non-radiation condition. And the non-radiation condition does not get nearly enough consideration in this thread.
<snip>
Well, unlike some who have posted here in support of Mills' nonsense, at least you're honest about the limits of your knowledge.
So far, so good.
OK ... so when may we expect to see a paper, by you, expanding on this "consideration"?
One that is more mathematically rigorous than what one typically finds in Mills' writing. One that shows quantitative consistency with experimental results.
Or not ... his post has nothing on "the non-radiation condition", which is what I asked about (per the hilite).looks like Markie has already done that.
From Brett Holverstott's book, page 20:
"In 1982, Mills started at Harvard Medical School. He moved rapidly through the required coursework, taking six or seven classes per term... By the fall of 1985, after only three years, Mills had completed all the required coursework at Harvard Medical School. This was unheard of, and Harvard asked Mills complete a final year, so Mills spent it at the Graduate School of Engineering at MIT. "
Now you have something concrete to check out. Year and everything.
As Mills explains in a footnote at the bottom of page 59 (2018 edition), the mass of the orbitsphere displaces spacetime so that the orbitsphere, although having zero thickness, has a non zero gravitational thickness. Schwartzchild metric and all that.
Because Hydrinos don't existYes, of course, but he said Mills had reasons. What would Mills reasons be?
Because Hydrinos don't exist![]()