Thermal
August Member
Did you forget the "But they're dicks" bit already?
Dave
Is there some contradiction there? The WBC has the legal right yo do their thing. They are also dicks for doing so.
Did you forget the "But they're dicks" bit already?
Dave
Reasons: they literally sat down and lifted Christan symbols and names, coupled them with B movie devil worshipping images, and declared themselves a non theistic religion.
Are you freaking 5 years old to even put up a pretense of taking this seriously?
Apparently we're only allowed to argue against parts of Thermal's argument he allows us to.
Definition of sincere
"free from pretense or deceit; proceeding from genuine feelings."
The fact they declare openly what you said is an act free from pretended and deceit and their genuine feelings.
So what the hell do you even want at this point? The Satanist get to put up their display but we all have to line up and wag our fingers at them for being "petty?"
I made a passing freaking comment on page one that I have been responding to challenges on for six *****"-*****"" pages. Said challenges having little to nothing to do with my posting.
So, better question: what the hell do you want? There's no discussion here, as you only argue positions I do not hold. Why, I ask, are you and yours keeping this going?
Is there some contradiction there?
No you didn't make a "passing comment." The idea the the minority religion is being "petty" simply for exercising their right to do exactly what the majority religion is doing (which is where your insane and insulting strawman comparisons to the WBC fall apart) has been the literal end of the rope you won't drop.
What I want is for you to understand that your stance on the Satanist display is a double standard based in religious intolerance.
Obviously, we're trying to convince you that calling them dicks is cultural Christian bias, which it is.
But, just as it's their right to do what they did, it's your right to call them dicks, and our right to try to convince you how wrong you are.
A lot of tilting at windmills, but it's what puts the **** in ISF.![]()
The Jews also don't celebrate cultural Christian traditions, are they being dicks for their non-participatory display? The Jews went through similar accusations of being dicks a couple decades ago.
No contradiction. I'm just highlighting the blatant dishonesty of offering "yeah, these guys have every right in the world to do what they are doing" as a summary of your entire position throughout the thread.
Dave
Why do you think its dishonest to acknowledge a right, and still opine on the perceived abuse of that right?
I don't. I think it's dishonest to say two things for six pages and then pretend that you've only been saying one of them for six pages.
Dave
I have said both, and dear god repeatedly, from page one. As we are all in full agreement on the first, you find it 'dishonest' that it would not be hammered as often? Well...ok...
If you're feeling persecuted for your beliefs, just say so. Then we'll judge whether your beliefs are sincere enough to merit respecting, and if you pass you may erect a display (at your own expense) in the state capitol of your choice. That will not, however, be deemed an indication that you are not considered 'a dick'.
They are an actual religion by all standards. Anything you say of Satanists can be said Christianity and vice versa.Well, agreed for the most part. A lot of this boils down to whether or not the devil dudes are an actual religion. Being non theistic and made up and all.
Good idea. First, I'll make up some BS religion out of the clear blue sky: the Church of the swinging Johnson. Its totes sincere and real. You will be free and entirely accurate to call my statuary a dick.
I have said both, and dear god repeatedly, from page one. As we are all in full agreement on the first, you find it 'dishonest' that it would not be hammered as often? Well...ok...